5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinballgeek
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    tt.jpg
    Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg
    Doug_Watson.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Well, honoustly, looking at the pictures, i dont get very enthusiastic about the grafics. And then i am saying nice.

But.... Mube when you play this game, yourself, standing in front of the pin. These grafics might work. Its clear and a bit old school.

Hmmm..... Not i type this i am not even sure this makes sense. But i only want to say that sometimes on pictures a pin looks not great. But when you are playing, with al lights etc, it can look much better.

This ight be that kind of pin.

The gameplay, what i have seen so far, is in my humble opionion, much more fun then the stern pins lately.

#52 5 years ago

Don't mind the art except for that back glass (which was mentioned to be an early one), the flames from their bums kind of ruins that. It looks like a cool pin though and I like everything else on it. Any gameplay vids coming or too early?

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Don't mind the art except for that back glass (which was mentioned to be an early one), the flames from their bums kind of ruins that. It looks like a cool pin though and I like everything else on it. Any gameplay vids coming or too early?

We are currently discussing the flames...

Gameplay vids will be coming out later this week with initial footage being released by Pinball News and Pingame Journal

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I respect your opinion re: the artwork. We listen to feedback and make changes where we feel they are necessary. There is still a little work to be done to the artwork before it is truly finished
    I am very curious to know where your $10k price point came from. It wasn't from us.
    The U.S. retail price point is expected to be below the $6,500 mark for our Standard model. We are doing everything we can to reduce our Bill of Materials and keep the U.S. price point as low, and competitive, as possible
    Very soon, we will be announcing pricing in key territories - including the States

I am very glad you chimed in, your price of $6500 US can not compete with a woz or a metallica premium, unless you change the art. With the price of machines going up theres no way i would buy your machine over Metallica woz or predator. I do love your theme,layout and your new cab design but your art is 30-40 years old looking with all your talent I know you understand what im talking about.

#55 5 years ago

I respect your opinion re: the artwork. We listen to feedback and make changes where we feel they are necessary. There is still a little work to be done to the artwork before it is truly finished
    I am very curious to know where your $10k price point came from. It wasn't from us.
    The U.S. retail price point is expected to be below the $6,500 mark for our Standard model. We are doing everything we can to reduce our Bill of Materials and keep the U.S. price point as low, and competitive, as possible
    Very soon, we will be announcing pricing in key territories - including the States

Thanks for the response. And I must apologize for the $10k reference... I dont know why, but that's the price that was rattling around my head. Appreciate the reality check.

I stand by my perspective that the artwork is critical (even at the $6500 price point). Glad to hear it is still progressing.

#56 5 years ago

This would make great back box art!

image.jpg

#57 5 years ago

Or perhaps something like these??

image.jpg image.jpg

#58 5 years ago

Just seen their website has a chat forum and some updated info/pics.
    Playfield looks cool

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#59 5 years ago

I like the way the speakers are incorporated into the translite. I think the package overall looks great, the guys on the bikes probably could do with some more 3D rendering, and maybe the flames reduced to a red glow at the exhaust tip otherwise looking good. Well done.

#60 5 years ago

I am very excited about the game and these guys deserve a lot of respect. My only concern is the art which they have acknowledge is an issue and are working on it. Translite looks much better, but the play field is really bad. I was drawing better than that at 12. This is one theme where photo shopping would be a positive. You could make a real nice collage of bikes, roads, crowds and women.

#61 5 years ago

Post edited by Pinballgeek : Duplicate post

#62 5 years ago

Post edited by Pinballgeek : Duplicate post

#63 5 years ago

Andy
    I forgot to say at the show that i really enjoyed playing full throttle
    I liked the flow of the game the ramp shots weren't difficult Plus the lighting with the leds looked amazing and the goal that you win races in all the countries towards the world final

Obviously its still a prototype and things still need to be improved
    But so far you have done something great for pinball in the uk being the first company to build pinball machines in the UK and broken the boundaries introducing new technology into a pinball machine

I always thought that that woman sunbathing on the track is it necessary it seem the other biker is going to run her over but if she was standing up waving a flag fair enough it would work

Thanks for awarding me this certificate to me on sunday
    A 13 year old pinhead who is obsessed with pinball since 2005 image.jpg

#64 5 years ago

I've said before, Animal House was a much better art package! Again, a friend of mine is the SPITTING image of the girl you drew, so much so I had to show her when I first saw it.

I love the what you are trying to do though, and I've always thought the display in the PF, such as my little Night Moves, is one of the most innovating overlooked things in pinball.

#65 5 years ago

image.jpg

#66 5 years ago

Thanks for the comments - we do read them all.

