Fun house problem

By kurtackerman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The tunnel kick out is not working. Coil is good all wires look fine. Can I ground it to make it work?

#2 10 years ago

Before you do that, is the switch working?

#3 10 years ago

The switch activates it. It is associated with q76. It does everything but fire the coil.

#4 10 years ago

How do you know the coil is fine? Just because a coil looks okay, doesn't mean it doesnt have a broken wire. Does it fire in test mode? What exactly have you done so far in regards to testing? More specifics you provide the quicker we/someone can help you narrow down to the actual problem.

#5 10 years ago

It does not fire in test mode. The coil is not burnt and looks fine all wires are intact the plunger moves in side the coil. Is there way to ground the coil to make it fire?

#6 10 years ago

Otis associates with q76 on the driver board.

#7 10 years ago

Take the coil out and test it with a multimeter on the lowest number ohm setting. I bet the coil has a broken wire that you cannot see. I have had this happen a few times over the years.
--Scott

#8 10 years ago

I would ground the coil first to see if it fires.

#9 10 years ago

If you have a multimeter, you can put it across the coil while the coil is being activated in test mode to see if the voltage is switching. This will let you know if the problem is with the wiring and drive circuitry or the coil.

Or, if you don't have a meter you can ground the drive side of the coil as others have suggested. Make sure you don't ground the supply side of the coil (that wire should have a common color to the supply side on other coils).

#10 10 years ago

So ground the lug that has 1 wire coming off of it or 2?

#11 10 years ago

I for one, would start by metering the coil..but that is me. Yes there are ways to ground and to even use other power sources to test a coil, but I am not for putting someone at risk of more damage or personal harm. Perhaps you will find someone else that will do that. That said, Pinwiki has an ok write up on metering coils.

Yes a coil can have an unseen broken wire. While there is always a lot of 'coils rarely go bad' jibberish...I have seen plenty of 'good' looking coils with broken wires and coils damaged from overheating. I have also seem many coils that look totally fried work...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from kurtackerman:

So ground the lug that has 1 wire coming off of it or 2?

Ground lug has the one wire.

#13 10 years ago

If it works I am guessing I need to replace the transistor on the board?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from kurtackerman:

If it works I am guessing I need to replace the transistor on the board?

If it works all you really know is the coil is good. But you are correct, from there test the transistor.

#15 10 years ago

I grounded it and still nothing. I guess I will order a new coil.

#16 10 years ago

Test the coil with an ohm meter. Takes 5 seconds and will tell you a lot.

#17 10 years ago

Remove 1 lug and meter it out. It's a 26-1200 what kind of reading should it return

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.