(Topic ID: 79128)

FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore is opening it's doors to the public for a 4

By nordseth

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sottish rite.jpg
    image-219.jpg
    image-902.jpg
    image-320.jpg
    image-379.jpg
    image-970.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image-519.jpg
    image-634.jpg
    image-167.jpg
    image-9.jpg
    image-125.jpg
    image-643.jpg
    image-742.jpg
    image-367.jpg
    image-295.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Okay, you lost me You think Fun is great, I respect that. But you've never bought a game from them? Besides maybe some parts, what else have you done with them that makes then so great? I'm talking business wise, most people here aren't local and won't be borrowing games etc from them.

Quoted from Jared:

I have bought and traded 20 machines in less than 13 months

Quoted from Jared:

I can say with sincerity: dealing with Steve and FUN! over the last 8 months has been very good.

Quoted from Jared:

Anyways, although I have never purchased a machine from them myself, I have certainly "dealt with these guys before"

I actually have no problem with Fun BTW. I have bought a game from them. But like every other customer of theirs, I overpaid. I know the right questions to ask, and they were accurate with the description. They did send me the game without the legs which was annoying, luckily I could borrow a set from a local guy so I didn't have to wait 5 days to play the thing.

Where people get into trouble with Fun, is if they don't ask very detailed specific questions. For example, I've heard people getting games with some play field planking, and this would have been a deal breaker. They assumed that Fun would disclose this, but being a retailer it's just another normal assurance to them. I asked about all those types of things before I bought, most people don't.

#11 10 years ago

I'm going to respectfully disagree You can't compare buying a bottle of novus to buying a pin long distance. There are plenty of super great guys out there who run shitty businesses.

When they lent you that game, it wasn't business, it was personal. No money changed hands, nothing was bought, nothing was sold. They may be trying to earn your business, not sure. I can understand you coming out and saying they are super great guys, but I don't understand you vouching for them as a company when you've bought nothing from them except some cleaner and glass.

Quoted from Jared:

Well I have bought playglass, cleaner and a few miscellaneous parts. I have never purchased a machine from them. That is the extent of my financial transactions with FUN!, but I dont think it's fair to say thats the only business that matters. To me, business is any interaction with someone as a business. So when they, as FUN!, lent and trusted me with thousands of dollars in equipment, It quickly gave me a respect for Steve and his trust he would put into a stranger. I have also had the luck to have several long conversations with Steve about business, his ideas, some of his plans and what he has done, and all of the discussion with him has further deepened my respect as well as my trust in him as an individual.

I guess my point is, Fun is local, you think they are great and you think their business is great. Plus, you yourself said you bought 20 machines in the last 13 months. If Fun is so great, why haven't you bought a single machine from them? They can't be THAT great to not have our business, except for a few bucks in parts. Just trying to play devils advocate.

Quoted from Jared:

I have bought and traded 20 machines in less than 13 months, (which is freaking diving in) but yeah... Im not a arcade/pinball veteran.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-billiards-gameroom-superstore-is-opening-its-doors-to-the-public-for-a-4?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.