We really respect Pinsiders' opinions and feedback

Pinballgeek - it was a pleasure to give you the award on Sunday - it was a great achievement

#67 5 years ago

Pinballgeek - it was a pleasure to give you the award on Sunday - it was a great achievement

Thanks

#68 5 years ago

Your team is doing a great job!! Keep up the good work. We are tough critics, but its only because we want you to thrive and survive. If you build the right kinds of machines, withe the right themes, you will be shipping containers to the USA.

#69 5 years ago

When are we going to be getting the new videos and pictures of full throttle from uk pinball party?

#70 5 years ago

This is great news for full throttle and again Heighway pinball moving forward with experienced team members. Keep the news coming!

image.jpg

#71 5 years ago

Nice addition to the team. I have a future Heighway pin in mind for my pinball savings. I probably won't be able to afford one until 2015.
    Full Throttle looks like a fun game. I actually prefer the original translite because it was the same style art as on the playfield. I don't mind the cartoon style.
    That second translite is problematic. I see the problem for the artist was how to integrate the logo with the flames to what we see going on in the rest of the scene. The choices seem to be either to change the logo i.e. remove the flames, go full cartoony with lots of flames, or keep the logo and remove the flames. But the best and last choice in my humble opinion is to change the perspective. Perhaps have the riders facing us. That way we don't have to know exactly where the flames are coming from. Just my humble thoughts.

#72 5 years ago

Congrats on Doug Watson - what an awesome pinball artist! I know that some people have said "how a pin plays is more important than how it looks"...but if you want to sell games to operators & if you want people to walk past other games to take a look at yours - it better LOOK pretty friekn awesome or fewer people will bother to find out how it actually plays.

For this realisation to occur at such a late stage seems like an extraordinary oversite.

Anyway, I love that Heighway Pinball obviously love pinball enough to have built a game...VERY COOL! GOOD LUCK, the more pins the better.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

This is great news for full throttle and again Heighway pinball moving forward with experienced team members. Keep the news coming!

Very smart move and I think this will be a game changer!

#74 5 years ago

The translite/backglass art that you have all seen is the direction we are heading in, but is not the finished version.

The intention was always that this would be a painted piece of art

We wanted to gauge public opinion before pushing ahead with the final version - which will be completed by the legendary Doug Watson in time for Pinball Expo in October

Doug_Watson.jpg

#75 5 years ago

He looks like i dont want to criticize his work face to face, haha, .

Well done guys.

I wonder, the pin full throttle will get new art on the playfield from him too? Or does he do the future games?

Keep up the good work!

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

He looks like i dont want to criticize his work face to face, haha, .
    Well done guys.
    I wonder, the pin full throttle will get new art on the playfield from him too? Or does he do the future games?
    Keep up the good work!

We have no plans to change the playfield art as we have generally had positive feedback to this part of the art package

Doug is mainly doing the backglass art for Full Throttle at this point, but he will be doing full art packages for us in the future

#77 5 years ago

We have no plans to change the playfield art as we have generally had positive feedback to this part of the art package
    Doug is mainly doing the backglass art for Full Throttle at this point, but he will be doing full art packages for us in the future

Man, somebody quit giving these guys the bad kool aid. The play field is what I was referring about, i thought you brought Watson in to fix it. People need to quit gargling your sack and be honest the play field art sucks in this day and age. Again I fully support what your doing but to be successful in your first pin you got to hit a homerun case in point Woz. First impressions is beautiful pin all the way around and with its release now people can focus on the gameplay and code.

#78 5 years ago

Ok, thanks for answering highway.

#79 5 years ago

About the bikes in the translite. In red bike under the logo silencer is next to wheel and dual canisters in both sides. In big picture there is one silencer below the seat.

Also in side art blue bike is not having silencer below the seat. In translite the blurry logo in above silencer looks quite a lot of like Honda.

If playfield art is now ready it would make sense to follow type of the bike also in the translite.

#80 5 years ago

Pinball News article is released
    http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index6.html

great idea for the US market in getting the cabinets made in the US to reduce freight costs - great idea, just need to do that for Aus as well

#81 5 years ago

Nice video in the link. Good to know the 2nd translite is only a prototype.

#82 5 years ago

I'm really impressed that this company has been putting all this together, multiple teams producing titles, a long term business plan, properly financed without deposits and crowd funding, yet we haven't heard much so far. Could be a real dark horse and throw everything on its ear.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

That bottom cross section of the ramp is going to get cracked to shit in no time.

Having played the game I have to say I doubt this. The ramp seems to be sort of flexible and bouncy. Don't expect any cracks in the plastic anytime soon. The current ramp exits have the ball bounce back each shot made and that didn't lead to any cracks (yet, that I know of).

After playing a bunch of games I left about half a page of suggestions with designer Dave Sanders, most of it being minor stuff. The game was carrying a note that suggestions and comments were welcome on the forum, which is why I made the list. Dave preferred to take them with him instantly. We actually discussed them all over the weekend and he seemed pretty open to them as I think they were pretty reasonable. The game is great and I think it would improve even more with the suggestions I made. To name a few from the top of my head:
    - make the teardrop shaped ramp exits longer (as in starting earlier) so the ball will keep it's speed when dropped on the playfield. It is a speedy theme after all. That will probably also reduce long ball times.
    - change the sunbathing chick in the middle of a race track into something that gives her a more appropriate function (this was actually suggested by a well-known pinball artist who I happened to show the playfield a few months ago. His first comment: "why is that girl sunbathing in the middle of the race track? That makes no sense." So, have her wave a finish flag or something that fits in with the theme.
    - Last year, after playing the original CAH whitewood, I suggested to put in an extra exit on the ramp on the left side. That has been put in and I think it improved the game. Else each ramp shot ended in the right inlane, which got pretty boring to me after a while. I also suggested to use a Y-shaped diverter on the ramp to have even more variation in the outcome of ramp shots. Hopefully some sort of diverter will make it into the game.
    - I suggested a Cage of Death toy that could interact with a stuntmode or -target. Hit the target and the bike in the cage will spin around inside the cage. Thought it would be appropriate and fitting the theme and it seems engineer-able with a motor below the playfield. Not sure if it would add much to the gameplay, and it would probably draw too much attention to it while it would only be 1 of the skills/modes to complete in the game, but still...
    - some suggestions for the display
    - some smaller stuff not worth mentioning here (but I do hope it gets looked at).

The game is absolutely fun to flip and it can really become a great game for operators and enthusiasts.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

- Last year, after playing the original CAH whitewood, I suggested to put in an extra exit on the ramp on the left side. That has been put in and I think it improved the game. Else each ramp shot ended in the right inlane, which got pretty boring to me after a while. I also suggested to use a Y-shaped diverter on the ramp to have even more variation in the outcome of ramp shots. Hopefully some sort of diverter will make it into the game.

Sorry but that wasnt due to your suggestion. When they wanted to change the theme I suggested a racing theme and wanted to go with XTreme Racin' Hence the X ramp. I waited on Heighway and they spent so long getting it to me that I just went ahead and did it anyway. I did design a divertor but was told that it wasn't required (you can still see the mounting points on the ramp)

Quoted from unigroove:

- I suggested a Cage of Death

Once again I came up with, and designed the chain loop as the existing cocktail shaker was redundant, pretty much your cage of death in a different form.

#85 5 years ago

Sorry but that wasnt due to your suggestion.

I'm not saying it was due to my suggestion, just saying I suggested it. Mark Ritchie suggested it too.

If you mean by the chain loop the vertical supercharger (that was taken out of the game), than what I suggested is something totally different.

Since I haven't seen a good playfield photo from the game, here's one that I took friday afternoon, a day before the presentation.

Heighway_Pinball_Full_Throttle_pg_UKPP.jpg

#86 5 years ago

When is Mark doing a new pin!? it's about time.

#87 5 years ago

so is the chain loop gone for good then? bummer.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

so is the chain loop gone for good then? bummer.

don't know, all i know is i have the design for it but the wheel mech still needs work. Basically the same mech as the spinning wheels so not much to do except make it and test it.

#89 5 years ago

Maybe Doug could run a few sketches of translite ideas and run a poll on which version is preferred to work with?

#90 5 years ago

Chain loop is out for good. The idea may have looked nice, there were many doubts about it in terms of reliability. From the few games I played the flow seems just great. But as Jonathan mentioned, the ball speeded over the ramp from left to right and bounced at the end slowing a lot back and it took it's time to get out. That spoils the game. I had an airball just jumping off the left ramp entry and it landed behind the messenger ball just left of that ramp. No protection on there. That means the operator has to take the glass off and get it out. The design of the barrier and the playfield glass within the frame needs attention. It took us less then a minute to get the ball out and another nine or ten to get the glass frame back on and the locker barrier back in place.
    On the good side: The skill shot is difficult and totaly different from what you've seen or know until now. If you push the left flipper button the revs will quickly go up into the red area. When you release the flipper button it jumps down. Now between green and red is a section yellow (or amber if you prefer). All playfield leds colo(u)r the same as where the needle is in revs. Try to launch the ball when the needle is in yellow. That part should be left as is, really new.
    Still a lot of fine tuning to be done. And for those interested, these games are designed in the first place for commercial use, a market which is lost but not yet completely.
    And with names as Doug Watson who changed the artwork for Full Throttle and not yet fixed and John Trudeau and Dennis Nordman for the next planned games it may be a better idea to support what is happening in making pins. And if you don't like what you see it may be a pity but nobody said you must buy it. We are now once again in the luxury that you can choose. Please foster that. Finally most of all, keep enjoying playing pinball, that's what it was intended for over the last sixty plus years.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

Chain loop is out for good. The idea may have looked nice, there were many doubts about it in terms of reliability. From the few games I played the flow seems just great. But as Jonathan mentioned, the ball speeded over the ramp from left to right and bounced at the end slowing a lot back and it took it's time to get out. That spoils the game. I had an airball just jumping off the left ramp entry and it landed behind the messenger ball just left of that ramp. No protection on there. That means the operator has to take the glass off and get it out. The design of the barrier and the playfield glass within the frame needs attention. It took us less then a minute to get the ball out and another nine or ten to get the glass frame back on and the locker barrier back in place.
    On the good side: The skill shot is difficult and totaly different from what you've seen or know until now. If you push the left flipper button the revs will quickly go up into the red area. When you release the flipper button it jumps down. Now between green and red is a section yellow (or amber if you prefer). All playfield leds colo(u)r the same as where the needle is in revs. Try to launch the ball when the needle is in yellow. That part should be left as is, really new.
    Still a lot of fine tuning to be done. And for those interested, these games are designed in the first place for commercial use, a market which is lost but not yet completely.
    And with names as Doug Watson who changed the artwork for Full Throttle and not yet fixed and John Trudeau and Dennis Nordman for the next planned games it may be a better idea to support what is happening in making pins. And if you don't like what you see it may be a pity but nobody said you must buy it. We are now once again in the luxury that you can choose. Please foster that. Finally most of all, keep enjoying playing pinball, that's what it was intended for over the last sixty plus years.

thanks for sharing and agree with comments

#92 5 years ago

People need to quit gargling your sack and be honest the play field art sucks in this day and age.

totally agree.
    Mr Heighway, you can start hating me for writing this, but the art of the whole machine really really sucks! Whoever told you that the art is good is lying to you or simply cannot tell the difference.
    The game seems that will be a blast, but i would never ever buy this game just because the art is horrendus.
    Look at this art from Sciotti as a reference for something cool and powerful (it is from 1983! 30 years old!)

tt.jpg

#93 5 years ago

i was it was just me, Art work is woeful

#94 5 years ago

I'm really looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage, because I'd like to get an idea of what the game is, how it plays, how is it going to make money on location and attract a new audience. It lost a large toy with the chain drive, I'm guessing the people involved feel there's enough there to get people into it, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game.

#95 5 years ago

I would like to make a suggestion re the Art.

The iconic images of Superbikes and 500s is always the front on shot of the rider hitting the corner, leg down, off the bike. Rather than from behind.

I did a few quick image searches. I didn't find the shot I was searching for but these few are similar.

If I find the pic I am looking for, I'll post it up.

image.jpg image.jpg

#96 5 years ago

Yeah, here we go. This is what I was looking for.

Front on
    Big lean on
    Knees scraping the ground
    Slight step out from the back wheels
    Second place right up the guys ass
    Winner!

image.jpg image.jpg

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm guessing the people involved feel there's enough there to get people into it, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game.

I played the whitewood of CAH last year and this version during UK PP. The playfield is fun and fast as it is and may even improve. I don't think it needed the chain drive and I understood it had quite a few gravity problems. Now that it's out who knows what will get in I thought a helmet toy might fit in with the theme, but why would you need to bash a helmet?

One of the other things I suggested: get a Motor brand as a sponsor: Honda, Ducati, Suzuki. That worked for Bally when they did Blackwater 100: all bikes pictured on the game are Suzuki's. Or they could even have various artwork packages, since the art is supposed to be easily replacable. Games at a Honda dealer have Honda's on them, at a Ducati dealer Ducati's.

Since the artwork is being discussed: why not a couple of hot female racers?

#98 5 years ago

i thought the 'rings of fire' translite looked pretty funny..

regards to all

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Since the artwork is being discussed: why not a couple of hot female racers?

Hot chicks on Pinball, been proven, it will never work

#100 5 years ago

I took this from the video on pinball news, only shows a second or 2 of screen footage but looks cool. Hope to see more soon

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 259.99
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside