Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

I think your list covers any suggestions I would have as well. I would say that "project" is a generous word for some of those machines. More like parts machines.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Well, regardless, each of those were free for inspection for 2 days up front and people were free to bid whatever they wished. There is no negative of them, is there?

Yes, and I am glad I looked at them in person. I pity any internet buyers that got one if they did. All but one was missing the boards I think and several of them had a ton of water damage that wasn't really noticeable in the pics. That is the risk you take bidding online though. Not saying that they weren't appreciated being part of the auction, just more a comment on the word project

One other suggestion is that the auctioneer stop trying to talk up the machines as it really shows how little he appears to know about the machines. Most of the people in attendance know their stuff. Just start the bidding and get it done.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

yup.
    i heard that several times & had a pin for sale on the floor.

Ya our group had 5 machines for sale and 4 of them weren't sold until after the auction, which was fine as it actually helped as people saw what some of those dirty, partially working machines were going for and it made ours look like a better deal.

I think Fun! would sell a lot more games if they just took the time to at least clean the machines, some of those things were filthy.

#24 9 years ago

I was there and they said 10% buyers premium plus tax. 13% for online bidders.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I agree but... I wonder how much time it would take 1 person to clean 75-100 games?
    I know I had my hands full for a while prepping 2 games for the show... but 100? Seems crazy.
    FUN only has a single pinball technician.
    The way they normally do it, is the games sit on their showroom floor in the condition seen at TPF, but when a buyer pays for one, they spend 2-5 days with the game in "make ready" getting shopped out, cleaned up and ready for home use. They do not deliver a game until its 100%... but they spend days prepping them sometimes. But that is for people who pay their in-store retail prices...
    I do not disagree... I only wonder how they may be able to do this.

I am not saying shop them out, just at least wipe the playfield down and the glass. That doesn't take that much time and they might actually sell a few more. I don't know but I always shake my head at businesses that work this way. I have gone to a lot of 'retailers' that work the same way and they just have dirty junk sitting on their showroom floor and say they will clean it if you buy it. All of the time there are 3 people just standing around talking or watching TV when they could be just cleaning 1 machine a day.

Dunno, I just know that nearly every single 'nice' condition, working clean machine that was for sale at the show sold.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-pinball-auction-tpf-2015-feedback-thread?tu=gov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.