Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat_tomago.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

I couldn't play half the EM's I wanted to play that were up for auction. 50% or more of entire row of games FUN had on display were turned off. It was cool that they brought a Hobbit and a Big Bang Bar and a few MMs I give them some credit but it was sad when I ventured into that corner. Maybe next year this will change in the FUN area.

#43 9 years ago

I think TPF should charge people 60 dollars for each game that doesn't work. It would put an end to this F'in BS! It really irks me to see 50 machines turned off. They have 12 months to prepare for the show and it it seems like they spend 2-3 weeks getting ready instead. I don't care for any excuses or if the game is on consignment. If the game needs board work then don't bring it. Fix it then bring it. As I type this it makes me fuming mad inside.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Yeah. It only takes one power surge or low voltage on an outlet to fry a board. No matter how well you maintain your game. I would just pack my shit and walk out if someone tried to fine me 60 bucks after lugging my machine(s) over 300 miles to let everyone play for free all weekend. Not every machine that has problems is due to poor ownership.

Let me make myself more clear. I am talking about FUN mainly and the few idiots that bring a busted up machine that is worthless just to get someone in for free. I understand power surges. I am talking about games that are off on purpose in a bad way. I meant no disrespect to the 100's of people like yourself that bring your games for others to enjoy.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Yeah, but you cannot treat some people one way and others another. There's just no way to be consistent or fair about it unless everyone is under the same rules.
    To clarify, I didn't take you as being disrespectful. I was just saying that I wouldn't bring games if there was a chance I could get fined should it go down. I do understand your frustration, though. We have to remember though, that almost all the games were brought by hobbyists to share for our amazing TPF and not everyone is a great tech.
    I know fun had a lot of no working items they brought for auction. I was under the assumption they were put on the floor for people to look over, so a convenience thing. I think Funs auction is crap and a waste of time and I also believe they have absurdly high prices on dirty and/or poorly maintained games, but I understand that they at least attempted to have them all running last year, ther had some that they never turned on. So I'll give them a minor improvement over last year, which still isn't great.

So I guess we agree to agree that we agree about the fact that I agree with everything you posted just now.

#54 9 years ago

So what was the count 400 pins? There was more like 275-300 pins working. I hope this chanages next year as a whole. Of the 6 years I have attended TPF this show had the most pins turned off than any other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat_tomago.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-pinball-auction-tpf-2015-feedback-thread?tu=rat_tomago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.