Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    1804931 (resized).jpg
    d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    FYBOB (resized).jpeg
    70-way_src (resized).jpg
    Mommy (resized).jpg
    Cruiser (resized).jpg
    PB010537 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    img001 (resized).jpg
    spresion (resized).jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago

My first car.

FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    #102 5 years ago

I like hoppy beers. A hopback is used to add fresh hop aroma to wort as it is run from boil kettle to fermenter. And my favorite arcade games growing up were the Pac-Man games.
    So combine Hopback with Pac-Man

#103 5 years ago

Mine has dual meaning.
    I buy and sell coins for a living and this is a user name I’ve used on coin forums for some time. Seemed natural to use it on pinball and arcade forums as it reads like a play on coindoor.

#104 5 years ago

That what Dad used to call me as a kid.

#105 5 years ago

I’m the youngest in my family by a lot and I was always able to talk my dad into letting us do crazy things. My siblings started calling me weasel out of jealousy but it became a term of endearment. When I went to get my first email account, weasel was already taken, so I became DaWezl. 35 years or so later, and I’m called “Weez” “Weasel” “DaWeez” or other variations almost as much as I get called by my first name.

#106 5 years ago

Indybru is what I use on the snowmobile forum.

Indy stands for names of Polaris snowmobiles back in the late 90's that I owned. Indy 500, Indy trail, Indy Trail touring.
    Bru is short for my name Bruce.

Side note now I own Ski Doo snowmobiles, but a Indy 500 pinball.

#107 5 years ago

I was the 98th person with the last name Brennan to attend Michigan State. They abbreviated the last name so everyone had the same number of characters in their email address.

#108 5 years ago

Simply a mash up of Time-Lord and Ass-Bandit.

#109 5 years ago

My friend used to mess up my last name when he was drunk and landed on this one. He passed away Christmas Eve 2010

#110 5 years ago

Back in the C64 days of dialup BBS action I had the handle SpaceAce as I really loved the arcade game back in the day. Eventually I got tired of people asking me if I was a fan of Kiss (I did not even know that was one of the band members names) so I changed it to TheHammerGod since I was a fan of Thor. When online services like Xbox Live started TheHammerGod was taken quickly by other people so I wanted something unique so I used a nickname my friend called me. He would add 'esamo" to the end of friends first names so he would say Jim-esamo, Tom-esamo and Matt-esamo. I dropped the second T so make it look better and have used it ever since.

#111 5 years ago

Bonzo for my favorite drummer John Bonham and 442 for my favorite car growing up, aka the cutlass kid back in the day

#112 5 years ago

My name comes from way back in the day of all of us having CB units in our cars! Hawkmoon was my handle, and is a hero from the paperback books of:Chronicles of Castle Brass:He was the main good guy that was always there,never seen or heard,hard core bad-ass!A volcano when harried by foes,swift in judgement of evil,untouched by blade,spear,or corruption!There is no avatar for the elusive Hawkmoon! He moves unseen,unheard,invisible in plain sight! If you scoff,just ask any body thats been to PAGG,CAX.or,GSPF in Lodi,like Aurich,no one knew I was there:)Peace!!!!

#113 5 years ago

I had a beautiful German Shepherd named Soda. She had lots of energy and jumped around like she was on crack most of the time. Years ago when I was creating a username for another forum she was jumping around next to me and I used Sodacrack for the username. I have been using it for usernames since.

#114 5 years ago

Mine comes from the movie Airplane!. Every time we hear the name Roger, we always say "Roger Roger". And Roger is not my real name.

#115 5 years ago

Cause it's what my parents named me better than 63 years ago.

#116 5 years ago

Super High-End Pinball Restoration Dude.... (not for hire )

#117 5 years ago

its my last name and I'm the man...

#118 5 years ago

I simply just had drunk too much Dark Rum the night I signed up here

#119 5 years ago

Got my original username banned a few years back one night. Believe there is a thread where I was very much asking the mods to ban me. Ended up coming back some time later and chose dung as a joke. Do love the people who point out my username as an insult though.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

My name comes from way back in the day of all of us having CB units in our cars! Hawkmoon was my handle, and is a hero from the paperback books of:Chronicles of Castle Brass:He was the main good guy that was always there,never seen or heard,hard core bad-ass!A volcano when harried by foes,swift in judgement of evil,untouched by blade,spear,or corruption!There is no avatar for the elusive Hawkmoon! He moves unseen,unheard,invisible in plain sight! If you scoff,just ask any body thats been to PAGG,CAX.or,GSPF in Lodi,like Aurich,no one knew I was there:)Peace!!!!

Watch out for those alligators on the road

#121 5 years ago

Back in the day, I ran an ASCII Express on my Apple II, and everyone had cool pseudonyms in the cracking scene. I chose mine that went along with my Electric Company ASCII Express. Back then I was chugging along at 300bps.

I sometimes wonder if anyone recognizes my avatar. But that's another thread...

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Got my original username banned a few years back one night

Did your old username start with a K by any chance?

#123 5 years ago

Alleycat is my callsign from my days as an Air Force pilot (play on my last name (Alicata) as well as my nights in the "alley" outside Incirlik AB, Turkey). I didn't want to be another Alleycatxx online and was living in Vegas, so....VegasAlleycat!

#124 5 years ago

PIN for pinball & BUM was my dogs name, so Pinbum it is.

#125 5 years ago

My username is stolen from that guy I see if I look in a mirror. Weird guy.

I actually don't remember my actual Pinside signup process or why I chose to go full vanity on it. If I had it to do over I'd probably go with one of my more absurd online monikers. Gornkleschnitzer comes to mind. (Source: Made up at random to test a nonsense generator on a web site.)

#126 5 years ago

Yara Snow (see picture)

shortened to Y Snow
    altered to WhySnow

fun because nobody seems to know if it is "Why Snow?" or "Wise Now"

I like words because I am dyslexic (in case you have not realized, I mess up typing lots of words... i often see them as correct spelling and brain and typin fingers dont link up; it is a weird thing but so am I)

PB010537 (resized).jpgPB010537 (resized).jpg
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

it is a weird thing but so am I)

For real?

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Really?

#129 5 years ago

I had to come up with a name to use on XBox Live. I thought about it for 15 seconds. Basically just means a lover of vector arcade games.

My avatar is a screenshot of my million point Star Castle (Vectrex) world record game - a score of zero with more than 10 ships in reserve.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Simply a mash up of Time-Lord and Ass-Bandit.

Good choice.. ass-lord !)

#131 5 years ago

While entering my own name on PlayStation network in 2007, I got denied over and over, so I entered “ scaffolding pipe” .. as that was in my window view while my roof was being replaced ..and offcourse got accepted right away.

#132 5 years ago

says 2 other adult males that collect and play pinball machines while also hanging out on an online pinball forum for a fun activity during the day, lol

#133 5 years ago

A combination of my first name, John, and my other hobby that takes all my money.......Toyota Land Cruisers.

Didn't like the sound of "johncruiser" so made it "johnnycruzr"

Currently own 3 Cruisers, at one time had 6.

Cruiser (resized).jpgCruiser (resized).jpg
    #134 5 years ago

That reminds me of Cheech & Chong Up In Smoke when they are messin with Sgt. Stedenko

#135 5 years ago

No one would pronounce my last name correctly, Cosner, so everyone just called me COZ. It’s been my name for the last 25 years, to all my nieces and nephews, I’m uncle coz

#136 5 years ago

It's been my online name since the dawn of "online". Based on the name of my Chow-Chow...may he rest in peace!! Never felt the need to change it or create a new one.

#137 5 years ago

So back in college at Pitt I was partying at our house with my girlfriend, a stunningly attractive girl Brandy that was attending a stewardess school downtown. Two of her friends show up (Amber & Tara), and pull the old “can we see your room?”

So all three of us go downstairs (my room was the entire basement), and next thing you know they ask my buddy Dave to leave, who sadly was sitting there by himself smoking a bong. After his dramatic exit, we indulged in a friendly game of cards, during which articles of clothing....well, the rest is history.

Although a true story, coming up with my username was not nearly as exciting:

Colson Derby III = colsond3

Tried to go with my PinballOwners.com handle edflipperhands, but for some reason here it wouldn’t let me.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

After meeting you in person I would never think the latter....

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Cause it's what my parents named me...

Hey! Same here! Well....not really. But it's a good thing they didn't or they would have been pissed when that dang pac game thing came out!

#140 5 years ago

Sorry misread

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Cause it's what my parents named me better than 63 years ago.

63? You don’t sound a day over 69 man.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did your old username start with a K by any chance?

Funny thing is I cannot remember what my old username on here was. I searched the ones I used to use back in the day, but doesn't pull anything up. To answer your question, no I have never used one starting with a K.

#143 5 years ago

Inspired by the song High Protein by the band PIG.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Funny thing is I cannot remember what my old username on here was.

Seems you showed up about the time brokedad split, but I have an overwhelming feeling he split for good, so that can't be.

I really like the name "dung" as it reminds me of reading old Mad magazines and Bandini mountain.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

To answer your question, no I have never used one starting with a K.

I think he was making a joke, and referring to “that person of whom we do not speak.”

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

“that person of whom we do not speak.”

"unless you are a member of the pinside staff hanging out with him at a pinball festival, of course"

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"unless you are a member of the pinside staff hanging out with him at a pinball festival, of course"

Hahahahahahahaha...Odiner. Always keepin it real.

But he brought his Magic Girl so everybody could play it…oh wait, it’s an unplayable game.

#148 5 years ago

It was in Texas and that thread vanished like a fart in the wind after some clown posted a picture of those brokeback cowboys.

#149 5 years ago

I used to be a full time skydiver. Sky plus Rex which is Latin for King. So skyrex is sky king

#150 5 years ago

My last name is Heckendorn. But when I signed up for my first dot com in 2004 the much short "benheck.com" was available.

Now everyone thinks that's my name.

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-splain-your-username/page/3?hl=gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.