Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I recently purchased a "shopped" funhouse. For the most part play itself is fine there are 2 switch issues (ramp and trap door that need addressing I say that just for general info)
But when I open the coin door the screen kept cycling through as if buttons were being pressed. it would change slightly depending on how far the door was open, but it just keep beeping. I checked to see no buttons are stuck and they are all clear, no loose wires either.it wouldn't let stay on any tests or menu item..
I unplugged the pin cable that goes from the door to the board, wiped it with isopropyl and plugged in.
at this point the volume buttons are the only ones that work, there is a beep from the esc button and it says free play but thats it the test button does nothing no noise when pressed.
and during the game the screen will say open coin door to use buttons while play continues. Does this sound like it needs a new coin door mech?
its on warranty for 30 days so I want to get it fixed while its covered

#2 5 years ago

It could be a bad switch on the coin door or a problem on the MPU. I had one where it'd just always max the volume, was a bad resistor on the MPU due to acid damage

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I recently purchased a "shopped" funhouse. For the most part play itself is fine there are 2 switch issues (ramp and trap door that need addressing I say that just for general info)
But when I open the coin door the screen kept cycling through as if buttons were being pressed. it would change slightly depending on how far the door was open, but it just keep beeping. I checked to see no buttons are stuck and they are all clear, no loose wires either.it wouldn't let stay on any tests or menu item..
I unplugged the pin cable that goes from the door to the board, wiped it with isopropyl and plugged in.
at this point the volume buttons are the only ones that work, there is a beep from the esc button and it says free play but thats it the test button does nothing no noise when pressed.
and during the game the screen will say open coin door to use buttons while play continues. Does this sound like it needs a new coin door mech?
its on warranty for 30 days so I want to get it fixed while its covered

If you have a warranty, I would make the seller fix it; assuming you bought from Sean Casey since you’re in the Bay and you mention a warranty.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

during the game the screen will say open coin door to use buttons while play continues. Does this sound like it needs a new coin door mech?

Sounds like you need to bend the flap that closes the memory protect switch on the left side of the coin door right inside the cabinet.

Quoted from topkat:

I checked to see no buttons are stuck and they are all clear,

Check your CPU for battery damage. Then shorted wires in the coin door harness, you may not see them if broken and shorted inside the casing.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like you need to bend the flap that closes the memory protect switch on the left side of the coin door right inside the cabinet.

Wouldn't that switch being open result in the malfunctioning buttons doing things during the game, not the warning?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wouldn't that switch being open result in the malfunctioning buttons doing things during the game, not the warning?

No idea. You may have multiple issues. I'd start eliminating things.

LTG : )

1 week later
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

If you have a warranty, I would make the seller fix it; assuming you bought from Sean Casey since you’re in the Bay and you mention a warranty.

Certainly call me if you purchased it from me, but the last Funhouse I sold was in 2015 and would be out of warranty at this point. I still offer below market cost on repairs for machines I sell that are out of warranty.

Sean

#8 5 years ago

it was not you Sean..thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-test-button-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.