Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

202-1.jpg
    201-1.jpg
    198-1.jpg
    197-1.jpg
    195-1.jpg
    164-1.jpg
    162-1.jpg
    165-1.jpg
    163-1.jpg
    160-1.jpg
    159-1.jpg
    158-1.jpg
    156-1.jpg
    157-1.jpg
    155-1.jpg
    154-1.jpg
    There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 years ago

If they don't let you look in them, it's more an episode of Storage Wars

#152 9 years ago

I am sure you will be able to check them out very thoroughly. If not... well... make sure you dont bid as much. Haha.

I will get more details on this for sure.

#153 9 years ago

I for one want to thanks FUN! for bringing all the games and supporting the TPF at such a high level again this year.

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I've never been allowed to do this at a game auction I've attended.

If he wants more money, he should allow it, at least for a period.

True story, the auctions that used to be around here they never let you open them up and would bark at you if you tried. They said just plug them in, that's all you could do. One time, they had three machines wrapped up they brought in - a Baywatch, a SMBMW and a FH. They got to them and they said that they all worked and were complete, really, from an operator down south, they just didn't have legs, and they couldn't set them up. They also said that they were going to just sell them at whatever price they got.

I got the SMBMW for $425 after fees. BW sold for $350ish after fees, FH (one of the best I've seen) for $750ish. I know all three people that got them.

ALL THREE you set up and they worked. So many people were positive that they would have no boards and be in complete crap condition, so they didn't bid any higher than what a non-working game with no boards would be. We all got stupid lucky.

If he really isn't bidding on them, he should be as forthcoming as possible with parts (unless they basically have none) if he wants to get the most for them. Anything else and everyone will think they have nothing.

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Even with no reserve, Texas law does not prevent the owner of a game from bidding on his own game. Now, I DO NOT know if steve does this or not, but I was personally assured that in regards to the project games, (which are being considered as a marketing expense for the auction), steve genuinely has no care in what they fetch: or not. Good or bad, he's indifferent.
    I really, really hope that no-one bids one the WCS because if it's decent I would bid $500-$750 on it and fix it up over time, for sure.
    The project games are the only ones likely to be in my meager budget, so I'll be bidding on several of them myself for sure.

If you need to consult texas law to back up why you won't let these games be sold in a real auction, I think you might as well not auction them off in the first place if its going to be a sham auction.

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

If you need to consult texas law to back up why you won't let these games be sold in a real auction, I think you might as well not auction them off in the first place if its going to be a sham auction.

This is a 100% real auction, a Pinside staff member verified on the previous page.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If he wants more money, he should allow it, at least for a period.

I agree, and so does Steve. I just got off the phone and here is the official word.

All of the project games will have complete documentation in photos for online bidders. Back box, under playfield, playfield shots, boards, wiring, etc. We will be as thorough as possible with these photos for the consideration of people not at TPF specifically.

For people attending TPF, any one of the project games is available for detailed inspection. While we cannot allow for the back-boxes and coin-doors to be unlocked and unattended during the show, we will happily open up any machine to a prospective bidder to check out before hands. Simply ask.

I hope that this satisfies everyone. I think that is about the best he can do, no?

Here are some initial pictures of the project games.

img_6235.jpgimg_6235.jpg

Complete game. Needs to be shopped out and it has acid damage on the mpu. The playfield is in nice condition. The backglass has touch up.

img_6231.jpgimg_6231.jpg

Complete game, mpu has no acid damage, playfield is good, back glass is average.

img_6239.jpgimg_6239.jpg

Sold as shown.

img_6243.jpgimg_6243.jpg

The items shown in the photos are included. It is missing the CPU board, driver board and the display.

img_6254.jpgimg_6254.jpg

Many more photos are to come of EVERY machine. Also, you can find the rest of the pictures and machines here by searching for "project".

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=90515

#158 9 years ago

HUGE NEWS! Online bidding IS NOW OPEN for the Pinball Auction! Get a leg up on the competition by bidding on the machine(s) you want NOW. At the live auction on Saturday the 28th, games will begin at whatever the highest bid is, if any. Who knows, your low bid may win, especially on the no reserve games! Good luck! https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=90515

#159 9 years ago

hmmm... the football arcade looks fun.
    wonder what the MM will go for at an auction?

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

hmmm... the football arcade looks fun.
    wonder what the MM will go for at an auction?

Put in a low bid. Does not cost you anything to take a swing.

#161 9 years ago

I contacted a guy in December for some info on the following 30 pins. I wanted to buy one issues and all but he went silent on me, now I know why, they are all in this auction.

When you see the following up for auction, expect shill bids galore to meet the sellers asking price, which if I recall is a minimum of $2000 + the fees now....

Big Bang Bar
    Blackwater 100
    Cactus Canyon
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Rocky
    Swords of Fury
    Torch
    TOTAN

Others for sale (in various condition):
    Asteroid Annie
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Capt Fantastic
    Champion Pub
    Dragon (Interflip '77)
    Farfalla
    Haunted House
    Hot Tip
    Joker Poker
    Joust
    Jungle Queen
    Kiss
    Lucky Seven
    Mars God of War
    Medusa
    Minstrel Man
    Panthera 2
    Paradise
    Pinball Champ
    Spectrum
    Spider Man
    Surf Champ

#162 9 years ago

Man just spent the last 8 hours hand coding and setting up the slides for the auction... PHEW. My hands are going to fall off, lol. These were designed for televisions, and they will be on rotation in the FUN area on various screens...

