Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by earflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (3 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (3 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (3 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (3 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (3 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 2 years ago

Just bought a NIB Full Throttle and excited to join the Club. What a great game! A few more unique call outs, songs and videos would make this game sooo much cooler. I too add to the vote of making these things a reality...fingers crossed.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I updated mine months ago. I think I used the stick in the game and it had to be reformatted first?
Did you get the service bulletin with the step by step instructions? It was attached to the email with the zip link.

How can I get hold of the latest code? Do I have to reach out to Heigway Pinball?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Race modes
- [1.3] Pop bumpers showing looping red leds and displaying green leds in sync with the traffic light animation
- [1.2] Make them more important/worth more. Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races
- [1.2] Instant rewards for races
Here are just a few ideas:
Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

I've been reading the threads and trying to keep everybody's comments in mind before doubling up and adding to the confusion. However, there's one thing especially that I feel the Race feature is missing. I would like the ability to turn on a Ball Save for a period of time when each Race starts...maybe not for Grand Champion but the rest. Leave the timer running when the ball drains as a bit of penalty for draining. To me there are 2 ways to play the game, get the MB's or Race. There is no way, at least in our house, that we can achieve everything...especially finishing all the Races...that alone is like a Super Wizard Mode! I've actually had to change it to a 5 Ball game just to come close. Set it up more like Champion Pub where you can just have fun trying to achieve winning the Race without fear of draining...it's hard enough just getting a new Race started. And like others have said, put more emphasis on scoring in the Races...for winning a Race or higher scores for your placement in the Race for instance.

I also like the comments about changing up each Race to mean something different. Maybe we can apply some of those items we collect (boots, etc) to mean more by hitting the Launch button during a race to do something (light all arrows red for instance)? But more importantly, it would be nice to see a Race in a different country getting different rewards. Or, just thought of this, hit the scoop during a race and hold the ball while you select which item you want to use to help you in the race. If executed well, a person would be excited about seeing certain new races coming up as there might be a Reward you're looking for? Heck, I might just play the Races exclusively then? Further, have different music and animations that resemble the country during each race (preferably with good looking girls...lol). You guys really have something here...let's rock these great sounding speakers and gorgeous LCD panel!

Maybe this could be a setting...have the ability after a race to have a champagne bottle pop, turn off the flippers, let the ball drain and watch a cool celebration on the screen (or be heckled if you don't place). When it's all done, automatically launch the ball into the pop bumpers and build your Gears again. Building the gears is a great feature but I find I don't get the ball up to the pop bumpers very often...this would help. It would also give people a lot of incentive to play the races...which is what I think this game really represents.

Lastly, (probably not...lol), I really like how Aerosmith gives you the ability to make the right Outlane a save opportunity by hitting a shot on the playfield. Perhaps we could make the Special light a Save opportunity by hitting something on the playfield...completing OCTANE or better yet, by placing 1st in a Race mode? I've choked that lane down as much as I could but it's still a drain monster. I've tried adjusting the settings to make Special come on an often as I can but it's not really what I think it could be. Same goes for the left middle lane.

That's it...I'm done...fingers crossed. BTW, GREAT job on this game so far...my favorite!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider earflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside