(Topic ID: 315447)

"FULL TILT" - Award Winning Pinball Documentary - directed by me!

By BenW

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 2manypins
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oie_XCFsegFxIPwE (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Hi all,

New to the forums but wanted to share this passion project of mine, two years in the making. Whilst in college and looking for both inspiration and entertainment between classes, I stumbled across a friendly local arcade a mere 10 minutes from my residence. As I was starting my second year of film school at the time, I made use of the college equipment and enlisted the help of my friends to shoot a documentary piece on The Ottawa Pinball Arcade and its parent company Pinball Medics, featuring its highly engaging owner over the course of two months.

After two years on-and-off in the editing room, I was thrilled to submit the final product to several film festivals and even managed to snag a couple of awards. Very happy to now be sharing the end product with the pinball community - the process of working on this film and spending so much time in that one arcade is what transformed me from a casual pinball enthusiast to a hardcore pinball addict.

Thanks to the success of the project, I now work with Mike and his partner Rob from the Montreal office, and the three of us look forward to launching a series of media to propel the virtual presence of pinball online in new and imaginative ways. Exciting, and ultimately the product of our combined passion for the silver ball.

Please enjoy!

https://ottawapinballarcade.ca/full-tilt-award-winning-documentary-featuring-the-ottawa-pinball-arcade/

#2 1 year ago

Really nice film you created. You did a great job. Great looking arcade as well would love to visit some time!

#3 1 year ago

Fun watch, thanks for sharing

#4 1 year ago

Great video...you did a really good job.

Side note....it was bit disturbing seeing Red as a blonde.....

#5 1 year ago

Well done, your living the dream Babee!

#6 1 year ago

Fun doc, very cool. Didn't understand the " one week later" bit, didn't seem to lead to anything ( the expansion I guess? ), but always cool to see other passionate pinheads
    B

#7 1 year ago

Enjoyed watching this last night. Great job!

#8 1 year ago

BenW From the credits it looks like you composed that trak "Slam Tilt" is it available anywhere? Searched but did not find it. I'd love to add it to my juke in the home arcade. Thanks for the film

#9 1 year ago

Just finished watching.
    Very enjoyable little film and great to see people following their passion.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from polishedball:

BenW From the credits it looks like you composed that trak "Slam Tilt" is it available anywhere? Searched but did not find it. I'd love to add it to my juke in the home arcade. Thanks for the film

Ben and I are putting together a full length version of the song with an insane video so cool you had to drop a few tabs of Acid to see something like it in the MTV days.

I grew my hair back so I can add a few guitar solos and bring in some of the guys I used to play with to back up Ben's awesome keyboard and vocals.

We will share it as soon as it's ready, it's an awesome tune!

oie_XCFsegFxIPwE (resized).pngoie_XCFsegFxIPwE (resized).png
    #11 1 year ago

Great job! Loved it.

#12 1 year ago

watched last night and enjoyed, thanks for sharing

#13 1 year ago

Great doco, well done and thanks for sharing it.

#14 1 year ago

Very well done. Love the passion.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-tilt-award-winning-pinball-documentary-directed-by-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.