Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    1804931 (resized).jpg
    d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    FYBOB (resized).jpeg
    70-way_src (resized).jpg
    Mommy (resized).jpg
    Cruiser (resized).jpg
    PB010537 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    img001 (resized).jpg
    spresion (resized).jpg

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Funny thing is I cannot remember what my old username on here was. I searched the ones I used to use back in the day, but doesn't pull anything up. To answer your question, no I have never used one starting with a K.

Yeah i know, i was just kidding. Theres a guy that got banned from here and his name sounds like Canada sort of but spelled with a K instead of a C. He is hated so bad here that nobody is even allowed to say his name.

#152 5 years ago

When I was a kid a brand new Bally Fireball machine showed up at the local bowling alley and it was the most awesomeness in a pinball game I had ever seen. I mean demons and multiball? Just what a ten year old pinball enthusiast is looking for.

And I played it whenever I could afford it, but people weren't just dropping dimes on the ground like they do pennies today. Occasionally there would be some locked balls to steal or maybe a replay left on it, but rarely.

So when I joined up I wanted to be Odin in honor of that game, but it was already taken, so I went with o-din instead.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Yes, it is real. Roughly the same size as the game backglass without script. Work was completed after return from my fourth combat tour.

That's badass. Thanks for your service.

#154 5 years ago

Song name by a band called "The O".

#155 5 years ago

If i remember correctly, the name comes from some computer game villain called lord lich luzurius or something, from an old c64 rpg i had In my youth.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I was a kid a brand new Bally Fireball machine showed up at the local bowling alley and it was the most awesomeness in a pinball game I had ever seen. I mean demons and multiball? Just what a ten year old pinball enthusiast is looking for.
    And I played it whenever I could afford it, but people weren't just dropping dimes on the ground like they do pennies today. Occasionally there would be some locked balls to steal or maybe a replay left on it, but rarely.
    So when I joined up I wanted to be Odin in honor of that game, but it was already taken, so I went with o-din instead.

You should have went by Wotan then or asshole Sorry, that's what TheLaw should change his name to.

#157 5 years ago

CRWJumper (pronounced crew jumper) - CRW stands for Canopy Relative Work. It's a discipline in skydiving where we don't freefall, but open our parachutes the moment we exit the plane, usually around 2.5 miles high. We then fly our parachutes into each other and grab them to create parachute formations. Most skydivers call us crazy because they don't like it when things go wrong and the parachutes collapse and wrap around us and we have to cut them away and then open our reserve parachutes. What a bunch of babies!
    70-way_src (resized).jpg70-way_src (resized).jpgFYBOB (resized).jpegFYBOB (resized).jpegMommy (resized).jpgMommy (resized).jpg

#158 5 years ago

I am tall. I am blonde. And tallblonde was taken years ago when AIM and home computers became a thing, so blondetall it was.

(For some reason, lots of you seem to read it as blondetail. I am not a deer.)

#159 5 years ago

i live in baltimore and i like pinball

#160 5 years ago

Partly because there is a learning curve when diagnosing pinball issues with the power on , but mostly because I've always been an Ace Frehley/KISS fan.

#161 5 years ago

I'm a big PC online FPS (First Person Shooter) player so while in game when I kill you the server notifies you that you were just killed by Death Himself, been using that name since 1992 to present in every game and forum now.

#162 5 years ago

Hats just don’t fit my large melon!

#163 5 years ago

I only did 3,300 jumps with students and a couple of tv shoots. The crw you did was crazy. People don’t realize how hard that is. Great pics!!

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i know, i was just kidding. Theres a guy that got banned from here and his name sounds like Canada sort of but spelled with a K instead of a C. He is hated so bad here that nobody is even allowed to say his name.

I know of who you speak.

Oh, and for whoever mentioned brokedad, not a name I have gone by. Managed to avoid kids thus far.

#165 5 years ago

I spent 23 years in the Air Force fixing jets, specifically aircraft Fuel Systems...F-4s, F-15s, F-16s and A-10s...so, FtrMech...Fighter Mechanic. Now working for Lockheed as a Systems Engineer on the F-22.

#166 5 years ago

jar = JAR, my initials.

155 is a bit of a story, but I'll condense it down best I can. I used to play soccer, baseball, football, and basketball in competition leagues. In high school I played soccer, football, and basketball. After so many overlapping seasons for so many years, you sort of start to burn out. I dropped all my high school sports except for football, and then only kept on with basketball in the comp league.

