Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (7 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (7 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (7 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

9) Races: Make them more important/worth more. I avoid the scoop like it's the plague! Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races. I seen a PAPA video where the competitors were timing out the modes. I would like to see each shot worth more, or after completing say 2 Races with an overall finish of 2nd or higher you get a multi-ball, or earn a multiplier, etc.

I have to agree, I've been avoiding Races completely. They need to be juiced up.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

This is something that I gave a LOT of thought to. I disagree that races are worthless. Could they be worth more without disrupting the rest of the game's balance? Maybe.

Thanks for stopping in the thread, Brian. If the real-world anecdotal feedback is Races are being skipped, then I'd suggest revisiting them, but I know some things are easier said than done.

3 months later
#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

uggh...I'd delete that if I were able...worst part of the game for me. Talk about cheese.

I have to agree. As someone that hosts a women's league, and has women players regularly over, that line is a throwback to a past history, not for a "new" pinball. Does nothing to attract demographics beyond the hardcore pinhead types. I'd like it excised myself, or an option to drop it.

#88 7 years ago

I like the idea of the races as they stand. I like color coded shots. Passing competitors and working your way up the leaderboard. I'd not want to see the Races turn into more multiballs, since the game is already so MB heavy.

So the question then becomes how to weight the races to better reward players for doing them. Just my opinion.

1 week later
#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most importantly I would like some sort of indication that code is coming and WHEN!

Andrew was clear in another thread that it's all-hands on Alien until that is done, then they can return to Full Throttle for a revisit. They don't have the people, and to be fair, when Stern releases later updates (beyond the launch window), it is usually a year later, after the game has had some time to mature for a while.

It's not like the races are missing from the game, and Brian has spoken in defense of them, so they are his vision. Obviously now that they are getting real world feedback about how people actually play the game they can take that into account but that takes time as well.

#96 7 years ago

Found the post:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

I guess the main take away is they will return to it.

#99 7 years ago

And logically, the market for Full Throttle will continue to grow as the company produces more pinball titles, as future title owners may want to buy additional playfields for their cabinet. So I would say Heighway has more motivation than most to make sure older titles are well supported and well reviewed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.