Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD86239-1B1A-4CF1-9D71-D6F0277FC551 (resized).jpeg
    big_1499194538_image (resized).jpg
    1804931 (resized).jpg
    d372e5ab0bcdadd7e87d25f214584a33 (resized).jpg
    90714CB1-8631-4199-AA62-759F1BC27532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1948 copy (resized).JPG
    FYBOB (resized).jpeg
    70-way_src (resized).jpg
    Mommy (resized).jpg
    Cruiser (resized).jpg
    PB010537 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534141607016 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    img001 (resized).jpg
    spresion (resized).jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

The first letter of each member of my family.
    B-brent
    A-Anisa
    J-Jadon
    M-Morgan
    Not very creative but works.

You know how some people do that thing where they name their house? My grandfather did that with the first two letters of everyone’s name..
    JOTHTOROCACH
    Funny old guy. I miss him.

#52 5 years ago

Anyone else keep reading this thread title in a Ricky Ricardo voice?
    spresion (resized).jpgspresion (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck - high school nickname (long story.... my names erik)
    Wurt- my last names Wurtenberger
    This is the username I picked for the first time I logged onto AIM back in the early 2000s. Used it for everything online ever since.

That’s so funny. Mine was my AIM name too. I have used it ever since. John Mountjoy= jmountjoy.

#54 5 years ago

I use to play mostly Glacius in Killer Instinct on super nintendo in the 90s. The name is a melding of Glacius and my high school nickname.

#55 5 years ago

The name of my boat. “MsWhat?” 2007 Super Air Nautique 220

#56 5 years ago

I use to be a Young guy (18-23) that collected Old Pins (1930s),
    I am now an old guy that collects new pins! F'd up!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

It's the name of the fast-food chain that I patronize. Even Krusty himself (CEO / Owner) says "It's not just good, it's good enough". Not to mention, Krustyburger's was the "official meat-flavored sandwich" of the 1984 Summer Olympics.
    [quoted image]

I'll take a Krusty-Partially-Gelatinated-Non-Dairy-Gum-Based-Beverage please.

My name is Grant. In 6th grade my friend's brother saw me drinking a Fruitopia and started calling me Grantopia the rest of the night. It has been my username for everything ever since. Coincidentally, add me on xbox live if you want to talk pins and grind Destiny 2...

#58 5 years ago

In High school a couple of burnout friends would call me Smuz instead of my last name Sommers. I worked at Williams Pinball from 1989 - 1999, hence the Will and the 8999.

#59 5 years ago

No need to. Here's 2 more, all 3 were taken minutes apart in 1989.

img001 (resized).jpgimg001 (resized).jpg

Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpgMustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg
    #60 5 years ago

I had to make mine simple so I don't forget it. What's my name again?

#61 5 years ago

I'm a US Army brat born of a German mother and grew up in Germany, then came to the US to go to school at Auburn University....

#62 5 years ago

First initial and last name. Have no idea why I put the five there. Nothing special.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I had to make mine simple so I don't forget it. What's my name again?

Im sure it's Travis H.

But damned if I can ever say it in my head anything other than "Trav-Ish"

#64 5 years ago

I’m a doctor (not a physician), and the rest is my initials.

#65 5 years ago

I used to play in Foosball leagues back in the 90's. Average B player, however every now and then I would play really, really good. (You know them nights when you just can't lose.) My team partner used to always say "here comes the mojo" when I was beating everyone. Eventually everyone in the league started calling me Mojo. When I started getting into arcade forms I just through the arcade in front to make an unique name. Been using the same name ever since. Avatar is of my cat that liked to set on top of my pinball machines.

#66 5 years ago

For the last ten years or so, I was very much into collecting retro videogames. Before it got super popular, I was always able to find tons of games and systems at garage sales, thrift stores, etc.
    At the height of my collecting I had around 30 different systems and about 3000 games.
    My favourite systems are the n64 and ps1, as their lifespan was during my teenage years. At one point I had a copy of every n64 game released in North America, as well as a few Japanese exclusives. So that’s why I went with sixtyfourbits.

#67 5 years ago

It's US Navy speak for "base model" or beta version. Lets say the navy buys a new boat. That first one will be the Mark 1, Modifications 0. If we added some aftermarket gun mounts it would be the Mark 1 Mod 1. New engines? Mark 1 Mod 2, etc. Lets say we'll order the next batch from the factory with the gun mounts and better engine from the factory. Now those would be the Mark 2 Mod 0. Get it? So that's me. Base model. What you see is what you get. Meat, cheese, bacon and bun. Everything else is just condiments...

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mine started as a joke from about 1975 using my video game initials.
    LTG : )

First time you posted on a help question I had, I didn't see your username and I thought you were telling me to "Learn to Google" at the bottom of the message.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

First time you posted on a help question I had, I didn't see your username and I thought you were telling me to "Learn to Google" at the bottom of the message.

I am sorry for that. It predates Google. But some people think I'm telling them that. Some have gotten down right mad about it too.

I better write Google and tell them to change their name.

LTC : )

#70 5 years ago

My name is Eric but everyone used to call me Erico...crazy, right?? The “201” was my number when I used to be skinny and raced Motocross.
    erico201 has been my username on everything since I opened my first Yahoo! account in 1996.