The team I was on for basketball was good. Everybody could shoot, we were very athletic, and we were blowing teams out routinely. To make the games more fun, we started doing goofy stuff for fun. We still played hard, but we made pre-game programs to hand out as people came in, we did a halftime half court shot to win something, we got the high school drill team to perform (that pissed some parents off), and we just had more fun in our play, but we still played hard and won. It became a hangout thing, just like regular high school basketball and we would often get 100-200 students there. Other teams complained that we were distracting though, and the league shut down all the antics. The crowds kept coming though.

I still wanted to do something fun, so I took some white tape and added an additional 5 to my jersey, to make it go from 15 to 155. About 3 minutes into the game the ref noticed and just started blowing his whistle like crazy and gave me a technical foul and made me remove the extra digit. The crowd booed like crazy. The rest of the game, any time I committed a foul, the ref would say, "that's a foul on one five" and the crowd would add in a loud "five!" right after. It carried over to the next game, and any time my number was announced, they would add an extra five.

It just stuck. I've been using jar155 online ever since, which is a good 20 years now.

#167 5 years ago

My name is Casey. I used to live in Milwaukee around the time that I created usernames for a lot of things. MKE is Milwaukee's airport abbreviation. So it's M-K-E-Casey.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kaneda.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

You should have went by Wotan then or asshole

I considered wotan, but didn't seem right.

I suppose it could have been wo-tan or ass-hole.

#170 5 years ago

Hey, The Pinball Works. Lets play.

#171 5 years ago

I work in a lab that tests vehicles. Long ago, whoever could make something work that no one else could would declare themselves as "King of the Lab!" Well … combine that with that I started to get all of the most complicated and timing expedited projects to make my projects the highest priority in the lab, and me being the king kind of stuck for the last 15 years or so. Even the secretary made a business card for me with my title as being "King of the Lab" as a joke. King plus my initials make it KingBW.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from skyrex:

I used to be a full time skydiver. Sky plus Rex which is Latin for King. So skyrex is sky king

Neat! I used to be the Sunday videographer and packer for about 7 years. Retired from working in the sport and just jump for fun now. I still maintain 4 sport rigs and 2 antiques that I jump!

My name is part of my last name and I fix / sell TVs for a living.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

CRWJumper (pronounced crew jumper) - CRW stands for Canopy Relative Work. It's a discipline in skydiving where we don't freefall, but open our parachutes the moment we exit the plane, usually around 2.5 miles high. We then fly our parachutes into each other and grab them to create parachute formations. Most skydivers call us crazy because they don't like it when things go wrong and the parachutes collapse and wrap around us and we have to cut them away and then open our reserve parachutes. What a bunch of babies!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pics. I have maybe 10 crw jumps. 2, 3 and 4 way. Nothing that big. If you guys are ever up my way. I have 2 Para commanders that get regular use. I am still looking for a Paradactle or thunder bow to add to the arsenal if you have one on the shelf for sale

#174 5 years ago

1993 Supercharged Cobra Mustang - I've owned it for over 20 years. It replaced a 67 Fastback I drove everyday, at the time, as my dad was determined I wasn't going to drive old hot rods all the time, I was determined I'd find a late model adequate replacement. License plate says SCCOBRA.
    My wife and I dated in it, and I street raced a lot of folks with it back in the day, many times in the middle of the night, and it's known a little locally for that. It doesn't get out much these days but I've managed to hold on to it. I have another 67 Fastback now too, much like the one I sold.
    There ya have it.

IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPGIMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    #175 5 years ago

Mine's just a carryover from the username I've had for 15+ years at http://www.stevehoffman.tv (audiophile recordings/mastering and pro audio equipment discussions); first half of the name's obvious in that regard and the last part comes from me being a longtime Rod Serling fan.

#176 5 years ago

Super interesting stuff everyone so far. Thanks for participating. My IRL friends are making fun of me for this post, but it’s ok, they’re tools.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I am tall. I am blonde. And tallblonde was taken years ago when AIM and home computers became a thing, so blondetall it was.
    (For some reason, lots of you seem to read it as blondetail. I am not a deer.)

SORRY.,

#178 5 years ago

Nickname = Bud
    First name = Edwin

#179 5 years ago

I worked for the Mars candy company in Chicago for over 22 years. We make Snickers, Milky Way,
    3 Musketeers and Dove chocolate bars. Besides the candy bars, we make the milk chocolate for the candy
    for our own use as well as supplying it to other Mars plants for their candy production. I was a chocolate
    plant process operator until I retired. One of the quality tests is a taste test and I was regularly recertified
    to do so. I could eat all the candy and chocolate I wanted to while I was at work. We can make over
    150,000 lbs of chocolate in 8 hours. 3 Musketeers originally was a 3 piece bar with vanilla, chocolate,
    and strawberry centers which explains the name. Snickers was named after a Mars family horse. M&M
    stands for Mars and Murray who invented it. Before refrigeration was common, M&Ms allowed chocolate
    to be consumed in summer when it would otherwise just melt.

