• 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

web0_(resized).png
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Found an old topic on hardest wizard modes, but I'd rather come at this the opposite way. What are fun games with replay value that are not nearly impossible to beat--pins an average player has a chance at starting the final mode and possibly finishing? Feel free to link games you think qualify.

#2 8 years ago

POTC,MB come to mind first

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

POTC,MB come to mind first

Doesn't POTC have a wizard mode (4 winds or something) that's known to be extremely difficult to achieve? I could be wrong because I don't know the game very well, but I tend to hear it tossed around in the more difficult side more often.

Anyways, back on the topic of easy wizard modes, I tend to get Tour the Mansion, Super Cellar Door, and Super Frenzy pretty often.

#4 8 years ago

Breakshot. I think you can get to Cutthroat Countdown in as few as 9 flips. It's a pretty fun mode too.

#5 8 years ago

GOT PRO and TRON come to mind. Though portal is tough to beat. But getting there is very achievable.

#6 8 years ago

Scared Stiff is a totally fun, and totally attainable Wizard Mode.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It took me awhile to get the spider wheel multiball

#8 8 years ago

HSII

#9 8 years ago

TOM and TZ, too easy me thinks and once you have done them a few times they lose there appeal IMO.

#10 8 years ago

I find that most of the Williams games have wizard modes that are achievable. Although that doesn't necessarily mean that they are fun to play. I can't think of any Williams game that has an unachievable wizard.
Of the Stern games, I'd say that T3 has probably the easiest wizard mode to achieve. IM, Jericho and Do or Die are not too far out of reach - as opposed to Do or Die Multiball.
The rest require too much for an 'average' player to get to wizard mode on anything like a regular basis.

I would say I am a good player, and have completed, or got to, the majority of Wizard modes for games I have owned - including Valinor(Lotr), Superhero(SM), Encore(ACDC), Final Battle(Avatar), End of Line(Met).

As for people saying that Tron or PotC have easy wizard modes, you're either playing a game set up WAY too easy, or you're just trying to make yourself seem better than you are. I have got to Portal once(despite getting to Sea of Simulation on a regular basis), never got to Gauntlet (despite getting to 4 winds numerous times) these are NOT easy wizard modes at all.

#11 8 years ago

TOTAN ....spoiler alert..............................A kiss from the princess and a magic carpet ride for completing this game.

#12 8 years ago

How?!? You have to complete three different pool games. Including rotation shooting 1-15 in order.

Quoted from ryanwanger:

Breakshot. I think you can get to Cutthroat Countdown in as few as 9 flips. It's a pretty fun mode too.

#13 8 years ago

Reaching and beating Germany in the Finals of WCS is achievable, especially if you get the Advance Three Cities award from Striker.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Beg to differ - Try completing the SPIDER WEB!!!! Have you ever accomplished that goal? Do you know someone who has?

Quoted from beepnutz:

TOTAN ....spoiler alert..............................A kiss from the princess and a magic carpet ride for completing this game.

I own this game for over 2 years now and never rescued the princess...

Quoted from oldskool1969:

TOM and TZ, too easy me thinks and once you have done them a few times they lose there appeal IMO.

What are the TZ goals???

#15 8 years ago

Congo. No wizard mode, but I collected 100 diamonds, did the super multiball, and got a super jackpot 2 days after I got it. There's some other features to that game, but that's essentially how you "beat" it, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

#16 8 years ago

Doctor Who. Getting too and beating Davros is not that challenging.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT PRO and TRON come to mind. Though portal is tough to beat. But getting there is very achievable.

Gosh, Tron? It is certainly straight forward and easy to understand the goals to reach portal but it is not easy to get to portal at all. Just completing light cycle multiball is a heck of an achievement.

#18 8 years ago

Do or Die on Iron Man. Since all the work has to be done on one ball...hitting a shot two times is reachable....though there is still a lot of pressure.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Do or Die on Iron Man. Since all the work has to be done on one ball...hitting a shot two times is reachable....though there is still a lot of pressure.

You must mean the hurry up...not the do or die wizard mode multiball.

#20 8 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic - Power Down. All you have to do is start the five modes (not complete them) and get 320Gb (which happens naturally during a decent game).

Even though it's not super hard to get to, I still think Power Down is one of the best wizard modes ever.

Later,
EV

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Johnny Mnemonic - Power Down. All you have to do is start the five modes (not complete them) and get 320Gb (which happens naturally during a decent game).
Even though it's not super hard to get to, I still think Power Down is one of the best wizard modes ever.
Later,
EV

Totally agree with this.

#22 8 years ago

NGG has a pretty easy compleable goal.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You must mean the hurry up...not the do or die wizard mode multiball.

I am speaking of the hurry up.

#24 8 years ago

I love the progression in Sopranos, and have reached Boss many times, but only completed it a couple of times. On occasion, I've failed, and wrapped around to Boss twice in a game - that's how to get a big score. It's a good challenge, but definitely beatable.

Would love to own this one some day...

#25 8 years ago

Though I wouldn't necessarily say it is easy - it's definitely straightforward and attainable: Attack Mars mode on RFM.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 8 years ago

WCS94 getting to the final match with Germany isnt too terribly hard

#27 8 years ago

BOP for sure. Easiest.

SS, TAF, and TOM.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

BOP for sure. Easiest. SS, TAF, and TOM.

I dare anyone who says SS to prove they've completed the SPIDER WEB!

web0_(resized).pngweb0_(resized).png

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

TOTAN is probably the easiest wizard mode, both to achieve and beat. Wish those modes away! Switch frenzy wizard mode!

Quoted from ejacques:

How?!? You have to complete three different pool games. Including rotation shooting 1-15 in order.

I think the Call Your Shot feature can be used to instantly win pool games. Good luck with it, tough to setup and tough to make the shot, but nice if you can do it. BS isn't too hard even doing things normally.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Doctor Who. Getting too and beating Davros is not that challenging.

I don't consider this one beat til you kill a Triple Davros. Remember.. "I'm not such an easy person to kill, Doctor!" I've gotten an 800M double 4X jackpot, but never a triple at any playfield multiplier...

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

web0_(resized).png

Agree - that is super hard!

#31 8 years ago

Jurassic Park, you just have to start every mode to get to System Failure, most of which time out. Hit the scoop, catch with left flipper, shoot the ramp, re lights the modes from the in lanes, shoot the scoop. Rinse, repeat. modes stack so just do that a bunch and start all the modes. System Failure is sweet.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

This is hard, but nothing like Valinor or SDMEWM. Basically, you have to shoot the right ramp, shoot the spider hole, then not screw up the award selection by selecting a dupe. Repeat that process 16 times and you're golden. The game hands out extra balls like candy so you can marathon your way to it. I've done it twice, then sold the game.

The Scared Stiff mode is easy for most people to achieve.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't consider this one beat til you kill a Triple Davros. Remember.. "I'm not such an easy person to kill, Doctor!" I've gotten an 800M double 4X jackpot, but never a triple at any playfield multiplier...

Great point. I've killed a level 2 Davros probably ten times, never a level 3...there just isn't enough time available...

#34 8 years ago

Jurassic park... This is the only game I can get the wizard mode...

#35 8 years ago

Junkyard and congo come to mind as 2 that are fun and achievable. Also southpark is maybe to simple, but fun if you like the show.

#36 8 years ago

Vacation jackpot on Whitewater would be one of the toughest Williams wizard modes.

#38 8 years ago

Getting to the Final Frontier on STTNG isn't that hard and probably the only game where you can start a wizard mode just by plunging too.

#39 8 years ago

TZ isn't tough to get to if you just try nailing Doors...and since you can't "complete" it that makes it easier.

AS said above WCS is pretty easy.

#40 8 years ago

Does kobayashi maru count as a wizard mode? Its pretty attainable on stern Star Trek

#41 8 years ago

Doing all the modes on JD, then capturing the evil judges is pretty easy IMO.

#43 8 years ago

I think a lot of folks are missing an obvious choice. TAF - TTM is doable and a lot of fun. Easier than LITZ for sure. Once you learn the bounce and can post pass on any given TAF, TTM is certainly attainable.

#44 8 years ago

Mf, you are way better than I am, I believe Tron is pretty tough!

#45 8 years ago

Dirty Harry's is pretty easy to get to, but to actually make many arrests in, very difficult.

#46 8 years ago

SM has battle royale which is achievable, super hero less so but still do-able

#47 8 years ago

Wow...I love how many people just crush Portal on this thread.

Quoted from snyper2099:

TAF - TTM is doable and a lot of fun..

Yeah for sure.

#48 8 years ago

I am not a great player but I have gotten to Portal several times and get to SOS about 1 in 10 games. Maybe I just have my game dialed in? But yeah, I spend all my focus on completing Light Cycle and Gem. The rest tend to fall into place.
TAF Tour the mansion was easy as pie on my machine but not so easy on others. But I did have super predictable scoop ejects which makes a ton of difference IMO.
Getaway I find fairly easy to get to. I have gotten to TZ, MB and MMs Wizard modes once each at a friend's house but I don't get to play them that often to know if I was just having a good game or what.
Of my other games I currently own, SM Super Hero and TS' wizard mode I have only gotten to once. LOTRs TABA twice. JM's Powerdown I have seen a few times. XM and ACDC I have not been to.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Mf, you are way better than I am, I believe Tron is pretty tough!

I'm not that good.

I've been to Sea of Simulation numerous times (probably the best mini-wizard mode ever) and Portal a few times.

Tron is absolutely achievable unlike some other similar games.

#50 8 years ago

TOTAN is a pretty fun wizard mode. Although, once you get there a few times by using the bazaar to collect jewels its quite easy.

The fun challenge is manual plunging and keeping the mode going, without losing, for as long as possible. The longer you go the more points you get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-games-that-can-be-completed/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.