Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Old Kewpie Doll coin door interior (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2631 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PatrickATX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys,
I'm new to pinball and EM machines, but also a technical person, so I've started shopping a 1968 Gottlieb Fun Land that I traded for. It works, so I started taking apart everything at the door to cleanup etc. I'm at the coin mech, and would like to know the make/model used in my machine.

A couple things I'd like to understand.
1 - My coin chutes, after cleaning, block the coin unless I apply pressure to it to better align the chute with the face plate. This is a 10c and 25c machine, so it should work fine with us currency. Wondering if others have had slight alignment issues with these chutes. I unfortunately didn't test the coin slots before removing.

2 - How the coin return action is supposed to work? In one photo I'm pointing to the wire rocker that somehow unsticks the credit switch, but I'm not sure how it works with the push button return mechanics.

Thanks, and there will be many more questions!

IMG_2631 (resized).JPGIMG_2631 (resized).JPG

IMG_2633 (resized).JPGIMG_2633 (resized).JPG

IMG_2634 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Thank you much. Now just need to know how these coin mechs are supposed to work and who the maker is.

#6 6 years ago

Ah...so for someone like me who has never looked inside an EM until this one, can someone share a photo or link of what the coin mech would look like in a wedgehead like this one? Searching around on Google gives me clues, but nothing definitive.

#10 6 years ago

Makes sense. So much base knowledge I just don't have yet, so I gotta learn about the basics.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PatrickATX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-land-coin-mechanism-identification-needed?tu=PatrickATX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.