Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by earflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

May have found a bug. I locked 2 balls for multiball, and heard the audible callout 'one more for multiball'. As the ball was coming of out the scoop, it managed to bounce back right in and that started multiball (as opposed to hitting the garage shot to lock).

What software version are you running?
I will try to reproduce this.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What software version are you running?
I will try to reproduce this.

#53 3 years ago

Any big changes from 1.20 to 1.30?

I am still using 1.20. Think they needed to check a few things regarding updating from 1.10 (that I had) before I was allowed to jump to 1.30

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

May have found a bug. I locked 2 balls for multiball, and heard the audible callout 'one more for multiball'. As the ball was coming of out the scoop, it managed to bounce back right in and that started multiball (as opposed to hitting the garage shot to lock).

Did the ball fall back immediately into the scoop, or were any other switches activated?

The only way I see this happening is if the left or right orbit switch triggered somehow. That followed by a scoop switch is what makes a lock shot.

There is also a Garage Enter switch just below the magnet, which awards a lock (regardless of the scoop switch). So maybe one of these other switches caused it.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Did the ball fall back immediately into the scoop, or were any other switches activated?
The only way I see this happening is if the left or right orbit switch triggered somehow. That followed by a scoop switch is what makes a lock shot.
There is also a Garage Enter switch just below the magnet, which awards a lock (regardless of the scoop switch). So maybe one of these other switches caused it.

Immediately into the scoop.

#56 3 years ago

I'm thinking either the left orbit or garage entry switch mistakenly triggered during the kickout, possibly due to vibration.

The scoop alone never awards ball lock.

2 months later
#57 3 years ago

More things I'd like to see:
Option for topless Mel. More vo "how 'bout takin' me for a ride big boy" (even though it is by Dave as are all the vo's)
I'd like to hear a lot of the hidden FV vo's - Go Home - This is Too Hard, Goodbye Don't Come Back, When You Grow Up You Should Learn to Ride, You Think That Impresses Me, Hey The Race Is This Way, I Laugh At your Ridiculous Bicycle, Now You See Why, This Is Just Practice For Me - I , It Is Over For You, and Mel's funny's - I like a guy who wears protection, Nice Helmet, etc.
Most important is fx for target hits.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

More vo "how 'bout takin' me for a ride big boy"

uggh...I'd delete that if I were able...worst part of the game for me. Talk about cheese.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

uggh...I'd delete that if I were able...worst part of the game for me. Talk about cheese.

I have to agree. As someone that hosts a women's league, and has women players regularly over, that line is a throwback to a past history, not for a "new" pinball. Does nothing to attract demographics beyond the hardcore pinhead types. I'd like it excised myself, or an option to drop it.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Easy enough to replace the .ogg file with something you like.

Motorsports are still caveman-esque, these vo's are poking fun at at this. None of us believe sexism is acceptable, but lets be able to laugh at ourselves, and the absurdity of what once was the norm once in a while eh?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

None of us believe sexism is acceptable, but lets be able to laugh at ourselves, and the absurdity of what once was the norm once in a while eh?

I want to play pinball, not explain the intricacies of sexism to my 10 and under children(imagine that conversation with my daughter--see it's called sexual innuendo, it has a double meaning--you can have sex with her/ride the bike/play pinball--all means the same thing!! Get it honey?)...and new players will think it's still "the norm" and not get the joke, if, in fact it is a joke which I'm not conviced of.

How exactly do you go about replacing a file?

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I want to play pinball, not explain the intricacies of sexism to my 10 and under children(imagine that conversation with my daughter--see it's called sexual innuendo, it has a double meaning--you can have sex with her/ride the bike/play pinball--all means the same thing!! Get it honey?)...and new players will think it's still "the norm" and not get the joke, if, in fact it is a joke which I'm not conviced of.

Having a family mode in the menu would be good then everyone is happy. A lot of games have this already.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

A lot of games have this already.

Alien is supposed to have family mode so they are capable...it's not a huge problem, I just don't like those lines in general.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you don't like the game and it's humor - why did you buy it?

#65 3 years ago

Nothing new here from me, but nothing wrong with saying things again either

The most important stuff for me is more sfx for hitting stuff and making the races a little more interesting to go for (adding awards)

Also, the main multiball could use a little bit more rules or rewards. (I like that it has values based on the races but just hitting all the shots once, then repeat is a little boring) things like add a ball or extra ball would also help here but mixing up what you need to shoot for would make it far more interesting.

I would like like some more callouts and sounds in the Main multiball and the 2 wizard modes and Red Mist. The road to them is just fine but the award for getting there is a little uninspiring. (love the intro with the medals, though)

This all might sound like huge amount of work, but just a few small adjustments would go a long way. The rules for the modes (races and challenges) is already good and don't need anything added

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

If you don't like the game and it's humor - why did you buy it?

Riiiiiiiiiight....because I said I don't like "the game"...this is the internet in a nutshell. A couple lines in the attract mode hardly represent the entire game, no? It's OK to give an honest opinion of something isn't it? Really, not a big deal.

