Quoted from shaneo:
I'm running 1.2.
I'd like the Utilite's OS setup by default to allow some remote diagnostics and have the ability to auto update if you choose.
Mine grabs a DHCP address when it's switched on.
I'd also like user access to the Utilite to access logs and do initial troubleshooting.
The OP hit the nail on the head with octane targets really needing a sound bite to indicate when they are hit and also recognizeable callouts for the modes.
I would like more smart alec calls from Valentino and more from the err, pit crew.
The music is killer - I'd like a few more tracks from the band. Redline are a very tight band.
On the wish list too is a different exhaust note for challenges such as motocross.
I see you have played this game a fair amount, you make several great points.
1) OCTANE: As others have said, it needs some cool sound FX.
2) Combo Call Outs: These are missing from the game, they are a must have!
3) Moto-Cross Sound FX: Currently this sounds like a fart. This needs to be updated. I want to hear a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.
4) Insert Lights: They blink too much. It feels like I'm in attract mode when I'm playing sometimes. I don't mind an insert blinking saying "shoot here", but that's not the case, it feels too random.
5) "Fast Lap": what does this insert do?
6) Spinning Bike Wheels: Turn them off during ball launch. When I launch a ball, alot of the time it will come flying around the orbit heading right at the left flipper, then hit the spinning bike wheel & go sdtm. Maybe a 3 second delay or something?
7) Animations: Just add more. What's there is good, we just need more. When I hit a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool, with appropriate sound FX. Hit the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When you drain a ball, show a bike crashing, etc. etc.
8) Redline: "I got a fever, & the only prescription is more cowbell!" I mean, more Redline. Please add some more tracks.
9) Races: Make them more important/worth more. I avoid the scoop like it's the plague! Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races. I seen a PAPA video where the competitors were timing out the modes. I would like to see each shot worth more, or after completing say 2 Races with an overall finish of 2nd or higher you get a multi-ball, or earn a multiplier, etc.
Overall the code is very solid, & this pin is a blast to play. But these items should be addressed, & it would take this pin to the next level of fun. To be honest, I think they would be easy to do, & the payoff would be huge.
Just my $.02