Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (7 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (7 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (7 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I want to here a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.

4 strokes sound more like farts I think...though too much 2 stroke sound might get a little grating.

#15 7 years ago

Like it! Add some animations showing sponsors..."Heighway Motor Oil"

3 months later
#58 7 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

More vo "how 'bout takin' me for a ride big boy"

uggh...I'd delete that if I were able...worst part of the game for me. Talk about cheese.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

None of us believe sexism is acceptable, but lets be able to laugh at ourselves, and the absurdity of what once was the norm once in a while eh?

I want to play pinball, not explain the intricacies of sexism to my 10 and under children(imagine that conversation with my daughter--see it's called sexual innuendo, it has a double meaning--you can have sex with her/ride the bike/play pinball--all means the same thing!! Get it honey?)...and new players will think it's still "the norm" and not get the joke, if, in fact it is a joke which I'm not conviced of.

How exactly do you go about replacing a file?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

A lot of games have this already.

Alien is supposed to have family mode so they are capable...it's not a huge problem, I just don't like those lines in general.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

If you don't like the game and it's humor - why did you buy it?

Riiiiiiiiiight....because I said I don't like "the game"...this is the internet in a nutshell. A couple lines in the attract mode hardly represent the entire game, no? It's OK to give an honest opinion of something isn't it? Really, not a big deal.

#74 7 years ago

so having opinions about call outs is being too sensitive..O......K.

How about we all agree that a bit of customization would be cool in the menu in terms of attract mode? That prevent a bunch of horseshit comparisons and hyperbole from being thrown around?

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its ok to be offended by something

Right, got it. Thanks for explaining that.

I am not offended...I don't put clothes on nude works of art or anything like that, I just think it's cheesy, not funny, and serves zero purpose being in the game. It's not EATPM or Hardbody, it's a motorcycle racing theme. Again, just a small point, not a big deal but if I could easily change it I would...I was just responding to someone saying they wanted MORE of that type of voice over.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

It's motorcycle racing....It's the perfect place for those types of things...

Let's just agree that "debating" on the internet is essentially pointless

More options in the menu for adjusting things is always a positive as it allows for larger audience...but someone will disagree with that and make some specious argument so whatever. go pinball. yay.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Add another ball into play every time you move ahead in the race.

That's great! Also the ball save +++

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You must be one of those parents who over shield their kids from life.

There's the ignore button!

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Add another ball into play every time you move ahead in the race. Then when the race was over the flippers go dead and another ball is launched back into normal play.

Just played a couple games...still thinking this is a great fix for the avoid the races syndrome. It would build excitement and make it worthwhile to go for the shots.

That and explain why the multiball auto launches fire down the middle but the initial plunges don't and I'll be happy...regardless of the call outs.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the game is already so MB heavy.

true...even a First place multiball or extra ball for first would be something

1 week later
#104 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game

I'll beta test...we could all give feedback as long as we have access to the original code to put back in place

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Especially during spelling octane and high octane mode I find it either out of place or way too powerfull.

I thought that wasn't even supported yet? I have mine unhooked.

3 weeks later
#111 7 years ago

got an email update:

Full Throttle Software 1.41 is here!

*Please note, if your game has less than 1.2, please contact us first.

Please download from the following link and follow the instructions in the attachment.

#112 7 years ago

Installed update...pull usb with game off, unzip/copy/paste new files into usb after formatting it. Took just a few minutes.

1. Stronger flippers
2. Stronger pop bumpers
3. Improved shaker motor control
4. Improved fibre optic lighting control

Pops seem much more powerful, flippers a bit, didn't notice change in fiber optics, plugged in shaker for first time and thought there was an earthquake. I'll have to research cointaker on how to turn that down a bit.

I only had time for 2 games though. Will try and play more tonight.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Another 'strange' thing is that I could not update my IO boards to 1.41 but only downgrade them! to 1.3.
See screenshot:

that was in the pdf, said to just keep what you have if it's greater. Mine are 1.4 so that must be latest

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Hope I get an email with the code update . Seeing as I bought it in Canada , I'm not sure that heighway has me email . They need to put a link on their main website .

email support. I would give link but there is a service bulletin that comes in the email so you don't screw up everything

basically, wipe usb by formatting w fat32, copy paste unzipped files, plug back in, turn game on and it restarts a few times and done. The I/O boards can be updated but you could accidentally downgrade them if you do it wrong.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Hey guys, I created all the audio and animations for Full Throttle, as well as co-writing the rules and voicing the race announcer in the game. We are working flat out on Alien at the moment but we are still committed to updating Full Throttle as often as we can. I've already created new animamtions for the game, improved some of the audio and we're working on improving the rules to add more structure and balance to the game.
I am interested to hear your ideas so keep them coming.

Great!

1 month later
#123 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Anyone else feel like the ball pauses in the scoop too long. like the game needs to think for a few seconds before it pops it out ?

it is a bit of a pause...if you hit the flippers it will skip any call-outs and launch out quicker, but it does take a bit either way.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

the CPU upgrade program?

bit concerned about that myself

4 weeks later
#132 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Any luck on turning down the shaker?

That's on my pinball "to do" list

2 months later
#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Help anyone that has done this?

I updated mine months ago. I think I used the stick in the game and it had to be reformatted first?

Did you get the service bulletin with the step by step instructions? It was attached to the email with the zip link.

3 months later
#142 6 years ago

pm me your email and I will forward link w/pdf file instructions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.