image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Thinking about getting this classic. Is it a keeper in a collection of 10 or more games?

#2 7 years ago

Without a doubt. Had one years ago and I regret selling it.
Great gameplay and fun to play.

#3 7 years ago

My wife will tell you "yes and it's all mine"
Me,...not so much but enjoy when I do play it.
You can always sell it later.
Mike

#4 7 years ago

A clean, fully working, and not faded FunHouse is a thing of beauty. Really a highlight to that soon to be over era leading into DMDs. The way Rudy watches the gameplay, the playfield art, the call outs, and the other toys/ramps/hidden doors make it a fun game to play, especially in a diverse 10 game collection.

#5 7 years ago

Let me add that all my other games are DMD games. Funhouse is the game I liked most from that era seems it was ahead of its time technology wise.

I hope Dutch does a fun house 2.0 that would be cool.

#6 7 years ago

Well, it is a WPC game; so not really from another era...although it does feel more like a sys11 game. BoP falls into the same 'it's a WPC???' category, mostly because they have an alpha-numeric display,

#7 7 years ago

Great game for sure, but there are no keepers in a 10 game collection.

#8 7 years ago

Funhouse is an absolute classic. Great theme beautifully executed. I don't think it's a top 10 game personally, but who cares... Bring it home, and enjoy it. You can likely move it for near what you paid. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in DP doing a 2.0

I think I agree with NO pin is a keeper in a 10 pin collection. My "keepers" are long gone!

#9 7 years ago

Ive had mine only a few months. I do think its a keeper, there's just something about it. Its not a hard game, but its a lot of fun...rudys great.

#10 7 years ago

With as creepy as Rudy is, hell no.

#11 7 years ago

Fh is fun as hell but the easy factor is off the charts. I felt like it needed a dmd and kinda misfit with other dmd games jst looked old lol but if you want something to fuel people's nightmares then it's perfect.

#12 7 years ago

"Quit playing with the clock!"

#13 7 years ago

Yes. Just because it is not a DMD game does not mean it isn't fun. But, if you never played it before, there is the chance you won't like it.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Yes. Just because it is not a DMD game does not mean it isn't fun. But, if you never played it before, there is the chance you won't like it.

I have played it many times. Did find it kind of easy but lots of fun. Any way to make it a harder game?

#15 7 years ago

It is a WPC game, but in reality it has a System 11 style ruleset. You will see everything the game has to off by the end of ball 3. That being said I miss mine and would love to restore one. It is a just one more kind of game. Easy to play and fun. Nice change of pace from the uber deep sterns that come out today.

#16 7 years ago

All machines are keepers until they're not.

#17 7 years ago

The funhouse is clearly not a keeper for me, sound is boring and not entertaining, gameplay is just average imo. I don't think it will keep your attention regarding your dmd collection.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

All machines are keepers until they're not.

You can keep one 10 years and Other one 1 week. In the last case, why not directly swap to the next?!

#19 7 years ago

in a small/med size collection, who plays all their games every time? I may not turn on Funhouse for a couple months, but when I do, very enjoyable. So, it's a keeper and timeless.

#20 7 years ago

It's only a keeper if your wife is not creeped out by the talking head!

#21 7 years ago

I love FH, too but my problem is cost. You can get a lot of great, deeper games at the price of a nice FH. FH would probably work better in a big collection.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

in a small/med size collection, who plays all their games every time? I may not turn on Funhouse for a couple months, but when I do, very enjoyable. So, it's a keeper and timeless.

I do whenever possible. It is my big knock against lotr because it takes longer than all the other machines combined. If anything I end up skipping my lotr and playing everything else when time is short.

#23 7 years ago

Its a keeper for me, I find it a fun pin and challenging have both early SS and DMD pins, but funhouse will never leave, its a classic and
I never can play just one game on it, Rudy pisses me off and I come back for more, my wife thinks Rudy is creepy though, Got a nice Mirco playfield stored away for mine

#24 7 years ago

Getting the ball in rudys mouth is a lot harder than it looks off the upper left flipper. i usually get it in there off a deflection.

Not to go off topic, whirlwind has a similar feel as funhouse, but its a much much tougher game.

