Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160801-WA0001 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 8.43.57 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Current software version feedback request. Posted by PinballRulez (7 years ago)

Post #14 Request for info on rule idea for races by game coder. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #16 Clarification on race rules as they are now. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #18 Further clarification on earlier post idea. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #27 Feedback on ideas posted by participants. Posted by EalaDubhSidhe (7 years ago)

Post #94 Code progress update. Posted by frolic (7 years ago)

Post #100 Confirmation on code updates by game coder. Posted by bcd (7 years ago)

Post #112 Minor game update (1.41) released. Posted by Wickerman2 (7 years ago)

Post #129 Update on CPU upgrade program. Posted by Whysnow (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

The purpose of this thread is to give feedback of the current software version you are running on your Full Throttle pin.

What do you like about it, what bugs did you encounter and what would you like to see in future software updates.

Please be specific in your comments and mention the software version you are running at the moment.

When we have collected enough feedback I will bundle all the information end send it to Heighway for evaluation.

So, your feedback is much appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs

Race modes
- [1.3] Russia: flag in wrong colors in pop bumpers and GI -> White\Green (should be: White\Blue\Red)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted

Overall Animations
- [1.2] Add more animations.
For example: When hitting a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool. Hitting the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When the ball is drained show a bike crashing etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Sound
- [1.2] Recognizable call outs for all modes
- [1.2] More call outs from the pit crew
- [1.2] Add more tracks from Redline
- [1.2] Combo call outs

Overall Lightning
- [1.2] Remove random blinking of inserts

Race modes
- [1.3] Pop bumpers showing looping red leds and displaying green leds in sync with the traffic light animation
- [1.2] Make them more important/worth more. Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races
- [1.2] Instant rewards for races

Here are just a few ideas:
Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)
Win 4 races = Go straight to multiball
Win 5 races = A tripler on one shot for the rest of the game
Win 6 races = All gears ready

- [1.3] Race rewards
Perhaps when the ball enters the scoop, before the race starts the player has a few seconds with the left or right flipper to choose which reward the race can give them; gears (+1 / +2 / +3) or sponsorship (+3% / +5% / +10%). This would open up a whole lot more potential strategy, as well as quick decisions based on the style of play and how well the player is doing.

[1.3] Races reward
It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls

World Champion mode
[1.3] Overall this mode seems a bit unfinished. Would like:
- [1.3] Better composed dashboard
- [1.3] Better animations
- [1.3] Call outs when hitting jackpot

Challenge modes
- [1.3] Motor Cross: Better sound effect

Pop Bumpers
- [1.3] Animations
- [1.3] Sound when pomp bumper is hit

Octane targets
- [1.3] Sound effect when hitting target

High Octane mode
- [1.3] At mode start Info indicating what to shoot for

Valentino
- [1.2] More smart alec calls

Spinning bike wheels
- [1.2] Turn spinning wheels of during ball launch to avoid unnecessary ball drains.
Maybe implement a 3 second delay

Menu\Game code
- [1.2] Allow remote diagnostics through Utilite pc
- [1.2] Ability to choose for an auto update of the software
- [1.3] Have the option that can be enabled from the menu to enter your name at the beginning of a game
That name will be used in races and if achieved a highscore
- [1.3] Make a ‘Pinball Browser' available to allow customers to create soundpacks and animations which the community can share
- [1.41] Add setting that allows to control the strength of the shaker motor

Overall Rules

Maybe it is an idea to add seasons. When you have completed 'World Champion' or 'Final Challenge' mode a new season starts were you get for example:
A faster bike:
- That makes the gear revs grow faster
- Gives you a small amount of extra time to complete a mode (because your bike has a higher top speed)
- Gives you a continues bonus multiplier for the rest of the game

Race mode adjustment:
- When making a 'blue arrow' shot in a new season you are not thrown back a place, but instead
the flippers are inverted until you make a good red shot
or
No hold flippers, kind of like no brakes till you get your place back.

Better Pit Crew
- That can supply upgrades (that give in game benefits) to your bike in a to be defined mode

Make teams available which do have there own pro and cons (faster or slower bike, more skilled pit crew etc.) and this will be reflected on the performance in the game. A team can be selected at the start of the game.

#2 7 years ago

Do you have an opinion? Perhaps get the discussion started.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Do you have an opinion? Perhaps get the discussion started.

Good point. Yes I have, but to general at the moment I have to work out the details. You can get an impression here though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-club-enjoy-the-adrenaline#post-2799959

Some details are now added to my starting post.

