2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Drussksu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7496 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7495 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hi community. I have been working this problem out for a while. Even had a repairman over who currently has my schematics trying to figure this out. My Gottlieb Fun Land is getting occasionally stuck on scoring. The ten bell is stuck on and the scoring does not move. While playing if I hit a spinner. It goes back to normal operation. If I unplug the jones plug in the back box the buzzing also stops. I believe it is coming from the playfield. Anyone have any ideas of what the culprit could be? Some things I or others have done already:

1. cleaned score reals
    2. adjusted and cleaned switches in the back box
    3. cleaned and adjusted spinner plates.

Any Fun Land owners or anyone with Fun Land Schematics have any idea where the problem could be?

#2 2 years ago

You've got a switch locked up. Check this portion of the schematic. Pop bumpers also.

IMG_7495 (resized).jpgIMG_7496 (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

Unplugging the Jones plug doesn't tell you much as your fault could be either side of it. It sounds like theres a coil locked in because of a stuck switch. Turn the game off and unplug from the mains and then touch the coils with your finger to find the one that is obviously overheating and trace it back from there. If you dont have a schematic,the wires are colour coded so it shouldn't be too difficult. Also, have you done any other work to the machine, like replacing rubbers for instance? Very easy to have a new rubber jamming something closed. Good luck.

2 months later
    #4 2 years ago

Thanks Playdium cleaned and adjusted the contacts on that relay disc and the game is running great!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside