Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    1804931 (resized).jpg
    d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    FYBOB (resized).jpeg
    70-way_src (resized).jpg
    Mommy (resized).jpg
    Cruiser (resized).jpg
    PB010537 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    img001 (resized).jpg
    spresion (resized).jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 5 years ago

Mad, crazy science teacher, who perspires too much aka Mr Driskel.

I am none of the above, but 25+ years ago, I needed a username for the an internet account and that was the first thing that popped into my head, without planning. I later needed to justify the name

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Wow! You are lucky to be alive, not to mention have a leg! What prison did you learn to play Spades at?

I ended up being is some form of a cast for a full year - full let, 1/2 leg, boot. By the time I started rehab my calf was about the size of my wrist. Anyway, got back to myself not soon after, and no lingering effects. Although, my orthopedic told me I lost about 1/4" in my right leg. I still cycle and run occasionally, but never really noticed the difference.

As far as my card playing, quite the opposite - Oklahoma Baptist University spades champion 1990. That and sneaking up to the boys dorm attic for our Friday night poker tournaments (I was an R.A., so I had a key )

#203 5 years ago

I love knockers! Big ones that bang the side of the cabinet..

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I use my real name [quoted image]

I thought u were paying homage to an ex wife!

#205 5 years ago

Favorite band back in the day + favorite video game console back in the day (not the *best* mind you, but my personal favorite for a slew of reasons).

#206 5 years ago

I was trying to think of an online name that made sense for a pinball website, and I wasn't on any other online forums so didn't already have other online names.
    Hmmm, ...something-pinball, ...pinball-something.
    Pinball-is-great is what stuck in my head, so I went with that.

Another interest of mine is canoeing & kayaking, so sometimes I use canoemike for online names.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from candyman:

3 Musketeers originally was a 3 piece bar with vanilla, chocolate,
    and strawberry centers which explains the name.

To this day
    I swear that when I eat a 3 Musketeer bar,
    i still taste a hint of strawberry in the light fluff filling.

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I use my real name [quoted image]

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I thought u were paying homage to an ex wife!

Perhaps an ex wife who works at Deeproot?

2 weeks later
    #209 5 years ago

MY name is Joe. I am a Mold Remediation Contractor. Everyone in my business community calls me The only Funguy you want in your house,

d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpgd372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    #210 5 years ago
    Quoted from FunGuy:

MY name is Joe. I am a Mold Remediation Contractor. Everyone in my business community calls me The only Funguy you want in your house,
    [quoted image]

Mold remediation....is that like therapy?

3 weeks later
    #211 5 years ago

Dan Q is my first name and last initial.

I share a birthday with Elvis.

Elvis famously muttered "Thank you very much" a lot.

But wait, there's more to the story!

Look closer at my avatar. That's not Elvis, it's Andy Kaufman doing his (excellent) Elvis impersonation.

And of course, Andy's "weird foreign guy" character said "tank you veddy much" after his impersonations.

Long story short, it's that voice I hear internally when I contemplate my username, I really don't think I'm as cool as freaking Elvis when I make one of my pithy comments. I put myself out there, trying to be funny mostly, then I meekly, internally, say "DanQVerymuch."

4 months later
    #212 5 years ago
    1804931 (resized).jpg1804931 (resized).jpg
    #213 5 years ago

My favorite vacation spot back in the day... The Beechwood section of Ludington state park. So awesome. Like pinball. So it stuck.

#214 5 years ago

Man mine is so boring.

First name and first initial of my last name.

#215 5 years ago

"beadwindow" is a term from my military days. if that word was said over comms, it meant that some sensitive info was inadvertently mentioned on the net and everyone needs to be advised. it was also followed by a number combo that gave specific data relating to the nature of the info. of course, we used it (or some other previously agreed upon term) to let all the guys know that one of the jefes was listening in on our team comms and to keep things business-like.

#216 5 years ago

Mine is due to the fact I've always like Williams games. I remember playing them when I was really young. My first games was a Williams. I like the pointy art figures on the late 60s early 70's EMs. And when buying used ones that aren't from an ad, they always seem to from Williams.....

#217 5 years ago

First name, last initial, degree...when I receive messages addressed to mr. Mee I get suspicious.

#218 5 years ago

Trying to will a Ready Player One (book, not movie) pin into existence...

#219 5 years ago

Doug and (n) Andi (my wife’s and my first name...also stands for deoxyribonucleic acid...what I extracted from grasses to sequence during college for a job, and what makes us us. pac stands for Physician Assistant-Certified...what I do. Thus dnapac.

#220 5 years ago

I'm a piano tuner and I bleed Maize and Blue.

#221 5 years ago

When I lived in Stevens Point, I would call it SPoint for short. 28 is for the Z28 I had in high school.
    And of course my name is Tom.

#222 5 years ago

First and middle initial, plus the name of the main character from one of my favorite John Carpenter movies.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from jasonspoint28:

When I lived in Stevens Point, I would call it SPoint for short. 28 is for the Z28 I had in high school.
    And of course my name is Tom.

JK

#224 5 years ago

My college degree is in film production and I worked corporate film and video for over a decade, still do shoots when I can squeeze them in. More of a Cinematographer by trade, but The Director sounded cooler. So, I went with it and have used on all gaming related forums since.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Man mine is so boring.

I know the feeling.

#226 5 years ago

Because Defender is an awesome game!
    I got my Defender Vid in 1992 and my Defender pin in 2006.

They never get old!

#227 5 years ago

The mainframe computer login that was assigned to me in the early 1980s that has been forever etched into my brain, as I came to use it across multiple systems...

#229 5 years ago

goes back to the 90s when MKII was huge (baraka). NDL is an acronym for a drum line i was in.

#230 5 years ago

My Username is a simplified pronouncing of how my family has always pronounced our last name which is "Rumsey".

#231 5 years ago

Friends and visitors would come over and loved hanging out in my game room. Lots of pins,arcade games, neon signs and monster memorabilia. Huge bar full of liquor and craft beer too. A few guests said this place is like dave and busters but the games, beer, liquor and food are all free. This is the ultimate game room!
    The name stuck even tho it is far from some of the insane collections I’ve seen here on pinside.

#232 5 years ago

Stretch is always taken so i have to add a number after it.

#233 5 years ago

Bublehead is a shortened version of bubblehead which is what Submariners (like myself) in the US Navy are called by the Surface Warfare types, i.e. the blokes that we liked to call “targets”. They thought it was a great put-down. Submariners are a crazy lot, so we started calling ourselves bubbleheads just to get their goats. In the early days of the net, IRC chat rooms only allowed a nickname 9 characters long, so I dropped the extra “b” and became Bublehead on all the forums. Hit me up for some crusty sea stories from the cold war, buy me a pint of my favorite, and I’ll spin a yarn for ya matey.

1 week later
    #234 5 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

goes back to the 90s when MKII was huge (baraka). NDL is an acronym for a drum line i was in.

I had no idea the etymology of your username and glad you explained this. I have always read it as "Barak and I" though when I've seen you post over the years haha

#235 5 years ago

Crash Bandicoot.

#236 5 years ago
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpgbig_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    #237 5 years ago

I flew F-16s in the US Air Force and my tactical nickname was Toucan.
    So my user name here is ToucanF16

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I flew F-16s in the US Air Force and my tactical nickname was Toucan.
    So my user name here is ToucanF16

Thanks for your service.

#239 5 years ago

Mine is pretty boring as well and self-explanatory to the folks here and I use it in other areas as well, but... a few of the members in my car club misread it and thought it was "HomeGrown". I was wondering why everyone was always asking me for weed....

They still refer (reefer?) to me as HomeGrown.

#240 5 years ago

I wired an electric fence transformer to the bird feeders to keep the squirrels off of them.
    My wife thought it was funny and came up with the name for her EBay handle.
    I stole it from her.
    She was pissed.

E.

#241 5 years ago

Me almost 20 years ago . Pinball is safer. Glad I’m still here .Suzuki GSXR

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpegEBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg

#242 5 years ago

kinda self explanatory - I just made mine up spur of the moment however many years ago when I was dipping my toes in the Pinside pool after hearing everyone on rgp bitch about all the prima donnas over here.

Had I known I would become one of them, I may have spent more time on my username...

#243 5 years ago

First 3 letters of my last name raised to the 10th power.

Shorter than typing:
    zen_multiplied_by_0b1001010100000010111110010000000000

Please don’t beat me up and take my lunch money.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I actually don't remember my actual Pinside signup process or why I chose to go full vanity on it. If I had it to do over I'd probably go with one of my more absurd online monikers. Gornkleschnitzer comes to mind. (Source: Made up at random to test a nonsense generator on a web site.)

So it turns out you can request to have your username changed!

In other news, symbols don't show up properly on my phone, and I may have just reported my quoted post.

5 months later
    #245 4 years ago

I almost went with Needles’n’pins. Being a T1 diabetic I though it was a pretty good mash up until my wife said to most people it might make me look like a junkie.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I almost went with Needles’n’pins. Being a T1 diabetic I though it was a pretty good mash up until my wife said to most people it might make me look like a junkie.

We should start our own club. Us T1's need to stick together.

Since I am here...

My username stands for "Straight Down The Middle in St. Louis" It is reference to what happens too often when I play pinball.

#247 4 years ago

I have been a coin op amusement and vending technician since 1982......we are known as 'star techs', probably due to all of the space and sci fi themes in video games and pins, etc. I would create a name called Startech *does anyone remember the startech journal?) but it was always taken so i went with Startek.......then some big company created a cell phone called the startek phone and all of a sudden my email account went down so now it is Startek2......

#248 4 years ago

Cause Dean Malenko was the best!

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

We should start our own club. Us T1's need to stick together.
    Since I am here...
    My username stands for "Straight Down The Middle in St. Louis" It is reference to what happens too often when I play pinball.

Maybe there is one already. Haven’t really looked.

2 months later
    #250 4 years ago

I played 8 ball on the circuit for awhile and live in Texas. Bonus , I played eight ball deluxe back in the early 80's and now want to buy one. lol

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-splain-your-username/page/5?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.