#4 7 years ago

What i would like to see added is for the test menu.
That when in switch test mode, the game will make a sound for each switch activation moment.
Preferably at a different pitch for each switch, so none sound the same.
Now it only shows it on the screen (sort of), which does not work so well when you have the playfield raised against the backbox.
There is also no matrix or list of switches when activated, so if several are activated at the same time then you can't see which ones in a glimps.
While with the switch matrix view in the old wms games, you could directly see whats going on in a glimps.
What would be better is to have a list of all active switches in a row, so you can see what's going on throughout the playfield.
Without it, it makes servicing these games harder to do, while it could be simpler by doing it in helpful ways for technicians.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

What i would like to see added is for the test menu.
That when in switch test mode, the game will make a sound for each switch activation moment.
Preferably at a different pitch for each switch, so none sound the same.
Now it only shows it on the screen (sort of), which does not work so well when you have the playfield raised against the backbox.
There is also no matrix or list of switches when activated, so if several are activated at the same time then you can't see which ones in a glimps.
While with the switch matrix view in the old wms games, you could directly see whats going on in a glimps.
What would be better is to have a list of all active switches in a row, so you can see what's going on throughout the playfield.
Without it, it makes servicing these games harder to do, while it could be simpler by doing it in helpful ways for technicians.

In switch test on my machine it beeps, you of course need a Pinball in hand to trigger it.
There is also a JJP style matrix/map that shows each switch & lights blue when activated.
What version of software are you running?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What version of software are you running?

That was version 1.2 at that time...... in february.
Haven't seen a full throttle since then to be honest.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

That was version 1.2 at that time...... in february.
Haven't seen a full throttle since then to be honest.

It's there now! So, no worries.

#8 7 years ago

I'm running 1.2.
I'd like the Utilite's OS setup by default to allow some remote diagnostics and have the ability to auto update if you choose.
Mine grabs a DHCP address when it's switched on.
I'd also like user access to the Utilite to access logs and do initial troubleshooting.
The OP hit the nail on the head with octane targets really needing a sound bite to indicate when they are hit and also recognizeable callouts for the modes.
I would like more smart alec calls from Valentino and more from the err, pit crew.
The music is killer - I'd like a few more tracks from the band. Redline are a very tight band.
On the wish list too is a different exhaust note for challenges such as motocross.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

I'm running 1.2.
I'd like the Utilite's OS setup by default to allow some remote diagnostics and have the ability to auto update if you choose.
I'd also like user access to the Utilite to access logs and do initial troubleshooting.
The OP hit the nail on the head with octane targets really needing a sound bite to indicate when they are hit and also recognizeable callouts for the modes.
I would like more smart alec calls from Valentino and more from the err, pit crew.
The music is killer - I'd like a few more tracks from the band. Redline are a very tight band.
On the wish list too is a different exhaust note for challenges such as motocross.

Shaneo,
I see you have played this game a fair amount, you make several great points.

1) OCTANE: As others have said, it needs some cool sound FX.
2) Combo Call Outs: These are missing from the game, they are a must have!
3) Moto-Cross Sound FX: Currently this sounds like a fart. This needs to be updated. I want to hear a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.
4) Insert Lights: They blink too much. It feels like I'm in attract mode when I'm playing sometimes. I don't mind an insert blinking saying "shoot here", but that's not the case, it feels too random.
5) "Fast Lap": what does this insert do?
6) Spinning Bike Wheels: Turn them off during ball launch. When I launch a ball, alot of the time it will come flying around the orbit heading right at the left flipper, then hit the spinning bike wheel & go sdtm. Maybe a 3 second delay or something?
7) Animations: Just add more. What's there is good, we just need more. When I hit a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool, with appropriate sound FX. Hit the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When you drain a ball, show a bike crashing, etc. etc.
8) Redline: "I got a fever, & the only prescription is more cowbell!" I mean, more Redline. Please add some more tracks.
9) Races: Make them more important/worth more. I avoid the scoop like it's the plague! Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races. I seen a PAPA video where the competitors were timing out the modes. I would like to see each shot worth more, or after completing say 2 Races with an overall finish of 2nd or higher you get a multi-ball, or earn a multiplier, etc.

Overall the code is very solid, & this pin is a blast to play. But these items should be addressed, & it would take this pin to the next level of fun. To be honest, I think they would be easy to do, & the payoff would be huge.

Just my $.02

#10 7 years ago

I would buy this pin if this was implemented.

