Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by earflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (3 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (3 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (2 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

The purpose of this thread is to give feedback of the current software version you are running on your Full Throttle pin.

What do you like about it, what bugs did you encounter and what would you like to see in future software updates.

Please be specific in your comments and mention the software version you are running at the moment.

When we have collected enough feedback I will bundle all the information end send it to Heighway for evaluation.

So, your feedback is much appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs

Race modes
- [1.3] Russia: flag in wrong colors in pop bumpers and GI -> White\Green (should be: White\Blue\Red)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted

Overall Animations
- [1.2] Add more animations.
For example: When hitting a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool. Hitting the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When the ball is drained show a bike crashing etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Sound
- [1.2] Recognizable call outs for all modes
- [1.2] More call outs from the pit crew
- [1.2] Add more tracks from Redline
- [1.2] Combo call outs

Overall Lightning
- [1.2] Remove random blinking of inserts

Race modes
- [1.3] Pop bumpers showing looping red leds and displaying green leds in sync with the traffic light animation
- [1.2] Make them more important/worth more. Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races
- [1.2] Instant rewards for races

Here are just a few ideas:
Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

- [1.3] Race rewards
Perhaps when the ball enters the scoop, before the race starts the player has a few seconds with the left or right flipper to choose which reward the race can give them; gears (+1 / +2 / +3) or sponsorship (+3% / +5% / +10%). This would open up a whole lot more potential strategy, as well as quick decisions based on the style of play and how well the player is doing.

[1.3] Races reward
It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls

World Champion mode
[1.3] Overall this mode seems a bit unfinished. Would like:
- [1.3] Better composed dashboard
- [1.3] Better animations
- [1.3] Call outs when hitting jackpot

Challenge modes
- [1.3] Motor Cross: Better sound effect

Pop Bumpers
- [1.3] Animations
- [1.3] Sound when pomp bumper is hit

Octane targets
- [1.3] Sound effect when hitting target

High Octane mode
- [1.3] At mode start Info indicating what to shoot for

Valentino
- [1.2] More smart alec calls

Spinning bike wheels
- [1.2] Turn spinning wheels of during ball launch to avoid unnecessary ball drains.
Maybe implement a 3 second delay

Menu\Game code
- [1.2] Allow remote diagnostics through Utilite pc
- [1.2] Ability to choose for an auto update of the software
- [1.3] Have the option that can be enabled from the menu to enter your name at the beginning of a game
That name will be used in races and if achieved a highscore
- [1.3] Make a ‘Pinball Browser' available to allow customers to create soundpacks and animations which the community can share
- [1.41] Add setting that allows to control the strength of the shaker motor

Overall Rules

Maybe it is an idea to add seasons. When you have completed 'World Champion' or 'Final Challenge' mode a new season starts were you get for example:
A faster bike:
- That makes the gear revs grow faster
- Gives you a small amount of extra time to complete a mode (because your bike has a higher top speed)
- Gives you a continues bonus multiplier for the rest of the game

Race mode adjustment:
- When making a 'blue arrow' shot in a new season you are not thrown back a place, but instead
the flippers are inverted until you make a good red shot
or
No hold flippers, kind of like no brakes till you get your place back.

Better Pit Crew
- That can supply upgrades (that give in game benefits) to your bike in a to be defined mode

Make teams available which do have there own pro and cons (faster or slower bike, more skilled pit crew etc.) and this will be reflected on the performance in the game. A team can be selected at the start of the game.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Do you have an opinion? Perhaps get the discussion started.

Good point. Yes I have, but to general at the moment I have to work out the details. You can get an impression here though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline#post-2799959

Some details are now added to my starting post.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

I'm running 1.2.
I'd like the Utilite's OS setup by default to allow some remote diagnostics and have the ability to auto update if you choose.
Mine grabs a DHCP address when it's switched on.
I'd also like user access to the Utilite to access logs and do initial troubleshooting.
The OP hit the nail on the head with octane targets really needing a sound bite to indicate when they are hit and also recognizeable callouts for the modes.
I would like more smart alec calls from Valentino and more from the err, pit crew.
The music is killer - I'd like a few more tracks from the band. Redline are a very tight band.
On the wish list too is a different exhaust note for challenges such as motocross.

Thanks.

