Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (7 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (7 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (7 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

yup, really cool idea!

It will need some tweaking to fully intergrate and not unbalance the game in the other direction, but on the right track.

It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from mveightball:

I have been having issues during multiplayer games where the scores are not all shown at the end of the game. This seems to be a random occurrence, but is causing a major headache for the league.

We have experienced this also.

Very intermittent and only happens once in a while. Unable to determine what causes it.

2 months later
#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I find the pinball demographic is mostly hetero men

funny I find a large portion of the pinball population to actually be a well representation of the entire spectrum.

(lots still in the closet though)

1 week later
#91 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I like the idea of the races as they stand. I like color coded shots. Passing competitors and working your way up the leaderboard. I'd not want to see the Races turn into more multiballs, since the game is already so MB heavy.
So the question then becomes how to weight the races to better reward players for doing them. Just my opinion.

I would like races to impact your jackpot value when in mutiball.
I also think races could be used to bump the pf multiplier level or time allowed for multiplier. (5 sec more for silver?; 5 sec and one level for gold?).
This would influence players to play through and do well in races.

To me this game is really built around the idea of starting all the multiballs at once currently and that aspect of the game is REALLY good.
I think what I dislike about the races is that they lock you in and all feel very similar.

The races need something to make them all fee like different modes (rather than just different shots). Would be cool to see things like "pulse" only flippers. Need to press the button twice to flip once. Inverted pulse (puch the button to drop the flipper). Combo awards in races.

The game needs more player clues as to what is going on. I still watch new players put up 20 games and have no real idea of strategy. That is the games fault and not the players. A good game is intuitive enough that people pick up a general strategy after a few games and then refine it over time.

#92 7 years ago

Most importantly I would like some sort of indication that code is coming and WHEN!

I can say that without a doubt I will not be buying Aliens unless I see code progression on FullT. I will also be sure others that are thinking on Aliens but are not familiar with FullT are aware of the code situation.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew was clear in another thread that it's all-hands on Alien until that is done, then they can return to Full Throttle for a revisit.

I had not seen that. I would still like some solid communication (should be easy enough to email blast all the current owners; and good marketing for your upcoming game) and commitment to the code. I really like FullT but I provided over 2 pages of bugs and needed tweaks months ago. I was told they were going to be discussed and implemented (along with a few other things) and then radio silence.

I can completely understand they are busy with Aliens. Just want the good communication around FullT.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the post:

I guess the main take away is they will return to it.

thanks and good to know.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I will add that although I am quite busy with Alien at the moment, I have been thinking about Full Throttle updates and paying attention to this thread. I have a queue of several rules changes, some of which are already fully coded. It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game. And not all related to races - there are other areas that I want to improve too.
It will happen.

are you the lead code on FullT now?

3 weeks later
#121 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Hey guys, I created all the audio and animations for Full Throttle, as well as co-writing the rules and voicing the race announcer in the game. We are working flat out on Alien at the moment but we are still committed to updating Full Throttle as often as we can. I've already created new animamtions for the game, improved some of the audio and we're working on improving the rules to add more structure and balance to the game.
I am interested to hear your ideas so keep them coming.

great news! I think most of the current good suggestions have been summarized in the thread thus far.

1 month later
#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Did anyone that attended Expo find out any details about the CPU upgrade program?

I was told >>They have some things to work out but it is all in hand. Just paraphrasing.

They are focused on Aliens for the near future (as expected). My understanding is that once things get to production then they will be shifting back to FullT for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.