#25 7 years ago

Yes Yes and Yes.Thats why I have 2

#26 7 years ago

Not for me, the talking head gives me the creeps

#27 7 years ago

How much is a CQ looks brand new HUO fun house worth?

#28 7 years ago

I never thought I would get rid of Rudy. Then metallica came along.... I still miss Funhouse and will probably pick one up when a good deal comes along. Great game. "You're making me very unhappy!"

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How much is a CQ looks brand new HUO fun house worth?

Probably 5k minimum.

#30 7 years ago

love rudy and the artwork/theme. rest of the game though... no

#31 7 years ago

Wow, I must suck to the max is FH is easy. Jackpot shot is no slam dunk for me. My wife's comment: "Who wouldn't want the disembodied head of a possessed ventriloquist's dummy in their basement, taunting them?" Rudy is not going anywhere.

I really agree with the comments made about ball times- newer Sterns can suck up too much time, I like a game that can kick my ass in a few minutes. Firepower is the champion of that.

Don C.

#32 7 years ago

Looked at a real nice one last night he wants $4600. He said it was an original CQ HUO. Question is how do I know it's an original and not a new PF? Is it worth the money he is asking?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

Is there Mylar all over it? I thought they all came with mylar from the factory. If no mylar, I'd suspect new pf. Not sure about this though.

That said, a FH with a new pf installed is worth 4600.

#35 7 years ago

Some did come with a diamond plate playfield. Either way, $4600 for a really nice FH is legit.

#36 7 years ago

Get a whirlwind instead. Much better system 11 in a small collection and much harder.

#37 7 years ago

I believe it's a staple in a collection. I'm bias because of the nostalgia, but at my pinball parties....people seem to keep coming back to Funhouse.....it's addictive to be Rudy's friend...then piss him off.....

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have played it many times. Did find it kind of easy but lots of fun. Any way to make it a harder game?

Yes. Play mine.

After I did the restoration, with all new rubbers on it and a new playfield, it's faster than hell and really unforgiving. Add to that the fact that there's no ball save, and it's a game you'll be cursing at all night. And Rudy? I hate that little f**ker.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Looked at a real nice one last night he wants $4600. He said it was an original CQ HUO. Question is how do I know it's an original and not a new PF? Is it worth the money he is asking?

IMO, it doesn't matter if that's an original HUO or not (I'm suspecting not). A fully restored one would be worth far north of 5k - perhaps even 6k. An HEP is worth more than that. I'd buy that game in a heartbeat for $4600.

#40 7 years ago

funhouse is classic awesomeness that is pat lawlor williams pinball. One of the best wpc games ever made. Its only a keeper if you like it. Listen to noone and play it yourself and find out.

I have one and it was the third game I bought when I started collecting 20 years ago and its never leaving.

Love or hate rudy...its a dose of awesome sauce that is classic williams pinball.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Id say it's a restored pin due to playfield and later style coindoor .

#42 7 years ago

My friends were pissed at me for selling funhouse.

#43 7 years ago

Fun House is a very very hard to find title and there is no record of how many were made, let alone how many are left. In fact I have been looking for years. I think I have only seen mention of one since I have been a member here.

I would snatch one up in a heartbeat, if I could ever find one.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fun House is a very very hard to find title and there is no record of how many were made, let alone how many are left. In fact I have been looking for years. I think I have only seen mention of one since I have been a member here.
I would snatch one up in a heartbeat, if I could ever find one.

For those of you confused by Odie's post, he's talking about the Fun House EM, not the one in this thread. He's so cute I could just eat him up.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My friends were pissed at me for selling funhouse.

No, YOU were pissed at you for letting your wife make you sell it. We didn't give a shit.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

he's talking about the Fun House EM, not the one in this thread.

Wrong! I am talking about Fun House as there is only one. And that is what the OP originally inquired about.

#47 7 years ago

Creepy...sorry. Too many more nice pins out there.

#48 7 years ago

Fun House is a woodrail.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Fun House is a woodrail.

Indeed.

967f1_(resized).jpg967f1_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I could just eat him up.

Like you need the calories. lol.

24735764_(resized).jpg24735764_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
PinSound

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-houseis-it-a-keeper/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.