Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by russdx
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190610_141259 (resized).jpg
polished-guide (resized).jpg
1560141480002632162804079037181 (resized).jpg
20190609_231530 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 months ago

Hi all,
Just picked up a well worn Fun House on Friday night. The pictures I had to go off didn't show the extensive wear of the playfield. The protective film had been removed at some point and the graphics are beat way beyond a touch up. Most everything else seems to be ok on the game. I was really looking forward to this one and the 7hr drive 1-way to pick it up was too much investment in it for me to just walk away from. I'm new to this hobby but it looks like the best alternative in this case is a whole new playfield (most seem to suggest NOT doing the screenprint overlay). That said, I haven't been able to find a playfield in stock anywhere. Am I missing a source for this?
Also, I'm in central Iowa if anyone knows of a good pinball restoration guy around here? I don't mind taking on a little restoration job but I'm not sure Fun House is the one to practice on.
Thanks!

20190609_231530 (resized).jpg
#3 5 months ago

Thank you for the crazy fast replies. I dont know why I couldn't find that one in the states that you linked.
Is a rotisserie a must-have for this job? I have too many projects as it is but I'd guess having a pro do the job may get pricey (if I could even find one around here). Any estimate on the hours a 1st-timer/novice might need to complete the job?
Funny thing is that all of the plastics are 100% intact. The step ramp is the only damage I've found. That and Rudy's eyelids are inop. Oh, and that it starts up in factory reset everytime its turned on.

1560141480002632162804079037181 (resized).jpg
#5 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Depends on how much time you spend on it. A rotisserie is not necessary. It makes things easier, but you can do it without one. I've done quite a few playfield swaps and never had a rotisserie.
If you take your time and spend a few hours a day or just a couple long weekend days every week, probably 45-60 days, taking it slow. Maybe a little longer if you're lost at various junctures (wiring harness and pop bumpers are trouble spots)
Even though your plastics are complete, they're old and will look yellow next to the crisp new playfield whites, so you're likely gonna get a new set of plastics.
Step ramp is $149
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PR013

Wow... so mid-range 50 days at 5 hrs per day = 250 hours to transfer the playfield? Glad I asked because I'd struggle to find that kind of time over several years - and I'd be missing just playing the game with my kids! Shoot, anyone want a nicely worn FunHouse + cash in exchange for a nice one? : )

#17 5 months ago

50hrs is much more palatable. Thank you all for your encouragement. This seems like a great community and a good resource for help when I'm in over my head which makes it easier to go ahead with it.
I hate to change the subject and please steer me to a thread that's covered this if you know of one but what are some good must-have tools for a project like this? I have the basic carpenter air tools and power drills but what are some more pin specific tools I will need? Like:
- rotisserie (debating this - I could see doing more restorations in the future if this one goes well)
- buffing wheel
- tumbler
- multimeter
Etc

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside