Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrizg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 9 years ago

Auctions are not the best idea at big shows since it takes away sales from the floor as people drag their feet and wait for the auction to buy stuff. If the show has a swap meet, then project games will be in the auction rather than the swap. The buyers fees/tax just add cost to already expensive games and goes to a middle man. If you are in favor of the auction please explain why adding 15-20% onto the purchase is a good thing. If I go to a show, I am expecting to pay cash, no fees and definitely not paying sales tax.

If people want to bring games for sale then put them on the floor with a for sale tag. I think the TPF organizers need to get rid of the auction and if FUN! or whoever wants to have an auction then do it separate. I don't think the auction is a big draw for TPF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrizg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-pinball-auction-tpf-2015-feedback-thread?tu=chrizg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.