Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Farfalla was not playable, but was out on the floor. Talked to the guy that bought it..sure hope he can ressurect it. Playfield and backglass looked pretty decent. :\

Not mine, but I'm working on it. Zaccaria playfields clean up very nicely and without much effort.
    Neon works. Power supply has 2 fuse holders with corrosion so I'll have to change the fuse holders.
    MPU is not booting up and I see someone did some acid damage repair and added a wire to replace a trace that was eaten up. I'm hoping to find another damaged trace and get it working soon.DSC00842.JPGDSC00842.JPGDSC00843.JPGDSC00843.JPGDSC00844.JPGDSC00844.JPGDSC00845.JPGDSC00845.JPG

#63 9 years ago

Farfalla and Amazing Spiderman were on the floor (near TBL) and did not boot. I don't see how these were brought as working games. These were part of the Fun Auction.

Seems to me any 'functional games' that Fun brings, they should have at least two people on site to keep them going. Afterall, they were supposedly supplying 70+ working games.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

There is no two people, there is only one. Perhaps this can be addressed in 2016.

To me, Fun took on these machines, I would expect the minor issues (dead flipper, ball hangups, etc.) to be fixed during the show (with Fun employees, not by the show volunteers). If a machine went down and no longer booted up, I would not expect anyone to spend much time on these type of issues.

Swords of Fury for example did not have any of the displays working. The game was unlocked. I looked it over and reseated the MPU ribbon cable and then the displays worked for the remainder of the weekend. That was a one minute fix.

Simple fixes are all I asking. More machines likely would have sold if they are kept up during the show.

Quoted from Jared:

Both of those games were consignments, and not owned by FUN, therefore resources could not be dedicated to it by FUN to get the games working. They were also not projects... they were... in between. They were on the show floor so those that may have been interested could see them as they were and make a bid based on that interaction.

I was not asking for these (Amazing Spiderman and Farfalla) to be fixed for/during the show. Since these two did not boot up, they are considered projects. I would have expected these to be with the other project games. Farfalla board cables were completely disconnected. There are still problems beyond just connecting the wires up as well. No, I would not had expected Fun to get these working...as these (Amazing Spiderman and Farfalla) were and are still project games.

Quoted from Jared:

Did you bid in the auction?

Yes!! I bidded on 6 games including the Swords of Fury that went for $1400. Highly likely that it would not had gone that high if the displays were not working.

I think there are many people that expect to take a working machine home when they are paying good money for a "working" game at an auction. I bet there were even several bidders that are do not repair their own games who are expecting it to be a working game when they have it shipped or take it home with them at the end of the show.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Eliminate the auction: you lose the games. Lose the games: attendance drops.

With all the "working" FUN games, how many went down and stayed down? That subtracts from the game list.

How many were projects (including Farfalla and Amazing Spiderman) that were on the game list? These cannot be counted if they were not even playable!!

#75 9 years ago

I wouldn't say 100%, as things will happen even moving the games to the show.
    But if it cannot spit out a ball to the shooter lane and be playable, then it is a project.

#76 9 years ago

I sure miss FUN having a booth where they just sold working games at the show straight from their showroom. Back then, they would fix the minor issues that pop up during the show.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I do not disagree with you that a big improvement next year would be to have 100% of the games that are not 100% in a separate room. Thats more than fair.

Well, I didn't know about the separate room until 5 minutes before the auction started. There needs to be a huge sign outside of the separate room(s) for ones just on display. It didn't draw my attention at all. I just happen to look into the room as I saw someone exit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-pinball-auction-tpf-2015-feedback-thread?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.