(Topic ID: 230172)

Fun, creative, dangerous ways you've moved a game out .

By chad

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a6c4574f1 (resized).jpg
    received_424517584752804 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1543169600195 (resized).jpg
    IMG9534231 (resized).jpg
    10091511461 (resized).jpg
    10091511471 (resized).jpg
    10091511561 (resized).jpg
    1009151156a1 (resized).jpg
    10091512151 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Mine was using a very old conveyor system. Moving some old and big heavy em style games (think Apollo 14 by Chicago Coin).

Friend of mine used a wheel barrow.

10091511461 (resized).jpg10091511461 (resized).jpg10091511471 (resized).jpg10091511471 (resized).jpg10091511561 (resized).jpg10091511561 (resized).jpg1009151156a1 (resized).jpg1009151156a1 (resized).jpg10091512151 (resized).jpg10091512151 (resized).jpgIMG9534231 (resized).jpgIMG9534231 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Crazy!

I've moved games up a spiral staircase. Games were put in the basement before the spiral staircase was put in, and the owners probably never thought someday they'd have to be taken out.

That was fun, all heads needed to be removed along with the playfields. Kind of bear hugged the empty cabinets and carried them up slowly.

#3 5 years ago

Went to grab a Flash off Facebook for super cheap last year. It was snowing hard and about 2 degrees out so I assumed there was no way this guy would have the keys for this thing, and I was right. We turned it sideways and slid it in my Traverse with about an eighth of an inch to spare to close the tailgate...

FB_IMG_1543169600195 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1543169600195 (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago

Catapult

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Went to grab a Flash off Facebook for super cheap last year. It was snowing hard and about 2 degrees out so I assumed there was no way this guy would have the keys for this thing, and I was right. We turned it sideways and slid it in my Traverse with about an eighth of an inch to spare to close the tailgate...
    [quoted image]

How the hell???
    Head and all? That’s insane

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

How the hell???
    Head and all? That’s insane

Ha! It was about a 45 minute drive for me in the snow, but I was determined to get out of there before someone else contacted him. It took some maneuvering and almost dropping it but we JUST got it in there. When I got home the next day I was terrified it would have snapped the head off or something but it was totally fine. Once I got the coin door lock off, the keys to the head were in the bottom of the cabinet but wedged under a support board on the bottom. They were probably there 30 years. Cleaned up real nice though and now I know to ask "do you have the keys" before I leave...

received_424517584752804 (resized).jpegreceived_424517584752804 (resized).jpeg
    #7 5 years ago

7 firefighters. That is all.

#8 5 years ago

I dragged a game through the snow on a plastic sled

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I dragged a game through the snow on a plastic sled

I had to take a Wh20 out a walk out up a hill with a good 8" of snow....damn a sled would have been great actually.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I had to take a Wh20 out a walk out up a hill with a good 8" of snow....damn a sled would have been great actually.

It wouldn't have been so bad except it was a flimsy plastic children's sled that was too small, so the game kept tipping from side to side in the snow and falling off

#11 5 years ago

Eventually, I bought one of those handy pinball dollies.

a6c4574f1 (resized).jpga6c4574f1 (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Eventually, I bought one of those handy pinball dollies.[quoted image]

Nice!

#13 5 years ago

Yeah, it's either wait around for one of your buddies that you helped move into his new house when he got married, or actually get the game moved into the house.

#14 5 years ago

slide a couple down the stairs, without knowing if I could counter the weight, does that count?

#16 5 years ago

Has anyone ever had to remove their shoes for a move? Upstairs/downstairs . I do not like the fact I have no real good foot grip.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

7 firefighters. That is all.

came to this thread to tag you for this.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermoot:

came to this thread to tag you for this.

Now I need to know the story

#20 5 years ago

I helped my brother move a pin out of a guy's house in the dead of winter. He lived in a lake house, and it had a very long walkway to the back of the house. But the first challenge was actually getting it out of the basement. It was a Black Hole... while the machine breaks down, it's still an incredibly heavy cabinet, and the stairs were cellar style and icy.

He was a nice guy and he had shoveled the recent snowfall thinking it would make it easier for us. What that really does is creates a nice slick surface to walk on. It was a precarious move, but we made it without anyone getting hurt.

At my old house, I had a difficult staircase to get to the basement - a 90* corner at the top of the stairs, and a very narrow landing at the bottom that meant lifting the machine over the rail. I eventually gave up on that. I decided to get machines in and out through a window. That window was about 4' high, which meant some creativity in getting the machine to height. I purchased a high-lift hydraulic cart. From there we would push the machine out the window and onto a convertible dolly laid flat. It worked really well, and I was able to do it by myself in a pinch.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Now I need to know the story

Ask Gryszzz. He can tell it better than me with his usual creative embellishments. LOL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-crestive-dangerous-ways-you-ve-moved-a-game-out- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.