Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A70AF553-88AC-4BA6-9619-71DD7578694F (resized).jpeg
    wall2 (resized).JPG
    wall1 (resized).JPG
    tspbleach (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    predarac (resized).PNG
    a3143861c377_4360.gif
    1DFA4413-2BED-47FE-8AC9-F68EBA22A035 (resized).jpeg
    27EBE5BF-D75F-4CBF-B267-8E054D9C8ED8 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5863 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5800 (resized).JPG
    3462EB23-970A-42D3-890B-61E9E39A1F11 (resized).jpeg
    deck after (resized).jpg
    deck before (resized).jpg
    IMG_5515 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

I've got a Generac. It works well when it works, but I don't do a lot of pressure washing. I let it sit for about a year with gas in it. Gummed up the carb (my fault), but also caused whatever was lining the inside of the gas tank to lose adhesion. I've never seen that before.

2 months later
    #34 3 years ago

Gotta get my pressure washer up and running fast and I've pretty much nuked my gas tank. Generac wants ~$100 for just the tank with none of the other stuff that goes on the tank. For ~$30, I could try a Chinese copy that may or may not fit and be just as poorly made. I though HF sold tanks but they don't. Then I happened upon their small engines. Apparently most small engines are copies of a Honda design. I know the Generac is. There are tons of happy reviewers who fixed their pressure washers by installing a Predator engine. So for ~$100 after coupon, I get a new gas tank with the new engine and don't have to worry about rebuilding my carb. Wish me luck!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Those Predator HB engines are scarce around here and in demand. Not sure if China made goods are being held up or whats happening.
    Did you get the newer version or the "Hemi"? I really don't think theres much difference but the go-cart guys demand the Hemi version.

It's the newer version. For my purposes, I'll take reliability over modability I just hope it fits and isn't too much of a pain in the ass.

The more I read about the engines, the more I want to build a go-kart though

#38 3 years ago

Perfect fit! Doing a 3 hour break-in then going to install the pump, but the fittings are exactly the same.

The Predarac!

predarac (resized).PNGpredarac (resized).PNG

5 months later
    #39 3 years ago

Have any of you tried th home-made recipe for 30 Second Cleaner? It's supposedly 5-6% bleach + 2% TSP.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Chlorine isn't recommended through pressure washers even though people do it all the time.
    I love real TSP but its getting a little harder the find, phosphates are under scrutiny. Never tried it through a PW.
    Would love to find a substitute for the high dollar "Approved" cleaners.
    Need to find the MSDS for one of those like Lowes sells, even with proprietary ingredients I could figure out whats in it.

This would be a spray-on and then scrub or pressure wash sort of thing. I get 6% bleach for ~$2.50 per gallon and 4 1/2 pounds of TSP powder for ~$9.50. I mixed 3 quarts hot water with 1 cup of TSP then added 1 quart of bleach. This is what it did to my dirty grout within seconds of quick scrubbing with a toothbrush. The camera picks up every flaw. It really looks even better to my eyes.

tspbleach (resized).JPGtspbleach (resized).JPG

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

This is the best attachment for concrete driveways, patios, walkways. Works amazingly well and you can do large areas fast. Highly recommended!

That will pay for itself in time and water savings...

#44 3 years ago

Started working on the north side of my house. This is the same mix I used on the tile. I applied with a gallon sprayer, then let sit for a few minutes before a light scrubbing with a soft brush and final rinse.

Anybody got a tip for removing these dead vines? They always want to leave a little something stuck to the wall.

wall1 (resized).JPGwall1 (resized).JPG

wall2 (resized).JPGwall2 (resized).JPG

#47 3 years ago

I’ve got a roughly 8 year old Craftsman mower with a Briggs motor that I totally abuse. Ethanol gas, sits for months, it doesn’t matter. Starts right up by second pull. Most motors I can’t get away with this. What is the diff?

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The jets in CARB-compliant engines are microscopic compared to a Briggs. Why I'm not sure, perhaps they run lean to produce less smog.
    I still use several old cast-iron Briggs and love them.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Sounds kinda like what they do with chain saw motors. Though with those, they restrict air intake. You can just drill more holes in the restricter to get around that though.

1 week later
    #52 3 years ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

I borrowed my neighbor's gas powered pressure washer to clean my concrete patio. It did a great job. The pressure washer was sitting in my driveway while I worked, and I suddenly wondered why I smelled burning plastic. Turns out the exhaust of the washer was right in front of my wife's minivan, and I burned a hole through the front bumper. D'oh

One step forward, two steps back. I do things like that all the time....

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I used to drain the gas out of all the small engines I have. I found that if you use the ethanol free "clear" gas they don't gum up.

I should probably just bite the bullet and do this. I left the damn fuel line open the last time I put mine up. It would sputter a bit then quit. The carb bowl wasn't gummed up, but I'm sure the juets were starting to. Saved it with Seafoam. This time I closed the fuel line and drained the bowl when I was done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-with-pressure-washers?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.