#67 3 years ago

I think on ball launch , if you over rev or under rev , it should have a different sound , not the sound of th bike racing away . It should sputter or over rev in response .
Pops still suck . (1.4)

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I think on ball launch , if you over rev or under rev , it should have a different sound , not the sound of th bike racing away . It should sputter or over rev in response .
Pops still suck . (1.4)

Yes. A more pronounced sound of hitting the bikes rev limiter would be cool. When I make a ramp shot I want to hear a Motocross bike. A little bit of polish & it would take this game to near perfect status in my book!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes. A more pronounced sound of hitting the bikes rev limiter would be cool. When I make a ramp shot I want to hear a Motocross bike. A little bit of polish & it would take this game to near perfect status in my book!

Yes! Like this

#70 3 years ago

I was also thinking it would be cool if the rev skill shot at launch awarded more points the closer you were to red line instead of just a single value for anything in amber zone.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have to agree. As someone that hosts a women's league, and has women players regularly over, that line is a throwback to a past history, not for a "new" pinball. Does nothing to attract demographics beyond the hardcore pinhead types. I'd like it excised myself, or an option to drop it.

Get over it. It's just TOO DIFFICULT to be 100% PC these days. Perhaps I grew a thicker skin. As a gay man who loves pinball, I find the pinball demographic is mostly hetero men. I also find that I have to put up with A LOT of what would be considered offensive. My rule of thumb is 'as long as it is not malicious and hateful.....whatever....not worth my energy'. If it is.....oh, then it is on! (fyi, it rarely is....at least in New England)

Take a look at pinball art from the 1980 and prior. Plenty of sexual innuendo, most of it targeted for heterosexual men (the majority of pin players). Therefore, expect plenty of busty women in pinball. I don't see why that is offensive. To me, it is effective marketing. I would do the same thing.

Let's not fall into that stereotype of being the "Puritanical Americans". It's embarrassing.

> Grab a beer & Let's Play Pinball!!!

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I find the pinball demographic is mostly hetero men

funny I find a large portion of the pinball population to actually be a well representation of the entire spectrum.

(lots still in the closet though)

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A SAFE SPACE.

#74 3 years ago

so having opinions about call outs is being too sensitive..O......K.

How about we all agree that a bit of customization would be cool in the menu in terms of attract mode? That prevent a bunch of horseshit comparisons and hyperbole from being thrown around?

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

so having opinions about call outs is being too sensitive..O......K.
How about we all agree that a bit of customization would be cool in the menu in terms of attract mode? That prevent a bunch of horseshit comparisons and hyperbole from being thrown around?

Its ok to be offended by something, but when people demand to be hidden from the stuff that offends them... thats where it gets to be a problem.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

> Grab a beer & Let's Play Pinball!!!

Spot on my good man!

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its ok to be offended by something, but when people demand to be hidden from the stuff that offends them... thats where it gets to be a problem.

True for adults, but I'm guessing you don't have kids...

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its ok to be offended by something

Right, got it. Thanks for explaining that.

I am not offended...I don't put clothes on nude works of art or anything like that, I just think it's cheesy, not funny, and serves zero purpose being in the game. It's not EATPM or Hardbody, it's a motorcycle racing theme. Again, just a small point, not a big deal but if I could easily change it I would...I was just responding to someone saying they wanted MORE of that type of voice over.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Right, got it. Thanks for explaining that.
I am not offended...I don't put clothes on nude works of art or anything like that, I just think it's cheesy, not funny, and serves zero purpose being in the game. It's not EATPM or Hardbody, it's a motorcycle racing theme. Again, just a small point, not a big deal but if I could easily change it I would...I was just responding to someone saying they wanted MORE of that type of voice over.

It's motorcycle racing....It's the perfect place for those types of things... Now if it were Hello Kitty, that would be different, because HK is targeting kids...mostly.
My point was that you have to be careful because what you find "funny", I may find very "not funny". I just try and let it go rather than draw attention to it.
Also, we have to consider Heighway is a British company so there are also cultural differences to consider. Although from what I have seen of the game, it has a feel like they are targeting potential larger market (Americans).

But then this is getting wayyyyy off topic. SO, getting back to FT. I have heard the "competative players" complain that they races aren't worth much in points so they tend to avoid them. Being such a significant part of the game, these folks tend not to like the game. I wonder if the scoring for the races is going to be adjusted so that players go for all aspects of the game?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

It's motorcycle racing....It's the perfect place for those types of things...

Let's just agree that "debating" on the internet is essentially pointless

More options in the menu for adjusting things is always a positive as it allows for larger audience...but someone will disagree with that and make some specious argument so whatever. go pinball. yay.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I have heard the "competative players" complain that they races aren't worth much in points so they tend to avoid them. Being such a significant part of the game, these folks tend not to like the game. I wonder if the scoring for the races is going to be adjusted so that players go for all aspects of the game?

I have a few ideas to throw out:

Maybe more incentive like a 2 ball multiball after 3rd place would help.

Add another ball into play every time you move ahead in the race. Then when the race was over the flippers go dead and another ball is launched back into normal play.

If some of the shots counted toward completing challenges it would offer more reward for the risk of taking shots under a time pressure. A ball save option at the start of the race would be nice too. It sucks when you start a race and you drain immediately.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Add another ball into play every time you move ahead in the race.

That's great! Also the ball save +++

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

True for adults, but I'm guessing you don't have kids...

You must be one of those parents who over shield their kids from life.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

http://dailyatheistquote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/shitty-child-louis-c.k..jpg

You reminded me of this.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You must be one of those parents who over shield their kids from life.

There's the ignore button!

#86 3 years ago

Guys please, can we go on topic again.

Any good ideas are appreciated and captured in the first post in this thread.

I have spoken to Andrew and when the second development team will be installed (will happen soon) their might be some time for Full Throttle updates. Heighway is aware of this thread and will possibly address some of the feedback given here.

But if this thread gets a mess you might guess what happens.

We already have collected some great feedback. So keep those good ideas coming

Thank you!

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Add another ball into play every time you move ahead in the race. Then when the race was over the flippers go dead and another ball is launched back into normal play.

Just played a couple games...still thinking this is a great fix for the avoid the races syndrome. It would build excitement and make it worthwhile to go for the shots.

That and explain why the multiball auto launches fire down the middle but the initial plunges don't and I'll be happy...regardless of the call outs.

#88 3 years ago

I like the idea of the races as they stand. I like color coded shots. Passing competitors and working your way up the leaderboard. I'd not want to see the Races turn into more multiballs, since the game is already so MB heavy.

So the question then becomes how to weight the races to better reward players for doing them. Just my opinion.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the game is already so MB heavy.

true...even a First place multiball or extra ball for first would be something

1 week later
#90 2 years ago

Is there any news on when we might see a software update for this machine?

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I like the idea of the races as they stand. I like color coded shots. Passing competitors and working your way up the leaderboard. I'd not want to see the Races turn into more multiballs, since the game is already so MB heavy.
So the question then becomes how to weight the races to better reward players for doing them. Just my opinion.

I would like races to impact your jackpot value when in mutiball.
I also think races could be used to bump the pf multiplier level or time allowed for multiplier. (5 sec more for silver?; 5 sec and one level for gold?).
This would influence players to play through and do well in races.

To me this game is really built around the idea of starting all the multiballs at once currently and that aspect of the game is REALLY good.
I think what I dislike about the races is that they lock you in and all feel very similar.

The races need something to make them all fee like different modes (rather than just different shots). Would be cool to see things like "pulse" only flippers. Need to press the button twice to flip once. Inverted pulse (puch the button to drop the flipper). Combo awards in races.

The game needs more player clues as to what is going on. I still watch new players put up 20 games and have no real idea of strategy. That is the games fault and not the players. A good game is intuitive enough that people pick up a general strategy after a few games and then refine it over time.

#92 2 years ago

Most importantly I would like some sort of indication that code is coming and WHEN!

I can say that without a doubt I will not be buying Aliens unless I see code progression on FullT. I will also be sure others that are thinking on Aliens but are not familiar with FullT are aware of the code situation.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like races to impact your jackpot value when in mutiball.

I believe this is already in there?

The answer to all race questions is instant rewards for winning. If the rewards are good enough, it will be much more satisfying to go for a win.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most importantly I would like some sort of indication that code is coming and WHEN!

Andrew was clear in another thread that it's all-hands on Alien until that is done, then they can return to Full Throttle for a revisit. They don't have the people, and to be fair, when Stern releases later updates (beyond the launch window), it is usually a year later, after the game has had some time to mature for a while.

It's not like the races are missing from the game, and Brian has spoken in defense of them, so they are his vision. Obviously now that they are getting real world feedback about how people actually play the game they can take that into account but that takes time as well.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew was clear in another thread that it's all-hands on Alien until that is done, then they can return to Full Throttle for a revisit.

I had not seen that. I would still like some solid communication (should be easy enough to email blast all the current owners; and good marketing for your upcoming game) and commitment to the code. I really like FullT but I provided over 2 pages of bugs and needed tweaks months ago. I was told they were going to be discussed and implemented (along with a few other things) and then radio silence.

I can completely understand they are busy with Aliens. Just want the good communication around FullT.

#96 2 years ago

Found the post:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

I guess the main take away is they will return to it.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the post:

thanks and good to know.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the post:

Andrew told me recently that all resources are assigned to Alien. Soon a second development team will be installed as Heighway wants to be able to develop two games at the same time.

Andrew said this also meant that there will be time for Full Throttle then and that they are following the feedback given in this thread.

#99 2 years ago

And logically, the market for Full Throttle will continue to grow as the company produces more pinball titles, as future title owners may want to buy additional playfields for their cabinet. So I would say Heighway has more motivation than most to make sure older titles are well supported and well reviewed.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the post:

I will add that although I am quite busy with Alien at the moment, I have been thinking about Full Throttle updates and paying attention to this thread. I have a queue of several rules changes, some of which are already fully coded. It's a matter of taking time to play test them, both for correctness and that they make sense and improve the game. And not all related to races - there are other areas that I want to improve too.

It will happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
$ 50.00
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 209.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside