Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mizzou
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So ran into a bit of an issue with my FH. The machine seems to think it's missing pinball when all three are there and loaded. Tried bending the arm that catapults the ball into the plunger lane a bit, but no help there....I'm sure this is simple, but what am I missing?

#2 8 years ago

Go into switch edge test and add the balls to the trough one at a time and make sure they all register. Removing the apron helps with the process. If one of the switches isn't working make sure the ball is closing the switch and if that's good then look for a broken wire on the switch.

#3 8 years ago

I just had a very similar problem on my Earthshaker. The game would see that there were 3 balls in the trough at the start of the game, but whenever a ball was lost in the outhole, the game would kick it over into the trough, but not recognize that the ball was in there. In switch tests, the switch would work intermittently. Turns out, a cold solder joint on the switch was to blame. It looked like it was soldered correctly, but it was not. Reheating and doing switch tests confirmed the fix. Give your switches a good look over, and make sure everything is making good contact.

#4 8 years ago

Turned out the right trough switch was too high. I had bent it a little earlier because the ball was getting caught on it causing it to not roll over it and not registering. Bent it back so that it read closed on the switch test aND it was fine. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-house-cant-find-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.