(Topic ID: 78288)

Fun with Rit Dye: Pink flippers, purple nuts for Future Spa.

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ChadTower
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-897.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-620.jpg
image.jpg
image_5.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

Been meaning to do this for a while.. Rit came out with some new liquid dye colors. Picked up a bottle of the Fuchsia and the Lavender. The Fuschia has to be HEAVILY diluted to get the hot pink effect, and literally once you have it boiling, you just dip, dip, dip for a second or two each time, rinse them off, and you're done....like doing an Easter egg in a light color. If you go long, it goes into the redder part of the saturation and more closely matches the color on the apron.

Can do the same thing with Lavender to get a lighter purple, but I went with darker...just tossed in the nuts and let them boil in the dye/water/vinegar mixture (not nearly as watered down mind you..). Flippers looked AWESOME but since the hot pink was what I really wanted and they came out great that's what I put on the game. When/if they break, I've got the purple set to back them up. image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

#2 10 years ago

My wife needs to post her picture, it's a lot clearer.

#3 10 years ago

Love the idea but you can't tell the color of the nuts in that pic. They just look tarnished.

#4 10 years ago

Sorry, got the best I can do with a cracked up iPhone. Hence...my...comment.......above.

#5 10 years ago

Great! Much more durable than spray painting/clearing flipper bats.

#6 10 years ago

Your wife has been too interested in Skyim to troll Pinside. You can see the successful pink nylon nut in the fourth image.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg image-55.jpgimage-55.jpg image-897.jpgimage-897.jpg
#7 10 years ago

Majestic! I love it.

#8 10 years ago

That is pretty cool. I might have to try this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-with-rit-dye-pink-flippers-purple-nuts-for-future-spa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.