Connections (resized).jpg
FunFestHighScorePlugs (resized).jpg
79D3F7C3-B5A9-44A7-AB9C-1A1D9BBCFD04 (resized).jpeg
38BF99C9-258E-460A-A4F5-1778C5266B77 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0943 (resized).PNG
IMG_0942 (resized).PNG
IMG_1779 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Working on a number of issues with my Fun-Fest. First and most obvious, when score points for a free game, no knocker sound and credit wheel doesn't move. Looked on line for a picture of the inside of an FF back box and couldn't find one. Looking for confirmation that the picture I am showing is of the credit unit, which obviously doesn't work due to the missing coil and bracket. Also, not sure where the end of the hanging spring should connect when attached. Is there a post missing lower on the unit for the spring connection? Looked at pics on pinside of other Williams replay / credit units but wasn't certain. Thanks for any help.

IMG_1779 (resized).JPGIMG_1779 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

That looks like a match unit rather than the credit stepper. That spring is supposed to be attached to arm in the bottom left on that hook spot. It pulls that arm in and make's it so the unit can't go in reverse.

#3 6 years ago

The credit unit will look the same mechanically but have 2 coils and a lot less wires going to it.

#4 6 years ago

If the game is in extra ball mode, the number match and knocker will not work.

IMG_0942 (resized).PNGIMG_0942 (resized).PNG

#6 6 years ago

The credit unit will have the white credit wheel on it and be located behind the credit window on the backglass between player 1 and player 2 scores.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all replies: Should have looked closer. Thought credit reel was being controlled by the stepper in the pic. Rookie mistake. So, connected spring to correct hook. Also, checked the extra ball / replay adjustment and it was set for extra ball. Changed it back and with the spring back on the stepper a number of play field problems went away. Will have to check the free game point adjustment, because only awards 1 game at 41,000 points. Ran it to over 100,000 twice to be sure. Will start a new post if I can't solve that on my own. Thanks again.

#8 6 years ago

There are plugs to set the bonus level in the back box. Top left.

#9 6 years ago

IMG_0943 (resized).PNGIMG_0943 (resized).PNG

#10 6 years ago

Settings and card. Haven’t reviewed yet, just took quick pics on way out of the house today. Does this look right?

38BF99C9-258E-460A-A4F5-1778C5266B77 (resized).jpeg38BF99C9-258E-460A-A4F5-1778C5266B77 (resized).jpeg

79D3F7C3-B5A9-44A7-AB9C-1A1D9BBCFD04 (resized).jpeg79D3F7C3-B5A9-44A7-AB9C-1A1D9BBCFD04 (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago

Hi DCRand,

The image below is how I have ours set-up. Extra Balls at the following scores 46,000 - 62,000 - 83,000. The wire color was faded so I took each plug and inserted them onto the "0000" plug so I could determine the value for each wire. The ones I could not really make the colors out I then labeled them with the blue painters tape. This set-up also awarded free games at the set intervals when set to "Replay". Hope this helps.

FunFestHighScorePlugs (resized).jpgFunFestHighScorePlugs (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

plug setup

Connections (resized).jpgConnections (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

. This set-up also awarded free games at the set intervals when set to "Replay". Hope this helps.

Thanks. Made the change this morning before work. With my settings matching yours, no free games at up to 100k points. Will dig deeper into problem this weekend.

#14 6 years ago

Found the problem tonight. Sticky credit unit. The wheel moves freely, but the control arms connected to the coils were sticky. Some cleaning helped. Adds 1 credit at a time now, but deducts 2 or 3 at a time. More work on it over the weekend coming up.

#15 6 years ago

Finally solved the last credit problem. After a bit of trial and error, unwound the reel spring two winds, and it works perfectly. Still resets to blank, but adds and deducts credits one at a time. Thanks for all the help. One problem left, but will start a new post on that one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-fest-credit-stepper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.