Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by earflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (3 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (3 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (3 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (3 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

Lots of great ideas here. How about giving some extra awards for winning a race. The sponsorship idea sounds cool but there is nothing like an instant reward

Here are just a few ideas:

Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

2 weeks later
#45 3 years ago

One thing that has not been addressed is the main multiball (and also the wizard modes)

All though it is ok in it's currant state, I find it a little uninspiring. Maybe there is more to it than I have seen.

An add a ball or extra ball feature would help a little. The scoop or captive ball could be used for this

Maybe make the super do something special to keep it more apart from the regular jackpots and to make it worth going for, except more points.

Or at least add some more speech to the multiball.

Example: -Super jackpot is ready, -Compliments if you hit a certain number of jackpots, etc.

The only call-outs in 1.20 is Jackpot and super-jackpot, with very little animation also.

I prefer multiballs with a little story to them, but it does not have to have that to be fun. But it has to have something.

I like the scoring progression in it though, and the opening animation

The same goes for the 2 wizard modes. No new music, no call-outs, very little animation but at least you do not start those too often.

Probably to late for most of my wishes, but a few call-outs to make the player feel like they are being awarded, would go a long way

Another thing, is there only 3 songs in gameplay? (races, multiball and main play/(instrumental) challenges(same with vocal)

Some new music in red mist, world champion or Final challange would help those stand apart more.

Ok, sorry programmers. All this sounds worse than it actually is

The game is already plenty of fun and has some great, innovative rules but this is a code wish list after all

#53 3 years ago

Any big changes from 1.20 to 1.30?

I am still using 1.20. Think they needed to check a few things regarding updating from 1.10 (that I had) before I was allowed to jump to 1.30

2 months later
#65 3 years ago

Nothing new here from me, but nothing wrong with saying things again either

The most important stuff for me is more sfx for hitting stuff and making the races a little more interesting to go for (adding awards)

Also, the main multiball could use a little bit more rules or rewards. (I like that it has values based on the races but just hitting all the shots once, then repeat is a little boring) things like add a ball or extra ball would also help here but mixing up what you need to shoot for would make it far more interesting.

I would like like some more callouts and sounds in the Main multiball and the 2 wizard modes and Red Mist. The road to them is just fine but the award for getting there is a little uninspiring. (love the intro with the medals, though)

This all might sound like huge amount of work, but just a few small adjustments would go a long way. The rules for the modes (races and challenges) is already good and don't need anything added

2 weeks later
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like races to impact your jackpot value when in mutiball.

I believe this is already in there?

The answer to all race questions is instant rewards for winning. If the rewards are good enough, it will be much more satisfying to go for a win.

#107 3 years ago

1.40? I am still using 1.20. Is there much added or fixed since 1.20 or is it mainly Shaker and fiber optics?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Boards
AMCO
$ 20.00
$ 25.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 229.99
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,000.00
$ 19.95
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside