(Topic ID: 233596)

Fun house outhole kicker

By Pshy64

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9F6C83EE-2758-44A5-83DE-033E133432A7 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I am new to this form I have a fun hose game that I have had for a few months worked great for about 300 games now outhole does not work. Checked switch was ok replaced coil assembly and still not working. Ran test and other solenoids work but outhole does not trigger. Anyone have any suggestions?

9F6C83EE-2758-44A5-83DE-033E133432A7 (resized).jpeg9F6C83EE-2758-44A5-83DE-033E133432A7 (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

When the ball drains do you collect your bonus? If you don't, it's a bad switch. Go into Tests --> Switch Edge tests and test the switch with your finger to make sure it works first. If it does, test with a ball and make sure the ball is pressing on the switch properly to activate the switch. If not, bend the actuator so the ball activates the switch. You may also want to check for a broken wire or diode on that switch and resolder if it came off.

If you do get a bonus, but the solenoid doesn't fire, look at the solenoid and make sure the wires on that coil are attached. Could also be a wire on the coil upstream of that coil that came off or broke. If you go into Tests --> Solenoid tests check solenoids 1-8. Do the other coils work? (Ramp diverter, Trap door open, trap door closed, knocker, lock diverter). If all those don't work check fuse F105. Game off, remove one end of the fuse, check continuity with an ohmmeter. If it's bad replace it with a 5A SB fuse.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks I will look upstream of the switch all test pass I get no balls found. I need to put ball in lane to plunger it just to play it at all. I get nothing when ball drains does not even register to next ball.

I put new coil and that did nothing. It’s like it gets no power to coil. Solenoid test works for all except the outhole.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pshy64:

It’s like it gets no power to coil.

Let's see then. Check the voltage at the coil by setting your meter to voltage (use a setting over 50V if you have a choice). Touch the black lead to ground (any metal exterior trim) and the red lead to one of the tabs on the coil. I don't know if this game uses 25 or 50 volts on the outhole, but you should at least get a substantial reading.

If not, you have a broken solder joint. Follow the wires in both directions from the coil and see where it breaks.

If you do have voltage, you have a bad driver transistor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-outhole-kicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.