View topic image gallery

Walter_2.jpg
Walter.jpg
WOZ.jpg
images.jpg
1.jpg
victory.jpeg
WOZ_whitewood.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

This is going to be one seriously fun game!

WOZ_whitewood.jpgWOZ_whitewood.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I love it. More creative than anything Stern has done in the past decade... and this is just the whitewood.

#3 12 years ago

It's really starting to shape up. I certainly makes me wish I could afford to get on the early band wagon...

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I love it. More creative than anything Stern has done in the past decade... and this is just the whitewood.

I'd say TSPP is on par

#5 12 years ago

Looks like a killer pf. This picture appears to be about the same angle as one would have playing the game and I notice that the rollover lanes are slightly obstructed. I wonder if they plan to use a mirror like TOM. Perhaps this angle is a little lower and it will not be necessary. Either way Im digging it.

#6 12 years ago

wow. 2 days to bite the bullet for the cheaper price. it's a lot of money, not just to commit, but for the whole thing. but wow. a bank of targets along the left out lane and behind the left flipper? i've been on the fence for some time, just waiting and watching what has been coming out. i think this WB might have done it. everything that has come out on this game has been stellar and top notch so far, i don't think there could be anyway it would be a dissapointment...

#7 12 years ago

Love it!

#8 12 years ago

Going to be unlike anything else - ever. Good quality as well. However I did not like the music released today, but could just be me....

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I did not like the music released today, but could just be me ....

I liked it, but it was a bit more synthesized than I expected. I'm hoping the final sound will be more orchestral.

#10 12 years ago

Rock on JJP!

#11 12 years ago

That's just awesome, which is pretty much what I expected. Great job Jack and crew.

#12 12 years ago

Looks great! Everyone who took the risk and pre-ordered will get a great game. Part of me is wishing I would have got in on the project it will be something special.

Hopefully there will be some cool features in the software too. Maybe JJP will take a cue from Stern and bury a Pink Floyd mode in there - hitting something in sequence to spell the bands name starts Time mulitball with the music.

Although I doubt they'll pay to license a Floyd tune - but I can dream

#13 12 years ago

What happened to the spinning house? I totally want one. Too bad that my wife would kill me spending that much on a pin.

#14 12 years ago

Spinning house will be in upper right mini playfield.

#15 12 years ago

Comments:

* Remind me again what you're supposed to shoot with the upper right flipper?
* Witch assembly - the one shown is incomplete, right?
* Is that green orb actually there in the photo? It looks shopped

Quoted from donjagra:

What happened to the spinning house? I totally want one. Too bad that my wife would kill me spending that much on a pin.

It'll be there, they just don't have the toy done for it yet.

#16 12 years ago

Love it......and yes, I want a TSPP LE too.....

26 inch Led puts this on another pinball plane.......

The new Michael Jordan has arrived!

#17 12 years ago

Is looking good. Hopefully the art on the playfield will be just as good as the playfield itself.

Witch looks a bit big considering she has to melt and rise and stand upon targets. I think she's probably just a model they put in to show us where the real one will go.

#18 12 years ago

victory.jpegvictory.jpeg

I can't wait to LED those three inserts!!!!
Wait... WTF!!?!??

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Is that green orb actually there in the photo? It looks shopped

If you zoom in on the photo, you'll see there are a few things shopped in or out. The witch was shopped in. I'm not sure if the orb was. I think something was smudged out above and between the flippers.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

If you zoom in on the photo, you'll see there are a few things shopped in or out. The witch was shopped in. I'm not sure if the orb was. I think something was smudged out above and between the flippers.

Aaaha! That's why the witch doesn't look like they said it would. Honestly i'd have rather seen an unshopped whitewood, even if it meant seeing evidence of a screwup. I mean, do they think we don't expect them to make changes on a whitewood, which would look real obvious on inspection?

Oh, and... switch behind the rubbers south of the KANSAS targets? Interesting!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Great another Stern hater with little to no appreciation that they continued to make some very solid pins while others packed up shop. It makes no sense to me. Without Stern pinball would not be where it is today period. How about showing a little appreciation over the contempt?

Okay back on subject, love the look of WOZ so far looks like it is gonna be a sweet pin for those lucky enough to be getting it!! Not a big fan of the flippers though.

Quoted from DrAzzy:

Honestly i'd have rather seen an unshopped whitewood, even if it meant seeing evidence of a screwup.

I think they shop things in there to see where they want everything and for the most part what it would look like. Looks like they are just trying to keep people included on the progress which is a good thing.

#22 12 years ago

Wow, I didn't realize that it was going to be a tri-level. First since Haunted House, and the first ever with two upper levels.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Great another Stern hater with little to no appreciation that they continued to make some very solid pins while others packed up shop

Show me where I said I don't appreciate what Stern has done for pinball. It's great that they have kept pinball alive.. but I DONT PREFER STERN GAMES. I like early-mid 90's Bally/williams games wayyy better. Have a problem with that?
Just for the record, if I had the money to spend I would consider adding a few Sterns to my gameroom. They are just too expensive for me right now.

And saying that they make "solid" pins is a little misleading. Playing a Stern is like playing on a big piece of PLASTIC, no lie.

Quoted from gweempose:

This is going to be one seriously fun game!

you got that right Gweem

#24 12 years ago

A very brave effort these guys are doing with playfield designs. Wow!

Stern designers take note. Key word: Innovation!

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

And saying that they make "solid" pins is a little misleading. Playing a Stern is like playing on a big piece of PLASTIC, no lie.

Whatever man your a Stern hater don't know why your trying to hide it. It really gets boring to hear the same generic comments over and over. So every now and then I will say something hope you don't have a problem with that. I've owned both a Williams and a Stern so I can compare pretty well. My SM is just as solid as the Williams no doubt requiring less work and playing just as good. To claim pins like SM, LOTR, Batman, IM, and TSPP all aren't solid fun pins to play is laughable to me.

Hey I can agree to disagree though no need to take it personal dude. Its almost like people do not know how to complement how WOZ looks without bashing Stern for some reason. WOZ hasn't even come out we don't know anything about how it will play and JJP has never put a pin before. I hope it is a success and Pinball gets more popular from it. I don't have to hate on JJP just because I like Stern pins.

#26 12 years ago

Every Stern i've played, I liked playing it. They just feel lightweight and cheap. like plastic. I dunno what to say. just my opinion right?

"my apologies Dude"

1.jpg1.jpg

#27 12 years ago

I am kinda new to collecting pinballs but I have to agree that Sterns kinda feel less solid than the Bally/Williams games.

I went to CP Pinball in Illinois and tried to play Lotr and SM and thought they were cool but less robust in feel than others.

Just my $.02

#28 12 years ago

LOTR feels strange to play, i would love to have some more time on that game. So much involved in it.
I did finally get to play SM and I can see why people love it. Really fun, looks great and good shots. I would like to own one someday, it's just not in the cards right now. can't justify the prices.

#29 12 years ago

I also dislike the way Stern's feel. Not saying they can't be fun, but the feel is very cheap...

#30 12 years ago

I must be missing something... I own LOTR, played MM and AFM a couple weeks ago, and they all "felt" the same to me construction-wise. Now IM is a machine I would agree has a certain cheapness to it and doesn't feel quite as solid as many other pins I've played.

#31 12 years ago

The newer the games get, the less solid they feel in general. Like Tommy and sttng feel heavier than the Sterns I have when it comes to shaking them. Weight and feel have no real bearing on fun and challenge factor though. Frankly, I'm glad that they're a little lighter now, easier to shake, easier to move. Trying to move games like sttng and Stargate will kill you, lol. I would agree with the above poster that IM is one of the lightest games I've played, but ironically it's also one of funnest games I've ever played...a case where less is more.

#32 12 years ago

Now having seen todays release,and as an early depositer on WOZ,I have more questions than answers,which is ok,yet frustrating.It's coming together but still appears to be stitched together and photo-shopped.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#33 12 years ago

Stern blows cheaply made games with no depth for their last 5 pins made!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Wow...
Just- wow...
I'd hate to hear what MM thinks about late 80's, early 90's Gottliebs!

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

hehe, now tell us how you really feel!

Quoted from v8torino:

It's coming together but still appears to be stitched together and photo-shopped.

I wouldnt worry v8. I believe the photoshopping is just there to represent what will be on the playfield. not to exact specifications. I envy you for being on board sir!

#36 12 years ago

The ruby slippers look silly.

#37 12 years ago

That bottom looks interesting. I wonder if the flippers are moved further up the field, and how that will affect the play.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

My SM is just as solid as the Williams no doubt requiring less work and playing just as good.

My SM has never had any problems other than a LED light slipping out of a spot light.There is something wrong with my 2 Williams pins all the time but I still like them.Stern may be a little lighter but solid too (STTNG is a heavy wide body that almost killed me getting down the stairs)
SM is great and is advanced in the software and more reliable than earlier era"s of pins!!!!

#39 12 years ago

So it is a widebody afterall... Here's the email text that was just sent out:

------

What a treat, two updates in two days! Today we give you a better idea of what the Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine will be.

Unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine:

-Limited to 1,000 units

-Each game will have a numbered plaque affixed to the game, on the front of the cabinet - # of 1,000 etc....

-Certificate of Authenticity, hand signed by the Design Team

-Body armor is in the Emerald Green/Black special finish that Matt has chosen with Jerry. The four legs, side rails, hinges, lockdown bar.

-Emerald Green Mirror effect backglass framing a commercial 26" Wells Gardner LCD monitor which will display scores, animation, movie clips, attract mode, backglass artwork and more.

-Optical non-reflective playfield glass.

-Interactive Emerald City Limited Edition Topper

-Shaker Motor

The game includes:

-Hand drawn playfield, plastic set, decal set by artist Greg Freres. Four major mechanical toys; Dorothy's Spinning House, the Witch's Castle, Flying Monkey, Melting Witch.

-Two mini playfields, three Trumper-Bumpers, one Balloon Bumper, Two magnets, One Spinning target, Crystal Ball, Rollover targets, Winkie Guard drop target, Five Bally/Williams Flippers which include Two Ruby Red Slipper Flippers. (Standard Flipper Bats Available by Request)

-Full color cabinet and backbox artwork created by artist Jerry VanderStelt will be screened on the highest grade adhesive backed vinyl and printed with UV stabilized inks.

-Digital Stereo sound system which will boom the music and effects created by SoundMaster, Chris Granner. Front of game audio connection jack for headphone/ear bud. Component audio connection jack at rear of game.

-Bally / Williams Parts

-One Year Warranty

Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game! It is the same dimensionally as a Twilight Zone.

The only way to pack all of the features and elements that the Design Team wanted to incorporate in this game was to make it a wide body game. As we all know, the size of the back box is the same for a standard or wide body Williams game so it takes up the same footprint in either model.

The best thing is that we get more room to create and you get more room to play pinball! Of the top most popular pinball machines of all-time, three are wide body games. The last wide body to be built was in 1995 with Road Show.

Jack was asked now and then these past months if the game would be a wide body and he said "I just started a pinball company. If you think I would do a wide body as our first game, you must also think I'm crazy!" Now we know.

For all of our loyal customers who have joined us on the Yellow Brick Road, we appreciate your trust and confidence in us. It is because of you that we are able to create this game and propel pinball into the next age, growing a bigger player base that will love and treasure pinball as much as we do for generations to come.

There are many more surprises about this game to be revealed. Next week, we will upload a Video Clip of Game Play on the Whitewood Playfield.

While we would like to tell you everything, it's going to be more fun to show them to you as we go along and ultimately when you open the box and setup your new game, that's the very best!

We're off to see The Wizard!

#40 12 years ago

Widebody. I am ok with that. It actually doesnt come as a surprise as there is a lot going on with this playfield.

#41 12 years ago

Great news! Was hoping for a widebody!

#42 12 years ago

Quickly becoming the greatest pinball machine ever made. Look out MM..

#43 12 years ago

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the slingshots. I can't tell from the picture if the rubbers are in the standard triangle - or if they follow the outline of the plastic. If they do follow the outline of the plastic - seems each slingshot will have two 'kickers'. ....hmmmm.....

#44 12 years ago

I did think those were strange looking slings. two kickers possibly you say, interesting..

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the slingshots.

They are regular slings, the metal on top is just large and bows out at the front, like on TSPP. If you look at them on the plans that have been released, they are regular triangular slings with one kicker.

As for it being a widebody, that really surprises me. I know there is a lot going and and maybe I should have suspected it, but I figured in this day and age, widebodies were long gone and never to be seen again.

#46 12 years ago

Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game!

Yeeeessssssss!!!!
Now can someone help me get my WOZ through the 'EFFING DOOR!!!

WOZ.jpgWOZ.jpg

Heave-Ho!

#47 12 years ago

Widebody!!! That's great....I can't wait.

#48 12 years ago

Widebody! Gotta step up the backyard man cave efforts. Like to just roll that baby in and fire it up. Navigating the front door and stairs will be a bitch. Ahhhh you gotta love it!

And yes, it will be #1 all time......sorry old schoolers

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

eeeessssssss!!!!
Now can someone help me get my WOZ through the 'EFFING DOOR!!!

It's a wide ass, bad ass pin

#50 12 years ago

I am happy to hear that WOZ is a widebody! Seems a lot more obvious now when you look at the crossing wireforms that the playfield pic was spliced together in a standard size. Plenty of room now for more goodness!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-woz-whitewood-revealed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.