New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150316)

Fun Games that Can Be Completed?

By Billy16

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

web0_(resized).png

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I have had Tron for over 2 yrs and have NEVER made it to PORTAL. I have been like "one shot away" several times. I might be able to do it on a 10 ball game but that wouldn't really count. Please bear in mind that I suck at pinball, but still seems like it's awfully tough wizard mode to achieve.

#52 4 years ago

Yeah, Portal... That is certainly NOT easy. I would say on one out of 100 Tron games that I have gotten to Portal. I try to make my games play impossible though... Sea of Simulation is not that bad though. It's still harder than a lot of modes on some other B/W or Stern games mentioned above.

Another easier one that just popped into my head is Stargate's first wizard mode. NOT the final one.

#53 4 years ago

Gilligan's Island. With some good bounces you can see the wizard mode in less than 12 flips. I always thought it was fun playing it on route for a few games, but would never want to own one.

#54 4 years ago

People who say Tron is easy I imagine their tables set up virtually flat and with almost no outlanes.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I am not a great player but I have gotten to Portal several times ...

So in the 5 years you've owned it, you've made it to Portal several times. Does that sound easy?

#56 4 years ago

What does it take to the get to CBW Pool Ball Mania? 12 shots if you time out the modes? Maybe not as easy as Breakshot if you can get to Cutthroat Countdown in 9 shots

#57 4 years ago

RTU on factory is not too bad nor is VJP on Wh2O.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

nor is VJP on Wh2O.

Rom version def factors in there

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Does kobayashi maru count as a wizard mode? Its pretty attainable on stern Star Trek

It's a wizard mode but 5 year mission is the final wizard. Getting there is impossible unless you are a serious pro. That's 18 modes to complete plus any vengeance modes. That's a lot of shots. Level 1 modes have timers so you just have to survive. Level 2 and level 3 have a mix of timers and shots you have to make. Even when I am having an epic game of nailing most shots I still can't get to even the 2nd wizard mode.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from MSN22:

Vacation jackpot on Whitewater would be one of the toughest Williams wizard modes.

wow, disagree on this. Got Vacation jackpot in the first dozen games I played on it. Heck, recently I got it on my first ball.

as far as other williams/bally games .. .

agree with others WCS94 is easy to get and a fun wizard mode given the manual plunger.

STTNG, pretty easy to get, but the challenge is getting there with at least 4 artifacts, although I don't really consider it "beating the machine" unless I have 8, which means you completed most of the missions.

Getting LITZ on TZ is not super hard if you work/complete the upper playfield, but it doest have a great sense of satisfaction when you do it.

Completing all four 'objectives' in i500 is doable (no real 'wizard mode'), if you really focus on the passing and get the bonus passes in one of the modes, that is by far the hardest of the four.

getting across the country in RS to the wizard mode, also not hard, completing the entire country, much, much harder.

#61 4 years ago

As a Breakshot owner. ...someone please explain to me how this is possible.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

What does it take to the get to CBW Pool Ball Mania? 12 shots if you time out the modes? Maybe not as easy as Breakshot if you can get to Cutthroat Countdown in 9 shots

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rom version def factors in there

How so?

#63 4 years ago

I would say just about any pin that you play obsessively over and over again like I did with TWDLE and finally beat LMS.

I haven't gotten to Valinor yet, one day I'll start that quest again but I feel 100% confident I'll never reach the "Keefer Invitational" on WPT.

Agree with Rosh, completing the entire country on RS is on my bucket list.

The only one I don't care to beat is Ac/dc, I just have fun playing a few games on it like SM.

#64 4 years ago

Without the home roms the game is much harder completing level 6 river class.

EDIT: not to mention that ball saver

#65 4 years ago

The Final Battle on The Shadow is a good one. The pin is never cheap and to a skilled player it's very possible. It's the ideal Wizard Mode... Possible but challenging to get to, the wizard mode itself can be won or lost (vs TZ's), and has a very fun multiball.

#66 4 years ago

In general most wpc titles are fun and the wizard modes are very achievable but not a cake walk eaither. Lots of replay value also especially bsd,cftbl, tz, congo , shadow,wh20 and many others .

#67 4 years ago

Pinball arcade counts.....right? Otherwise....im screwed

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Pinball arcade counts.....right? Otherwise....im screwed

No, Pinball Arcade doesn't count (but that did get a good laugh)!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beg to differ - Try completing the SPIDER WEB!!!! Have you ever accomplished that goal? Do you know someone who has?

I own this game for over 2 years now and never rescued the princess...

What are the TZ goals???

Nope. Have t completed the Spider Web. I think 11 was my best. I didn't actually know there WAS a Multiball at the end of it. So, is that considered the Wizard Mode on SS?? Cause I thought "Scared Stiff" was considered the wizard mode??

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Nope. Have t completed the Spider Web. I think 11 was my best. I didn't actually know there WAS a Multiball at the end of it. So, is that considered the Wizard Mode on SS?? Cause I thought "Scared Stiff" was considered the wizard mode??

They're both wizard modes.

If you're a reasonably decent player and set out to complete the Spider Awards, it's not that hard to do. The "problem" is that people don't generally aim for it, meaning they don't relight the Spider every chance they get and always shoot it when it's lit.

I've done it a couple times on a friend's machine. Both times, I was purposely trying to get there.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

If you're a reasonably decent player and set out to complete the Spider Awards, it's not that hard to do. The "problem" is that people don't generally aim for it, meaning they don't relight the Spider every chance they get and always shoot it when it's lit.
I've done it a couple times on a friend's machine. Both times, I was purposely trying to get there.

I've never tried to do that on SS, so next time I play . . .

I think this is true of many wizard modes, you need to be really focusing and strategizing on getting there vs just getting a high score or just playing the game and seeing if you get there. In WH20 for example, you need to be conscious of not locking balls early on, since once you start MB twice, that third time is an absolute bitch (but very rewarding when you actually do it). Many of the games on this list have that type of a requirement as far as the strategy of play.

#72 4 years ago

When I play my SS, my goal is always get to Scared Stiff, no matter how many times (once, twice, three times....)... Getting to the Spider Web was always a consequence.... Maybe because is so much funnier getting to SS.... But ok, maybe I'll change my focus next time (or whenever I'm in the mood)!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Without the home roms the game is much harder completing level 6 river class.
EDIT: not to mention that ball saver

a bit but pounding the lock shot to lower right rollover, while boring, gets the job done pretty well without the need to carry River class over

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

a bit but pounding the lock shot to lower right rollover, while boring, gets the job done pretty well without the need to carry River class over

I usually spend my first multiball shooting the lock shot repeatedly until I reach class six or blow it, and then collect the multiball restart.

#76 4 years ago

It's relatively easy to get through Meet Your Maker on No Fear.

Getaway, which was already said, is relatively easy to wrap too.

Taxi. I'm not sure if completing it is delivering all 5 passengers and cashing in on the jackpot, or alternating ramps to light and then score the 1 million point shot. Both are fairly achievable though.

I don't find Doctor Who, which was mentioned, that easy.

And if anyone says they can beat TOM easily, I'll slap them.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

And if anyone says they can beat TOM easily, I'll slap them.

TOM wizrd mode isn't hard to defeat, but it takes some time to get to it.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You are correct. It's always been a sub goal for me. I pursue SS and generally only care about the MB extenders. As a secondary goal I go for the eyeballs to light extra ball. After that, I saw the awards as inconsequential.

However today, I made Spider Web completion my main goal, and the mode is fantastic.

Thanks for the kick in the butt to go for it. I made it there, and GC'd my SS in the process. There were also 2 trips to Scared Stiff, but poor performance on each.

Therefor, I would still call it "Fun, but attainable"!

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You are correct. It's always been a sub goal for me. I pursue SS and generally only care about the MB extenders. As a secondary goal I go for the eyeballs to light extra ball. After that, I saw the awards as inconsequential.
However today, I made Spider Web completion my main goal, and the mode is fantastic.
Thanks for the kick in the butt to go for it. I made it there, and GC'd my SS in the process. There were also 2 trips to Scared Stiff, but poor performance on each.
Therefor, I would still call it "Fun, but attainable"!

Congrats!

#80 4 years ago

If people think portal is pretty easy to get to, let alone beat, I want to watch how those people hit the gem shot. I seriously hit that 1 out of 50 tries on purpose. And every tron's gem shot plays different.

super frenzy on FH is my vote. Very easy. Stacking with MB is the hard part. I like to consider that the wizard mode. Haha

Saving the queen on Big Guns is pretty easy too.

#81 4 years ago

Demolition Man, demo time is easy, demolition jackpot isn't too tough either.
Both in the same game isn't even that hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside