• Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

Thank you, that is very encouraging news. My Full Throttle LE should be delivered in two weeks or so.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I will add that although I am quite busy with Alien at the moment, I have been thinking about Full Throttle updates and paying attention to this thread. I have a queue of several rules changes, some of which are already fully coded. It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game. And not all related to races - there are other areas that I want to improve too.
It will happen.

are you the lead code on FullT now?

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

I will add that although I am quite busy with Alien at the moment, I have been thinking about Full Throttle updates and paying attention to this thread. I have a queue of several rules changes, some of which are already fully coded. It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game. And not all related to races - there are other areas that I want to improve too.
It will happen.

Hi Brian, can you tell If the code for the shaker motor will also be addressed? To be honest I have the shaker disabled at the moment as I find the code not that well integrated with the rest of the game. Especially during spelling octane and high octane mode I find it either out of place or way too powerfull.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game

I'll beta test...we could all give feedback as long as we have access to the original code to put back in place

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Especially during spelling octane and high octane mode I find it either out of place or way too powerfull.

I thought that wasn't even supported yet? I have mine unhooked.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I thought that wasn't even supported yet? I have mine unhooked.

It is supported as of software version 1.40

Please leave it unhooked if you are not running 1.40 otherwise your pin can start behaving quite strange. I accidentally hooked it up when I had 1.30 installed and that caused the flippers not to work anymore.

#107 7 years ago

1.40? I am still using 1.20. Is there much added or fixed since 1.20 or is it mainly Shaker and fiber optics?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

1.40? I am still using 1.20. Is there much added or fixed since 1.20 or is it mainly Shaker and fiber optics?

As far as I know:

1.30 minor fixes and additional screen support
1.40 support for shaker motor and fiber optics

2 weeks later
#109 7 years ago

Is there any news as to when we can expect to see updated code which will enhance the game rules?

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from mveightball:

Is there any news as to when we can expect to see updated code which will enhance the game rules?

My guess is after Alien is completed/shipping. From what I understand, 99% of the resources are involved in Alien at the moment.

#111 7 years ago

got an email update:

Full Throttle Software 1.41 is here!

*Please note, if your game has less than 1.2, please contact us first.

Please download from the following link and follow the instructions in the attachment.

#112 7 years ago

Installed update...pull usb with game off, unzip/copy/paste new files into usb after formatting it. Took just a few minutes.

1. Stronger flippers
2. Stronger pop bumpers
3. Improved shaker motor control
4. Improved fibre optic lighting control

Pops seem much more powerful, flippers a bit, didn't notice change in fiber optics, plugged in shaker for first time and thought there was an earthquake. I'll have to research cointaker on how to turn that down a bit.

I only had time for 2 games though. Will try and play more tonight.

#113 7 years ago

Hope I get an email with the code update . Seeing as I bought it in Canada , I'm not sure that heighway has me email . They need to put a link on their main website .

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Installed update...pull usb with game off, unzip/copy/paste new files into usb after formatting it. Took just a few minutes.
1. Stronger flippers
2. Stronger pop bumpers
3. Improved shaker motor control
4. Improved fibre optic lighting control
Pops seem much more powerful, flippers a bit, didn't notice change in fiber optics, plugged in shaker for first time and thought there was an earthquake. I'll have to research cointaker on how to turn that down a bit.
I only had time for 2 games though. Will try and play more tonight.

Do have it for a while also. Went from 1.4 to 1.41:

1> do not notice any difference
2> do not notice any difference
3> Cannot find anything in the menu that controls the shaker motor (except for turning it on\off but that was already there)
4> Do not have fibre optic lightning

Another 'strange' thing is that I could not update my IO boards to 1.41 but only downgrade them! to 1.3.
See screenshot:

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg

#115 7 years ago

Another 'strange' thing is that I could not update my IO boards to 1.41 but only downgrade them! to 1.3.
See screenshot:

that was in the pdf, said to just keep what you have if it's greater. Mine are 1.4 so that must be latest

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Hope I get an email with the code update . Seeing as I bought it in Canada , I'm not sure that heighway has me email . They need to put a link on their main website .

email support. I would give link but there is a service bulletin that comes in the email so you don't screw up everything

basically, wipe usb by formatting w fat32, copy paste unzipped files, plug back in, turn game on and it restarts a few times and done. The I/O boards can be updated but you could accidentally downgrade them if you do it wrong.

#117 7 years ago

Hey guys, I created all the audio and animations for Full Throttle, as well as co-writing the rules and voicing the race announcer in the game. We are working flat out on Alien at the moment but we are still committed to updating Full Throttle as often as we can. I've already created new animamtions for the game, improved some of the audio and we're working on improving the rules to add more structure and balance to the game.

I am interested to hear your ideas so keep them coming.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Hey guys, I created all the audio and animations for Full Throttle, as well as co-writing the rules and voicing the race announcer in the game. We are working flat out on Alien at the moment but we are still committed to updating Full Throttle as often as we can. I've already created new animamtions for the game, improved some of the audio and we're working on improving the rules to add more structure and balance to the game.

Great!

#119 7 years ago

Awesome to know we are listened to ! Kudos for posting !

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Thanks for the involvement. Much appreciated.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

great news! I think most of the current good suggestions have been summarized in the thread thus far.

1 month later
#122 7 years ago

Anyone else feel like the ball pauses in the scoop too long. like the game needs to think for a few seconds before it pops it out ? i would love to see it come out after it goes in quicker. feels like the game goes through a mini pause.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Anyone else feel like the ball pauses in the scoop too long. like the game needs to think for a few seconds before it pops it out ?

it is a bit of a pause...if you hit the flippers it will skip any call-outs and launch out quicker, but it does take a bit either way.

#124 7 years ago

yeah thats how i play it wickerman2 .i figured it was a good suggestion for future updates .

#125 7 years ago

My new Full Throttle LE will be delivered in less than two weeks. Seems like forever! And yes, I have ordered an Alien kit that I will dress up with beacons, fibre optic lighting, etc. My wife and I had a great time at Expo playing both games. Heighway provides great bang for the buck!

#126 7 years ago

Did anyone that attended Expo find out any details about the CPU upgrade program?

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

the CPU upgrade program?

bit concerned about that myself

#128 7 years ago

me too

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Did anyone that attended Expo find out any details about the CPU upgrade program?

I was told >>They have some things to work out but it is all in hand. Just paraphrasing.

They are focused on Aliens for the near future (as expected). My understanding is that once things get to production then they will be shifting back to FullT for a while.

3 weeks later
#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Installed update...plugged in shaker for first time and thought there was an earthquake. I'll have to research cointaker on how to turn that down a bit.

Any luck on turning down the shaker? Mine keeps shaking molex connectors loose. I opened the red box and changed the counterweight to the hole nearer the center, but it still is registering on the Richter scale at the University of Chicago. Is there a software adjustment?

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Any luck on turning down the shaker? Mine keeps shaking molex connectors loose. I opened the red box and changed the counterweight to the hole nearer the center, but it still is registering on the Richter scale at the University of Chicago. Is there a software adjustment?

Not that I am aware of. As of version 1.41 it is stated 'Improved shaker motor control' but the only setting available from the menu is to turn the shaker on or off. Added 'Menu option for setting shaker motor strength' to wishlist.

Mine is off because I do not find that the shaker is well integrated in the rules. Hope this will change in a future update.

#132 7 years ago

Any luck on turning down the shaker?

That's on my pinball "to do" list

#133 7 years ago

Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's on my pinball "to do" list

Here is a hardware fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor

Do not know if it can be implemented on a Heighway pin.

#134 7 years ago

Thanks PinballRulez, the speed controller mod looks promising. Has anyone had any success on Full Throttle? I lack the skill to look at the wiring and determine if it is safe or not and I see it is blowing nodes on some (or all?) Spike games.

2 months later
#135 7 years ago

I'm having trouble updating my code. I would appreciate any help. I downloaded the code and unzipped. I used a new USB stick (so as to avoid making my game unplayable) and followed the instructions. The unzipped files do not include all of the ines listed in the readme instructions.

Help anyone that has done this?

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Help anyone that has done this?

I updated mine months ago. I think I used the stick in the game and it had to be reformatted first?

Did you get the service bulletin with the step by step instructions? It was attached to the email with the zip link.

#137 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

I recently got the bulletin from Andrew directly. Somehow, I was never registered with Heighway. When I unzipped the 1.41 file, it did not look like the suggested files. I had about 4 of the dozen or so in the picture.

If you or anyone has that file and wouldn't mind sending it to me by Dropbox or whatever, I would really appreciate it.

A few notes.

I did use a different stick, but formatted it excactly as shown. Could that be a problem?

When I checked the stick included on the game, it only showed the minimal files as on my 1.41., but in an earlier version.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thanks for the reply.
I recently got the bulletin from Andrew directly. Somehow, I was never registered with Heighway. When I unzipped the 1.41 file, it did not look like the suggested files. I had about 4 of the dozen or so in the picture.
If you or anyone has that file and wouldn't mind sending it to me by Dropbox or whatever, I would really appreciate it.
A few notes.
I did use a different stick, but formatted it excactly as shown. Could that be a problem?
When I checked the stick included on the game, it only showed the minimal files as on my 1.41., but in an earlier version.

PM send with link to code.

3 months later
#140 6 years ago

Just bought a NIB Full Throttle and excited to join the Club. What a great game! A few more unique call outs, songs and videos would make this game sooo much cooler. I too add to the vote of making these things a reality...fingers crossed.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I updated mine months ago. I think I used the stick in the game and it had to be reformatted first?
Did you get the service bulletin with the step by step instructions? It was attached to the email with the zip link.

How can I get hold of the latest code? Do I have to reach out to Heigway Pinball?

#142 6 years ago

pm me your email and I will forward link w/pdf file instructions

#143 6 years ago

Race modes
- [1.3] Pop bumpers showing looping red leds and displaying green leds in sync with the traffic light animation
- [1.2] Make them more important/worth more. Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races
- [1.2] Instant rewards for races
Here are just a few ideas:
Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

I've been reading the threads and trying to keep everybody's comments in mind before doubling up and adding to the confusion. However, there's one thing especially that I feel the Race feature is missing. I would like the ability to turn on a Ball Save for a period of time when each Race starts...maybe not for Grand Champion but the rest. Leave the timer running when the ball drains as a bit of penalty for draining. To me there are 2 ways to play the game, get the MB's or Race. There is no way, at least in our house, that we can achieve everything...especially finishing all the Races...that alone is like a Super Wizard Mode! I've actually had to change it to a 5 Ball game just to come close. Set it up more like Champion Pub where you can just have fun trying to achieve winning the Race without fear of draining...it's hard enough just getting a new Race started. And like others have said, put more emphasis on scoring in the Races...for winning a Race or higher scores for your placement in the Race for instance.

I also like the comments about changing up each Race to mean something different. Maybe we can apply some of those items we collect (boots, etc) to mean more by hitting the Launch button during a race to do something (light all arrows red for instance)? But more importantly, it would be nice to see a Race in a different country getting different rewards. Or, just thought of this, hit the scoop during a race and hold the ball while you select which item you want to use to help you in the race. If executed well, a person would be excited about seeing certain new races coming up as there might be a Reward you're looking for? Heck, I might just play the Races exclusively then? Further, have different music and animations that resemble the country during each race (preferably with good looking girls...lol). You guys really have something here...let's rock these great sounding speakers and gorgeous LCD panel!

Maybe this could be a setting...have the ability after a race to have a champagne bottle pop, turn off the flippers, let the ball drain and watch a cool celebration on the screen (or be heckled if you don't place). When it's all done, automatically launch the ball into the pop bumpers and build your Gears again. Building the gears is a great feature but I find I don't get the ball up to the pop bumpers very often...this would help. It would also give people a lot of incentive to play the races...which is what I think this game really represents.

Lastly, (probably not...lol), I really like how Aerosmith gives you the ability to make the right Outlane a save opportunity by hitting a shot on the playfield. Perhaps we could make the Special light a Save opportunity by hitting something on the playfield...completing OCTANE or better yet, by placing 1st in a Race mode? I've choked that lane down as much as I could but it's still a drain monster. I've tried adjusting the settings to make Special come on an often as I can but it's not really what I think it could be. Same goes for the left middle lane.

That's it...I'm done...fingers crossed. BTW, GREAT job on this game so far...my favorite!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 10.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.