12 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KellyCorcoran
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F6C83EE-2758-44A5-83DE-033E133432A7 (resized).jpeg

#1 12 days ago

I am new to this form I have a fun hose game that I have had for a few months worked great for about 300 games now outhole does not work. Checked switch was ok replaced coil assembly and still not working. Ran test and other solenoids work but outhole does not trigger. Anyone have any suggestions?

9F6C83EE-2758-44A5-83DE-033E133432A7 (resized).jpeg
    #2 11 days ago

When the ball drains do you collect your bonus? If you don't, it's a bad switch. Go into Tests --> Switch Edge tests and test the switch with your finger to make sure it works first. If it does, test with a ball and make sure the ball is pressing on the switch properly to activate the switch. If not, bend the actuator so the ball activates the switch. You may also want to check for a broken wire or diode on that switch and resolder if it came off.

If you do get a bonus, but the solenoid doesn't fire, look at the solenoid and make sure the wires on that coil are attached. Could also be a wire on the coil upstream of that coil that came off or broke. If you go into Tests --> Solenoid tests check solenoids 1-8. Do the other coils work? (Ramp diverter, Trap door open, trap door closed, knocker, lock diverter). If all those don't work check fuse F105. Game off, remove one end of the fuse, check continuity with an ohmmeter. If it's bad replace it with a 5A SB fuse.

#3 11 days ago

Thanks I will look upstream of the switch all test pass I get no balls found. I need to put ball in lane to plunger it just to play it at all. I get nothing when ball drains does not even register to next ball.

I put new coil and that did nothing. It’s like it gets no power to coil. Solenoid test works for all except the outhole.

#4 11 days ago
    Quoted from Pshy64:

It’s like it gets no power to coil.

Let's see then. Check the voltage at the coil by setting your meter to voltage (use a setting over 50V if you have a choice). Touch the black lead to ground (any metal exterior trim) and the red lead to one of the tabs on the coil. I don't know if this game uses 25 or 50 volts on the outhole, but you should at least get a substantial reading.

If not, you have a broken solder joint. Follow the wires in both directions from the coil and see where it breaks.

If you do have voltage, you have a bad driver transistor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 59.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 5,799.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    £ 12.00
    $ 57.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside