(Topic ID: 59378)

Full throttle

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    tt.jpg
    Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg
    Doug_Watson.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shovelhed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

Horrible art package looks second rate, with all that Stern and JJP are producing you would think he would have stepped up his game, Im sure its a fun pin but come on guys that art sucks plain and simple.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Art has improved, it seems. Previous version of Full throttle cabinet was really bad, I have to admit. They seemed to have improved it a bit.
    Interesting PF layout. Realling looking to playing it!

You call that improved, wow! just speechless, I see better art coming out of my kids elementary school.

Quoted from beatmaster:

looks promising but not sure about the slim backbox, the speaker panel needs more work/something else.
    i have to agree, artwork is a step back, feels like i'm back late 70's/early ss pin.
    but since it's a proto a lot of things could change.

I been thinking the same thing, there is no way that machine is going to sell here in the us. If he wants to succeed he is going to have to change the whole art package. Mr Nordman please talk some sense into this guy, you may not even make a game for him. As is this will be a one miss pony.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I disagree there. I have 2 friends in the U.S. that are seriously considering buying a Full Throttle as they had raced motorcycles. The theme does it for them. So just like BBB, MM, TZ, or even any of the older B/W titles, it is all preference/opinion. So if technology changes, why shouldn't the size of the backbox? Just would be a waste of wood. Though, I don't like the style right now, I'm sure it will grow on me.
    Just as anything else in life, what one person likes, another doesn't. That goes for cars/trucks as well.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what game #2 will be.

There wont be a game number 2, Pinball is now the whole package with the price the way it is, no collector is going to waste their money on this garabage looking pin. This pin could have every bell and whistle shoot flames out it ass but the art sucks and this is a major selling point to any collector. Change the art and I would be singing a different tune. Case in point is Metallica some people hate the band but cant get over how good the art is and have to have it.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

The playfield art is fine. Yes the translite needs work but kudos to heighway for having the stones to show the public a very early game. They didn't need to do that as they aren't asking for cash up front. Look at it from an objective standpoint. What's there has great potential.

Please dont get get me wrong we need all the pinball companies out there to survive, I am named Harley, I would love any motorcyle theme pin however if this is your first pinball produced and everything is rocking except the art then fix the art. You can only polish a turd so much then you have to flush and start over.

I want this company to do extremly well and I think they along with JJP are making stern raise there bar. But the art is just as important as the callouts and music do it right the first time is all I am saying.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I respect your opinion re: the artwork. We listen to feedback and make changes where we feel they are necessary. There is still a little work to be done to the artwork before it is truly finished
    I am very curious to know where your $10k price point came from. It wasn't from us.
    The U.S. retail price point is expected to be below the $6,500 mark for our Standard model. We are doing everything we can to reduce our Bill of Materials and keep the U.S. price point as low, and competitive, as possible
    Very soon, we will be announcing pricing in key territories - including the States

I am very glad you chimed in, your price of $6500 US can not compete with a woz or a metallica premium, unless you change the art. With the price of machines going up theres no way i would buy your machine over Metallica woz or predator. I do love your theme,layout and your new cab design but your art is 30-40 years old looking with all your talent I know you understand what im talking about.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

This is great news for full throttle and again Heighway pinball moving forward with experienced team members. Keep the news coming!

Very smart move and I think this will be a game changer!

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We have no plans to change the playfield art as we have generally had positive feedback to this part of the art package
    Doug is mainly doing the backglass art for Full Throttle at this point, but he will be doing full art packages for us in the future

Man, somebody quit giving these guys the bad kool aid. The play field is what I was referring about, i thought you brought Watson in to fix it. People need to quit gargling your sack and be honest the play field art sucks in this day and age. Again I fully support what your doing but to be successful in your first pin you got to hit a homerun case in point Woz. First impressions is beautiful pin all the way around and with its release now people can focus on the gameplay and code.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shovelhed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle?tu=shovelhed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.