129-1.jpg129-1.jpg131-1.jpg131-1.jpg133-1.jpg133-1.jpg145-1.jpg145-1.jpg149-1.jpg149-1.jpg150-1.jpg150-1.jpg151-1.jpg151-1.jpg152-1.jpg152-1.jpg153-1.jpg153-1.jpg154-1.jpg154-1.jpg155-1.jpg155-1.jpg156-1.jpg156-1.jpg157-1.jpg157-1.jpg158-1.jpg158-1.jpg159-1.jpg159-1.jpg160-1.jpg160-1.jpg162-1.jpg162-1.jpg163-1.jpg163-1.jpg164-1.jpg164-1.jpg165-1.jpg165-1.jpg

#163 9 years ago

Few more sneak peeks.

// Error: Image 380457 not found //// Error: Image 380459 not found //// Error: Image 380460 not found //// Error: Image 380458 not found //// Error: Image 380461 not found //// Error: Image 380462 not found //

#164 9 years ago

Few more sneak peeks.

// Error: Image 380457 not found //197-1.jpg197-1.jpg198-1.jpg198-1.jpg// Error: Image 380458 not found //201-1.jpg201-1.jpg202-1.jpg202-1.jpg

#165 9 years ago

This the guy on Ebay with the insane prices?

#166 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This the guy on Ebay with then insane prices..yes?

Yes sir. You can't miss the black and white checkered floor in his pics.

#167 9 years ago

AUCTION BEGINS IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS!!!! If you are here at TPF you can register for a bidder number at our table in the hallway. If you are online and want to bid from home, click this link and get registered now! Last chance! https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=90515

#168 9 years ago

Two question. Back in the day of n00b, I once bought a player's machine from Steve on Ebay. Actually was pretty happy with my haul back then. Anyways, the shipping cost was great (like half of NAVL) and it arrived quickly and perfectly wrapped and palleted.

I don't see anywhere on the online auction how he plans to handle shipping. Online buyers are already getting jacked 15%, and it would be insane to have to pay some unreasonable shipping fee that's not pre-determined and have to figure out how to get it removed by Monday from location.

Secondly, how does the auction work with online bidders. Is someone updating the website in real-time with live bidders? Similarly, are live-bidders being updated in real-time with online bids?

#169 9 years ago

Once the auction starts all will be able to see live video and audio, and the proxibid website will be updated in real time.

Shipping, I'm not 100% so I will check.

#171 9 years ago

FWIW, the prices are not 100% accurate. I know that one item I bid and won on, doesn't match this URL. Instead the web page shows the next bump of what the auctioneer was trying to get. So, take the prices with a grain of salt .

#172 9 years ago

Curious on any online bidder updates on "final damages" including shipping. Jared never responded to my post, so too risky despite some GREAT looking games. Congrats to all the high bidders.

#173 9 years ago

They'll work on getting shipping quotes and calling people tomorrow. In my case not till Tuesday due to my flying home tomorrow. If nobody shares shipping info, I'll post Tuesday night with what I learn on mine.

#174 9 years ago

Although I've never seen the movie, the game play on TBL seems strong and well done. Line to TH was very long and only got to play it once. Seems like it will be a nice game with decent flow but so hard to tell by only playing one game and watching others play a few. Was glad to see some Zaccaria games there.
    Thanks to all who brought pins the vendors and those who run and prepare the many details to make this show great!!

#175 9 years ago

Where these games owned by FUN?

Someone told me they came from a local collector.

#176 9 years ago

some came from a local "collection"

#177 9 years ago

Gotcha thanks.

Prices were pretty high after you add 25%...imho

#178 9 years ago

I asked Fun to take my machine from the convention center; to prep it for shipping (including palleting); and to ship it to Santa Clara, California. Final quote: $289 all in for prep and ship.

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

Gotcha thanks.
    Prices were pretty high after you add 25%...imho

Prices were market. Like eBay, there were enough buyers to drive a higher price on a lot of stuff. Nobody paid more than they raised their hand for. Unless they suck at math and counting for the buyers premium and tax.

I *was* surprised at how high some of the stuff went for though. I was clearly confused on what the market did bear.

#180 9 years ago

Well over 25 games came from a collector from central Texas. I know this as i introduced both FUN and consignor to one another prior to the event. All of his machines sold to the highest bidder.

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Well over 25 games came from a collector from central Texas. I know this as i introduced both FUN and consignor to one another prior to the event. All of his machines sold to the highest bidder.

I regret not buying his Farfalla.

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Prices were market. Like eBay, there were enough buyers to drive a higher price on a lot of stuff. Nobody paid more than they raised their hand for. Unless they suck at math and counting for the buyers premium and tax.
    I *was* surprised at how high some of the stuff went for though. I was clearly confused on what the market did bear.

Thanks man. Good feedback.

#183 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I regret not buying his Farfalla.

My wife wanted it too, it was pretty, never seen a Zachariah before

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-pinball-auction-tpf-2015-positive-changes/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.