"The best candy on Earth comes from Mars".

#180 5 years ago

I like beer

#181 5 years ago

It's obvious

#182 5 years ago

I’m an electronics guy. It’s a bit of an inside electronics joke. When you blow up a component you let the magic smoke out. The magic smoke is what makes the component function. My wife immediately thought it meant weed smoke.

#183 5 years ago

Self explanatory?

#184 5 years ago

Your ISP has an odd ping?

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from candyman:

I worked for the Mars candy company in Chicago for over 22 years. We make Snickers, Milky Way,
    3 Musketeers and Dove chocolate bars. Besides the candy bars, we make the milk chocolate for the candy
    for our own use as well as supplying it to other Mars plants for their candy production. I was a chocolate
    plant process operator until I retired. One of the quality tests is a taste test and I was regularly recertified
    to do so. I could eat all the candy and chocolate I wanted to while I was at work. We can make over
    150,000 lbs of chocolate in 8 hours. 3 Musketeers originally was a 3 piece bar with vanilla, chocolate,
    and strawberry centers which explains the name. Snickers was named after a Mars family horse. M&M
    stands for Mars and Murray who invented it. Before refrigeration was common, M&Ms allowed chocolate

Very awesome write up!

Cool to hear about the candy origins. I had NO idea about the 3 Musketeers!

#186 5 years ago

Mine is simple, just my last name.

#187 5 years ago

I have used the handle Chippe ever since I started on the internet. It's a shortening of my last name, and the nick name my friends always used when I was younger.

I signed up on so many websites and forums, and probably lost track. Several websites already had a user with the name Chippe, probably me, so I just tacked on the 01, and that handle is now what I always use.

My avatar is a photo of my youngest feline, Polly. I just melted at the look she gave me in that photo, so I used that.

#188 5 years ago

Fisherman first, pinballer second. First callout you hear when you push the start button on Fish Tales.

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Your ISP has an odd ping?

I guess it's not that obvious then.
    I have pins,I play like a Pin God on them

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I guess it's not that obvious then.
    I have pins,I play like a Pin God on them

I was just funning of course

#191 5 years ago

I am a mold remediation contractor

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from FunGuy:

I am a mold remediation contractor

My fav so far

#193 5 years ago

Well, even though I am red-headed and had a short fuse in my younger years, my name is not about throwing tamtrums in the traditional sense. It is, however, the name of the trick in wakeboarding for a heel side backflip. In 2000, I was working on this trick when my left binding came off and the board did a 360 with my right foot still in it. The result was a spiral fracture of the lower tibia, a spiral fracture of the upper fibula, and a pulmonary embolism nearly resulting in death.

Anyway, after getting home from the hospital and lying around for days, I started playing online Yahoo games (mainly Spades). I needed a screen name, and “Mr. Tantrum” came to mind as homage to this time in my life.

#194 5 years ago

I owned a few Plymouth Prowlers back in the early 2000's. Have been collecting and had about 5 Lotus's since 2010 but Lotusman justs doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus everyone knows me as prowlerman

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from candyman:

I work for the railroad that services the Mars candy factory. You guys used to give the guys that worked the job a huge bag of candy about once a month. That fresh candy was by far the best I've ever had.

#196 5 years ago

I use my real name

90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    #197 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, even though I am red-headed and had a short fuse in my younger years, my name is not about throwing tamtrums in the traditional sense. It is, however, the name of the trick in wakeboarding for a heel side backflip. In 2000, I was working on this trick when my left binding came off and the board did a 360 with my right foot still in it. The result was a spiral fracture of the lower tibia, a spiral fracture of the upper fibula, and a pulmonary embolism nearly resulting in death.
    Anyway, after getting home from the hospital and lying around for days, I started playing online Yahoo games (mainly Spades). I needed a screen name, and “Mr. Tantrum” came to mind as homage to this time in my life.

Wow! You are lucky to be alive, not to mention have a leg! What prison did you learn to play Spades at?

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I use my real name [quoted image]

Did we navigate our way off the runway once upon a time?

#199 5 years ago

My name is Pete and i like pinball

#200 5 years ago

My name is DaveH in both Pinball and real life because my mom named me that.

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-splain-your-username/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.