Feedback processed in overall overview in first post of this thread.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Shaneo,
I see you have played this game a fair amount, you make several great points.
1) OCTANE: As others have said, it needs some cool sound FX.
2) Combo Call Outs: These are missing from the game, they are a must have!
3) Moto-Cross Sound FX: Currently this sounds like a fart. This needs to be updated. I want to here a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.
4) Insert Lights: They blink too much. It feels like I'm in attract mode when I'm playing sometimes. I don't mind an insert blinking saying "shoot here", but that's not the case, it feels too random.
5) "Fast Lap": what does this insert do?
6) Spinning Bike Wheels: Turn them off during ball launch. When I launch a ball, alot of the time it will come flying around the orbit heading right at the left flipper, then hit the spinning bike wheel & go sdtm. Maybe a 3 second delay or something?
7) Animations: Just add more. What's there is good, we just need more. When I hit a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool, with appropriate sound FX. Hit the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When you drain a ball, show a bike crashing, etc. etc.
Redline: "I got a fever, & the only prescription is more cowbell!" I mean, more Redline. Please add some more tracks.
9) Races: Make them more important/worth more. I avoid the scoop like it's the plague! Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races. I seen a PAPA video where the competitors were timing out the modes. I would like to see each shot worth more, or after completing say 2 Races with an overall finish of 2nd or higher you get a multi-ball, or earn a multiplier, etc.
Overall the code is very solid, & this pin is a blast to play. But these items should be addressed, & it would take this pin to the next level of fun. To be honest, I think they would be easy to do, & the payoff would be huge.
Just my $.02

Thanks.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

This is a rule idea for the races that I had a while back to make them more valuable as you do better with them: sponsorship points, similar to 'tips' in Diner. Each race that you place third or better in attracts more sponsors that inrease the net worth of your racing career, expressed as a percentage (eg., +2% for third, +3% for second, +5% for first). At the very end of the game, after the last ball drains, the sponsorship points are tallied into a special one-off percentage bonus of your entire game's score, that's then added on. Victory in a tournament could be possible to pull off at the very last moment with this bonus, which by definition stacks with *everything* else in the entire game.
Any thoughts?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Like it! Add some animations showing sponsors..."Heighway Motor Oil"

This is also my thinking as well, behind the 'sponsorship' idea. If the races only affect other races, and people are inclined to skip them anyway, there's no additional incentive to play them. If, however the races enhance the value of *everything* to a degree, the dominant strategy for expert players becomes to perform well more evenly across the entire game, in order to maximize the score potential.

Yes, please

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Lots of great ideas here. How about giving some extra awards for winning a race. The sponsorship idea sounds cool but there is nothing like an instant reward
Here are just a few ideas:
Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

Thanks.

#28 3 years ago

Gears for races is an idea I like a lot. Keep it simple: +1 gear for third, +2 gears for second, +3 gears for first.
Perhaps when the ball enters the scoop, before the race starts the player has a few seconds with the left or right flipper to choose which reward the race can give them; gears (+1 / +2 / +3) or sponsorship (+3% / +5% / +10%). This would open up a whole lot more potential strategy, as well as quick decisions based on the style of play and how well the player is doing.

Thanks for the interaction, much appreciated.

And keep those ideas coming

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls.

Thanks

Added to the list.

#33 3 years ago

Maybe it is an idea to add seasons. When you have completed 'World Champion' or 'Final Challenge' mode a new season starts were you get for example:

A faster bike:
- That makes the gear revs grow faster
- Gives you a small amount of extra time to complete a mode (because your bike has a higher top speed)
- Gives you a continues bonus multiplier for the rest of the game

Race mode adjustment:
- When making a 'blue arrow' shot in a new season you are not thrown back a place, but instead
the flippers are inverted until you make a good red shot

Better Pit Crew
- That can supply upgrades (that give in game benefits) to your bike in a to be defined mode

#34 3 years ago

Or....but this is a lot more work and has higher impact on the overall rule design:

- Make teams available which do have there own pro and cons (faster or slower bike, more skilled
pit crew etc.) and this will be reflected on the performance in the game. A team can be selected at the start of the game.

It would also be nice if you have the option that can be enabled from the menu to:
- Enter your name at the beginning of a game. That name will be used in races and if achieved a highscore

#38 3 years ago

Looks like we already have collected some nice features

2 weeks later
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

May have found a bug. I locked 2 balls for multiball, and heard the audible callout 'one more for multiball'. As the ball was coming of out the scoop, it managed to bounce back right in and that started multiball (as opposed to hitting the garage shot to lock).

What software version are you running?
I will try to reproduce this.

2 months later
#86 3 years ago

Guys please, can we go on topic again.

Any good ideas are appreciated and captured in the first post in this thread.

I have spoken to Andrew and when the second development team will be installed (will happen soon) their might be some time for Full Throttle updates. Heighway is aware of this thread and will possibly address some of the feedback given here.

But if this thread gets a mess you might guess what happens.

We already have collected some great feedback. So keep those good ideas coming

Thank you!

1 week later
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the post:

I guess the main take away is they will return to it.

Andrew told me recently that all resources are assigned to Alien. Soon a second development team will be installed as Heighway wants to be able to develop two games at the same time.

Andrew said this also meant that there will be time for Full Throttle then and that they are following the feedback given in this thread.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I will add that although I am quite busy with Alien at the moment, I have been thinking about Full Throttle updates and paying attention to this thread. I have a queue of several rules changes, some of which are already fully coded. It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game. And not all related to races - there are other areas that I want to improve too.
It will happen.

Hi Brian, can you tell If the code for the shaker motor will also be addressed? To be honest I have the shaker disabled at the moment as I find the code not that well integrated with the rest of the game. Especially during spelling octane and high octane mode I find it either out of place or way too powerfull.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I thought that wasn't even supported yet? I have mine unhooked.

It is supported as of software version 1.40

Please leave it unhooked if you are not running 1.40 otherwise your pin can start behaving quite strange. I accidentally hooked it up when I had 1.30 installed and that caused the flippers not to work anymore.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

1.40? I am still using 1.20. Is there much added or fixed since 1.20 or is it mainly Shaker and fiber optics?

As far as I know:

1.30 minor fixes and additional screen support
1.40 support for shaker motor and fiber optics

3 weeks later
#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Installed update...pull usb with game off, unzip/copy/paste new files into usb after formatting it. Took just a few minutes.
1. Stronger flippers
2. Stronger pop bumpers
3. Improved shaker motor control
4. Improved fibre optic lighting control
Pops seem much more powerful, flippers a bit, didn't notice change in fiber optics, plugged in shaker for first time and thought there was an earthquake. I'll have to research cointaker on how to turn that down a bit.
I only had time for 2 games though. Will try and play more tonight.

Do have it for a while also. Went from 1.4 to 1.41:

1> do not notice any difference
2> do not notice any difference
3> Cannot find anything in the menu that controls the shaker motor (except for turning it on\off but that was already there)
4> Do not have fibre optic lightning

Another 'strange' thing is that I could not update my IO boards to 1.41 but only downgrade them! to 1.3.
See screenshot:

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Hey guys, I created all the audio and animations for Full Throttle, as well as co-writing the rules and voicing the race announcer in the game. We are working flat out on Alien at the moment but we are still committed to updating Full Throttle as often as we can. I've already created new animamtions for the game, improved some of the audio and we're working on improving the rules to add more structure and balance to the game.
I am interested to hear your ideas so keep them coming.

Thanks for the involvement. Much appreciated.

1 month later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Any luck on turning down the shaker? Mine keeps shaking molex connectors loose. I opened the red box and changed the counterweight to the hole nearer the center, but it still is registering on the Richter scale at the University of Chicago. Is there a software adjustment?

Not that I am aware of. As of version 1.41 it is stated 'Improved shaker motor control' but the only setting available from the menu is to turn the shaker on or off. Added 'Menu option for setting shaker motor strength' to wishlist.

Mine is off because I do not find that the shaker is well integrated in the rules. Hope this will change in a future update.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Any luck on turning down the shaker? Mine keeps shaking molex connectors loose. I opened the red box and changed the counterweight to the hole nearer the center, but it still is registering on the Richter scale at the University of Chicago. Is there a software adjustment?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's on my pinball "to do" list

Here is a hardware fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor

Do not know if it can be implemented on a Heighway pin.

2 months later
#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks for the reply.
I recently got the bulletin from Andrew directly. Somehow, I was never registered with Heighway. When I unzipped the 1.41 file, it did not look like the suggested files. I had about 4 of the dozen or so in the picture.
If you or anyone has that file and wouldn't mind sending it to me by Dropbox or whatever, I would really appreciate it.
A few notes.
I did use a different stick, but formatted it excactly as shown. Could that be a problem?
When I checked the stick included on the game, it only showed the minimal files as on my 1.41., but in an earlier version.

PM send with link to code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 24.00
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside