• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1792 (resized).JPG
IMG_1793 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Working on what I think is the last (current) Fun-Fest problem. The upper three quarters of the back box lights are out, working one day, out the next. Interestingly, they occasionally very faintly flash when playing. Traced the wiring on the schematic. The 15v fuse is fine, the brown wires go to the coin unit, and a gray white wire goes from the coin unit to the first light in sequence, the 1 player light. The pic shows the gray white wire connecting to the bulb socket, and kind of shows the common / return bare wire and tab. Used multi meter to trace voltage. When black wire clipped to the bare common, on the back box, no voltage at the bulb, the gray white wire out of the coin unit, or the brown wires into the coin unit. When clip the black wire of the meter to a play field bare common, have 6 volts to all three wires, but no lights. Ran a jumper from the play field common to the back box common, no effect. Officially out of ideas. Help.

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG

IMG_1792 (resized).JPGIMG_1792 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

It's one of the two middle switches on the Lock relay. The other does playfield. Be careful poking around because there is a 115 v. sw. there as well.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

It's one of the two middle switches on the Lock relay. The other does playfield. Be careful poking around because there is a 115 v. sw. there as well.

Currieddog, thanks. It was the switch contact. Didn't think it was a switch since was working one day, and not the next. Appreciate the help. Everything working great now.

#4 6 years ago

For some reason that is kind of recurring problem, but easier now that you know where it is. I played with that sw. a few times on my F-F.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

For some reason that is kind of recurring problem, but easier now that you know where it is. I played with that sw. a few times on my F-F.

Well, glad you knew about it. Saved me a lot of time and effort.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-fest-back-box-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.