Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    1804931 (resized).jpg
    d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    FYBOB (resized).jpeg
    70-way_src (resized).jpg
    Mommy (resized).jpg
    Cruiser (resized).jpg
    PB010537 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    img001 (resized).jpg
    spresion (resized).jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

Some are obvious, others not so much; I always wonder where some of the usernames come from. I’ll go first: I’ve always been KG bec it sounds good, I don’t like my first name, and bec my lil bro always had dibs on our last name around friends. The Random came from the fact that I randomly and quickly do/say a bunch of different things/topics so friends growing up called me Random KG. The Random has nothing to do with pinball specifically interestingly enough.

#2 5 years ago

I just created a name/account just to check out the site after we watched Wizard Mode. I didn’t know it would be the beginning of an addiction.

Needless to say it was a short sighted decision.

#3 5 years ago

Mine started as a joke from about 1975 using my video game initials.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

Scooby Doo, my favorite cartoon series coupled with the Mountain Dew commercials.

#5 5 years ago

I've used it for close to 20 years. I made it up. /shrug Apparently it was so good that it was stolen by:

Power Rangers for one of their villains (http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Frax)
    University of Sheffield for a medical tool name.. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FRAX Originated 2008 lmao)
    Lego Legends of Chima character (http://legolegendsofchima.wikia.com/wiki/Frax)

Bet ya'll didn't know I was this famous.

#6 5 years ago

I have no imagination

#7 5 years ago

It's the name of the fast-food chain that I patronize. Even Krusty himself (CEO / Owner) says "It's not just good, it's good enough". Not to mention, Krustyburger's was the "official meat-flavored sandwich" of the 1984 Summer Olympics.
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

I like tuna.

#9 5 years ago

All my life I've stayed up late. I remember watching old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes black & white movies after re-runs of MASH and Twilight Zone late late into the night and still waking up early for elementary school. My friends joked I was a vampire throughout my school years. The kangaroo just popped into my head one day and I thought the combination sounded like a 70s cult B-movie that should've been made. Maybe one day, "Attack of the VampireKangaroos!"

#10 5 years ago

Mine has been my nickname for 20 years,one day we were smoking out and my friend said "Fuck Puff Daddy we got Puff Danny"and it stuck.20 years later most my friends including my wife call me it and it is the name of my business and my alias I use in the art world when I make an item or get published(Hightimes magazine x2)

#11 5 years ago

Some guy at my first job out of college always called me WackyBrakke.....it just stuck....mostly cause I like it and it is true.

#12 5 years ago

My initials

#13 5 years ago

I’m an identical twin. “Mudflap” is an autobot/Decepticon who has a twin bro. Mud is typically the crazy one.

#14 5 years ago

Just some letters and punctuation I randomly chose from the alphabet and keyboard.

#15 5 years ago

I am a huge Bengals fan....well i was before the kneeling BS started at least and my name has been Who Dey on every online forum or Playstation account (BcWho-Dey) that i have ever had for the last 25 years or so. Who Dey is the Cincinnati Bengals team mascot and its also part of a chant for the Bengals. Who Dey....Who Dey...Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals!

#16 5 years ago

"Is that Pinball DVD made yet?"

#17 5 years ago

My first pin (and only pin when I joined Pinside) was Rocky & Bullwinkle. On that game, instead of "Grand Champion" the highest score is called "Top Moose."

#18 5 years ago

I stole the idea from Indiana Jones the last crusade.

Jorge was my dogs name.

5240 was my garage code.

#19 5 years ago

I first used mine about 25 years ago on a sport fishing forum because Seinfeld happen to be on the TV when I was registering and I just entered cosmokramer without giving it a second thought. I thought about changing it a few weeks after I started on the fishing forum because it just looked kind of silly but I kept it...I used it again when I registered on a poker forum about 15 years ago and also used it as my screen name on Party Poker and Pokerstars (I miss those days)... so a few years ago when I was registering for Pinside I tried to come up with a pinball type name but in the end I just went with the original...

#20 5 years ago

Mine is just a random name I invented for my Zelda character many many years ago. I’ve used it since for many characters and avatars. Unfortunately, my son stole it on at least one occasion, perhaps more.

#21 5 years ago

Gorilla Biscuits sounds way cooler than Patrick. Also, anybody that knows what it means is automatically vetted as a cool person to make a deal with... unless it’s Tony Victory, that guy can eat it.

#22 5 years ago

Mine was given to me by my Grandfather (who passed away this past spring).

When I was in elementary school, I would ride a different bus after school during the spring and fall to help on the farm. It was also one of the last stops of the day, so it wouldn’t be light out for too much longer once I arrived. (That happens when you live right on the border of a time zone). So, once I arrived on the farm, my grandfather would radio my dad and tell him “Your nightly rider is here.” so he could find out where my dad was so my grandfather could take me there.

Nightly rider became night rider when I started pulling garden tractors (someone made a spelling error when they painted the name on the hood) and then it became niterider when I needed a login name for my first dialup internet account...and it had a limit of 9 total characters.

#23 5 years ago

Mine was a nickname given to me like 33 yrs ago at a party. I have gone by the name Buzz ever since. And my avatar is a landmark I live by and remember going to before I was the Buzz. It has just fit a lot better than my classic birth name.

#24 5 years ago

When I joined Pinside in March 2012, my name was NewPinOwner. I think around the 10 pin mark (buying and selling), I realized this was a long-haul thing, and I was able to change it to just NPO. If you search "NewPinOwner", it will come up in some people's posts when referencing me.

Plus, it's easier for people to say when meeting up at shows ; ).

#25 5 years ago

I used to really love the Ridge Racer games on PlayStation & “Rare Hero” is one of the songs in the game I really liked.

#26 5 years ago

My handle combines two of my favorite things, blues music and pinball, and my avatar picture is of Eric Clapton. A lot of people at first think that it means blue spin, like a blue pinwheel, even after seeing my avatar picture. When people come over to the house to meet me they look at me and I can tell that they think I don't look like my avatar. I am an old white guy, but I'm not that old, and my name isn't Eric Clapton.

blue pinwheel (resized).jpgblue pinwheel (resized).jpg
    #27 5 years ago

My name in hebrew was translated to “son of my right hand” and my middle name is also a prophet in the Bible... prophecy”. “Sorhp”... I’ve used it for 25 years on everything...

... then one of my mentors went as Chosen, and in his memory, I combined them.

#28 5 years ago

Chuck - high school nickname (long story.... my names erik)

Wurt- my last names Wurtenberger

This is the username I picked for the first time I logged onto AIM back in the early 2000s. Used it for everything online ever since.

#29 5 years ago

Mine is a reflection of my personality. Fun, easy going and likable.

#30 5 years ago

Cuz I’m phat yo....

It was my nickname when I drove for dominos twenty yrs ago. Ironically I weighed 129 back then soaking wet. Everybody would talk about phatjay and picture some big fat dude, well until I showed up and everybody would bust out laughing. So it phat with a ph, cuz that’s how I roll....lol

#31 5 years ago

My last name is "Zenner". Ever since I was about 8, I've had various nicknames that all started with "Z". It seemed obvious, and leaving in the second "N" gave it pun-like quality.

#32 5 years ago

Point Break Movie

68881726-1D9A-4E9F-A3B7-579264410691 (resized).jpeg68881726-1D9A-4E9F-A3B7-579264410691 (resized).jpeg
    #33 5 years ago

back when I got into forums, I was also into comic books, one called Rai (Valiant comics) about a futuristic Samurai.

I just kind of stuck with it.

ZZZ021114-CX (resized).jpgZZZ021114-CX (resized).jpg

#34 5 years ago

pinballtom was already taken

pinside avatar is just a cool snapshot of a cool BG
    I do not own any motorbikes.

#35 5 years ago

"Adopted" (raised) a 'yote pup when I was living out in Colorado.

#36 5 years ago

WHTHRS White Horse. White Horses are a big thing around here! But honestly I didn't pick that name for the Broncos. White Horse is the name of my mining claim that my first log home was built on. "The White Horse Lode" 16617.

#37 5 years ago

I already told you, but you don’t know that yet, because I did it tomorrow.
    You can look ahead if you want to find out.. pg3, post 108.

#38 5 years ago

Mine is Gaelic: 'eala' means swan, 'dubh' means black. Wanted something enigmatic and different when I first got on the net in my late 20s pretentious phase, stuck with it ever since.

#39 5 years ago

First initial, and then last name. I have literally no creativity.

#40 5 years ago

I have an unhealthy obsession with a Chicago baseball team. It’s not the Cubs.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

"Adopted" (raised) a 'yote pup when I was living out in Colorado.

Damn Coyote, I was rooting for a cool background. You didn’t disappoint. Nice...

#42 5 years ago

Sea Ray 230 Cuddy Cabin

#43 5 years ago

The beginning of altered beast, EXACTY how Zeus says it.

#44 5 years ago

I'm so bad at pinball that it's a sin. Yet, I can't stop wanting to play. Therefore I'm a pin sinner.

#45 5 years ago

My parents called me Robin and it stuck!

#46 5 years ago

yp = wipe
    ur = your
    chn = chin

ypurchn cause you’re drooling.

My license plate on my old truck

65FFB8AD-E351-4CE5-B369-D8C34B8E065D (resized).jpeg65FFB8AD-E351-4CE5-B369-D8C34B8E065D (resized).jpeg
    #47 5 years ago

I’ve used The Completist as my online name for years - back when i was allowed to online game (ie pre-kids). The name was taken from a Tragically Hip song, keeping with my Kingston ON born roots. And i like he song lol. However the name itself also suites me as i’ve always felt compelled to complete a collection of something. Obviously making collecting pins a very dangerous idea...

#48 5 years ago

Starbase is my childhood arcade and was located in San Rafael,CA. Opened around 1984 and they had all the newest games and even rare gems like Disc of Tron Environmental cabinet. Great spot and one of the first placed I played pinball at. Closed a few years ago after hanging on way too long.

F

#49 5 years ago

The first letter of each member of my family.
    B-brent
    A-Anisa
    J-Jadon
    M-Morgan

Not very creative but works.

#50 5 years ago

I created mine because I like pinball and dinosaurs.

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-splain-your-username?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.