(Topic ID: 59378)

Full throttle

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    tt.jpg
    Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg
    Doug_Watson.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

That bottom cross section of the ramp is going to get cracked to shit in no time.

Having played the game I have to say I doubt this. The ramp seems to be sort of flexible and bouncy. Don't expect any cracks in the plastic anytime soon. The current ramp exits have the ball bounce back each shot made and that didn't lead to any cracks (yet, that I know of).

After playing a bunch of games I left about half a page of suggestions with designer Dave Sanders, most of it being minor stuff. The game was carrying a note that suggestions and comments were welcome on the forum, which is why I made the list. Dave preferred to take them with him instantly. We actually discussed them all over the weekend and he seemed pretty open to them as I think they were pretty reasonable. The game is great and I think it would improve even more with the suggestions I made. To name a few from the top of my head:
    - make the teardrop shaped ramp exits longer (as in starting earlier) so the ball will keep it's speed when dropped on the playfield. It is a speedy theme after all. That will probably also reduce long ball times.
    - change the sunbathing chick in the middle of a race track into something that gives her a more appropriate function (this was actually suggested by a well-known pinball artist who I happened to show the playfield a few months ago. His first comment: "why is that girl sunbathing in the middle of the race track? That makes no sense." So, have her wave a finish flag or something that fits in with the theme.
    - Last year, after playing the original CAH whitewood, I suggested to put in an extra exit on the ramp on the left side. That has been put in and I think it improved the game. Else each ramp shot ended in the right inlane, which got pretty boring to me after a while. I also suggested to use a Y-shaped diverter on the ramp to have even more variation in the outcome of ramp shots. Hopefully some sort of diverter will make it into the game.
    - I suggested a Cage of Death toy that could interact with a stuntmode or -target. Hit the target and the bike in the cage will spin around inside the cage. Thought it would be appropriate and fitting the theme and it seems engineer-able with a motor below the playfield. Not sure if it would add much to the gameplay, and it would probably draw too much attention to it while it would only be 1 of the skills/modes to complete in the game, but still...
    - some suggestions for the display
    - some smaller stuff not worth mentioning here (but I do hope it gets looked at).

The game is absolutely fun to flip and it can really become a great game for operators and enthusiasts.

#85 10 years ago

Sorry but that wasnt due to your suggestion.

I'm not saying it was due to my suggestion, just saying I suggested it. Mark Ritchie suggested it too.

If you mean by the chain loop the vertical supercharger (that was taken out of the game), than what I suggested is something totally different.

Since I haven't seen a good playfield photo from the game, here's one that I took friday afternoon, a day before the presentation.

Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpgHeighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm guessing the people involved feel there's enough there to get people into it, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game.

I played the whitewood of CAH last year and this version during UK PP. The playfield is fun and fast as it is and may even improve. I don't think it needed the chain drive and I understood it had quite a few gravity problems. Now that it's out who knows what will get in I thought a helmet toy might fit in with the theme, but why would you need to bash a helmet?

One of the other things I suggested: get a Motor brand as a sponsor: Honda, Ducati, Suzuki. That worked for Bally when they did Blackwater 100: all bikes pictured on the game are Suzuki's. Or they could even have various artwork packages, since the art is supposed to be easily replacable. Games at a Honda dealer have Honda's on them, at a Ducati dealer Ducati's.

Since the artwork is being discussed: why not a couple of hot female racers?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unigroove.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle?tu=unigroove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.