7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160908_202043 (resized).jpg
    20160908_202147 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hello!

I'm am brand spankin new here as a member but have roamed for a guest as a little while.

I picked up my first pin several months ago; a Gottlieb Fun Land that is in partially working condition. Anyways, making progress on it and doing lots of research here on steps to take (especially from Vids guides!). I have a question though. I noticed early on (was too stupid to notice it before I bought it) that my cabinet is wood grain rather than the white amusement flag look I see in reference images.

Do I have a demo game? Or is it a home version? And should I factor that into whether or not I buy the stencils for the side art? I assume several here have run into this.

Thanks so much for any information!

20160908_202147 (resized).jpg20160908_202147 (resized).jpg

20160908_202043 (resized).jpg20160908_202043 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Pictures please.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Pictures please.

Added! I don't think it is something special. I just want to know why. I'm also wondering if I have another games cab?

1 week later
    #4 7 years ago

Youre probably in the right cab the original art wS probably beat and after sanding it off someone spotted the grain underneth and stained and finished it. I paint cabs by trade and have seen several like this. When you repaint it back to original you'll need to really bust thru that poly clear coat and you'll probably use a bucket of BIN primer/stain block paint before you knock back all the brown. Good luck, oh I have tons of parts for that game as well.

#5 7 years ago

Just a "mod" by a previous owner, nothing factory-special about it. I've seen a lot of the stick-on woodgrain/formica, but is this one actually sanded and stained?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-land-restore-wood-grain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.