#71 5 years ago

I got mine from a trade show I attended. The company was cyroute plastics I dont think they exist anymore this was way back in the early 90's used their name ever since as a username for all forums.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

I don’t like my first name,

What the hell is wrong with Kermit??

#73 5 years ago

Quoted from LTG:I am sorry for that. It predates Google. But some people think I'm telling them that. Some have gotten down right mad about it too.
    I better write Google and tell them to change their name.
    LTC : )

And I read it as "laughing to Group" for a good chunk of time........probably until I saw 'ask Lloyd' stuff

#74 5 years ago

I played hockey.

#75 5 years ago

"My username makes baby jesus cry"

#76 5 years ago

I was on a date w an attractive Chinese girl in ‘97..we were cruising in my ‘77 chev truck heading down the 10 towards Palm Springs and....it’s also my poker name..

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And I read it as "laughing to Group" for a good chunk of time........probably until I saw 'ask Lloyd' stuff

I miss the old threads on RGP when people were guessing what it meant.

Explanation about 3/4ths of the way down this article : http://www.pinballnews.com/news/lloyd50k.html

#78 5 years ago

One of my favorite guitar players is King Crimson founder Robert Fripp. He created a method of "soundscape design" I guess you could call it named "Frippertronics". Always loved that word and used it on a couple other sites over the years. My avatar is a picture of a young Robert Fripp, not me (I'm about 150 pounds heavier at least)

#79 5 years ago

This hobby is more than just a hobby, more than just a sickness it is an addiction!

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I miss the old threads on RGP when people were guessing what it meant.
    Explanation about 3/4ths of the way down this article : http://www.pinballnews.com/news/lloyd50k.html

That was a lot of fun back then on RGP.....when is the next Launch The Geese party??? Never got to attend one, but did always enjoy the visits to your place while up in MN for work meetings.....

#81 5 years ago

This is actually the name of a cat I had years ago. I named the cat after watching an Upright Citizens Brigade sketch while very inebriated.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

when is the next Launch The Geese party???

They turned into the Pinball Circus, which is on hiatus. Will return someday. No immediate plans right now.

#83 5 years ago

In homage and respect to the wonderful world of pins, videogames, and jukeboxes everywhere ...
    and for the endless hours of joy and happiness they have given countless people over so many years.

#84 5 years ago

One of several reasons.

FB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1534128957260 (resized).jpg
    #85 5 years ago

Mine is combo from a band and my german heritage. I also own a VW TDI and love DAS Octoberfest lol Disclaimer October Fest for pinball is a bad idea lol Now back to drinking

#86 5 years ago

POW!
    The Black Knight has spoken.
    I've always appreciated his brevity but now even moreso. You can tell that's a back piece before back pieces were cool. B'dass.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

One of several reasons.
    [quoted image]

Is that REALLY real?!!!!
    If so, That's AWESOME Mr. Knight!!!!

#88 5 years ago

My nickname worked for me well when back in the day I was one of the largest distributors of lsd for those tuning in and playing along.

#89 5 years ago

Basically my last name and the number of people in my family. Since my last kid was born in 1997 it's been my user name for 21 years...even back in the AOL days.

#90 5 years ago

For me, I moved to Egypt in 1998 for a job. Previously, I hadn't set up an email account but needed one so I could stay in contact with friends back in the states. In those days, you could only have up to 8 characters for a user name. I was trying to find something that would describe where we were. I co-opted the Toys R Us name into Egypt R Us. It was a literal description of where my family was at the time. I've used it ever since.

Dave

#91 5 years ago

Honestly, I'd like to change mine. When I signed up, I had a question, looking for help. I had no idea I'd stick around.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

My nickname worked for me well when back in the day I was one of the largest distributors of lsd for those tuning in and playing along.

Never knew you were a pinball distributor! What game is lsd an abbreviation for?

#93 5 years ago

A guy was next to me,while I played AFM, bragging about how he had the high score on Scared Stiff. Well I had every high score at that point, and I always use my first name Ian as my initials. He looked at the high scores and said “Ian? Ian Who? I thought it was funny so I used it.

#94 5 years ago

I am old, can't spell proper and I walked on the moon
    my acronym BBB stands for Back Box Bandit

#95 5 years ago

My last name....and nickname forever.....

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

One of several reasons.
    [quoted image]

Holy fak.....that took some time.......

#97 5 years ago

mine is my first car

#98 5 years ago

When I was a sophomore in college I joined my school's Society of Manufacturing Engineers club and one day one of the older club members, Rick, who sort of ran the show at the time started affectionately calling people who weren't being productive "Slapdick Jameson." I was one of the SD_Jamesons so I just sorta went with it on here as an inside joke to myself but now the cat's out of the bag. Obviously the name is edited for content.

#99 5 years ago

My handle came from a piano bar player singing "Yellowbird" on my wife and my honeymoon some 25 years ago. Figured I should remember that day so it became my handle since the day we returned.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is that REALLY real?!!!!

Yes, it is real. Roughly the same size as the game backglass without script. Work was completed after return from my fourth combat tour.

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-splain-your-username/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.