Quoted from Zampinator:Shaneo,
3) Moto-Cross Sound FX: Currently this sounds like a fart. This needs to be updated. I want to here a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.
4) Insert Lights: They blink too much. It feels like I'm in attract mode when I'm playing sometimes. I don't mind an insert blinking saying "shoot here", but that's not the case, it feels too random.
6) Spinning Bike Wheels: Turn them off during ball launch. When I launch a ball, alot of the time it will come flying around the orbit heading right at the left flipper, then hit the spinning bike wheel & go sdtm. Maybe a 3 second delay or something?
7) Animations: Just add more. What's there is good, we just need more. When I hit a ramp shot, a dirt bike flying through the air would be cool, with appropriate sound FX. Hit the captive ball show a stunt bike doing wheelies or a stoppy. When you drain a ball, show a bike crashing, etc. etc.
Redline: "I got a fever, & the only prescription is more cowbell!" I mean, more Redline. Please add some more tracks.
9) Races: Make them more important/worth more. I avoid the scoop like it's the plague! Too high of a risk for the reward of competing Races. I seen a PAPA video where the competitors were timing out the modes. I would like to see each shot worth more, or after completing say 2 Races with an overall finish of 2nd or higher you get a multi-ball, or earn a multiplier, etc.
Overall the code is very solid, & this pin is a blast to play. But these items should be addressed, & it would take this pin to the next level of fun. To be honest, I think they would be easy to do, & the payoff would be huge.
Just my $.02

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I want to here a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.

4 strokes sound more like farts I think...though too much 2 stroke sound might get a little grating.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I have to agree, I've been avoiding Races completely. They need to be juiced up.

#13 7 years ago

'Fast Lap' is essentially a combo insert that blinks after each circuit loop shot. Shooting the circuit loop again should award additional laps that build up towards the Extra Ball faster.

We did have combo callouts in the game for a while. It was my voice. Everyone hated them.

#14 7 years ago

This is a rule idea for the races that I had a while back to make them more valuable as you do better with them: sponsorship points, similar to 'tips' in Diner. Each race that you place third or better in attracts more sponsors that inrease the net worth of your racing career, expressed as a percentage (eg., +2% for third, +3% for second, +5% for first). At the very end of the game, after the last ball drains, the sponsorship points are tallied into a special one-off percentage bonus of your entire game's score, that's then added on. Victory in a tournament could be possible to pull off at the very last moment with this bonus, which by definition stacks with *everything* else in the entire game.

Any thoughts?

#15 7 years ago

Like it! Add some animations showing sponsors..."Heighway Motor Oil"

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have to agree, I've been avoiding Races completely. They need to be juiced up.

This is something that I gave a LOT of thought to. I disagree that races are worthless. Could they be worth more without disrupting the rest of the game's balance? Maybe.

They don't have the high scoring potential that a well-stacked and well-played challenge has (because that is a much harder feat to pull off), but they do offer a fairly quick way to score 10M-15M in only a few shots. Plus, every race you win increases the value of all race shots thereafter, and boosts the value of the Full Throttle multiball jackpots. Over time, the total value of races can become substantial.

Challenges are probably always going to be the preferred choice by tournament players, because it's multiball and that prolongs game time and offers safety. But I think there are moments where the race strategy is viable.

Aside from scoring, to me the bigger issue is that races are exclusive modes, and you can't do much else while a race is running. However, this was debated endlessly long ago during development and that was the decision that was made. It would be difficult to change this now without affecting other aspects of the game.

But please keep the suggestions and feedback coming - this is really appreciated!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

This is something that I gave a LOT of thought to. I disagree that races are worthless. Could they be worth more without disrupting the rest of the game's balance? Maybe.

Thanks for stopping in the thread, Brian. If the real-world anecdotal feedback is Races are being skipped, then I'd suggest revisiting them, but I know some things are easier said than done.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Challenges are probably always going to be the preferred choice by tournament players, because it's multiball and that prolongs game time and offers safety ... Aside from scoring, to me the bigger issue is that races are exclusive modes, and you can't do much else while a race is running.

This is also my thinking as well, behind the 'sponsorship' idea. If the races only affect other races, and people are inclined to skip them anyway, there's no additional incentive to play them. If, however the races enhance the value of *everything* to a degree, the dominant strategy for expert players becomes to perform well more evenly across the entire game, in order to maximize the score potential.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

This is also my thinking as well, behind the 'sponsorship' idea. If the races only affect other races, and people are inclined to skip them anyway, there's no additional incentive to play them. If, however the races enhance the value of *everything* to a degree, the dominant strategy for expert players becomes to perform well more evenly across the entire game, in order to maximize the score potential.

Yes, I think this would be a great idea!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:'Fast Lap' is essentially a combo insert that blinks after each circuit loop shot. Shooting the circuit loop again should award additional laps that build up towards the Extra Ball faster.
We did have combo callouts in the game for a while. It was my voice. Everyone hated them.

Some different voice actors might do the trick!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

I'm running 1.2.

Thanks.

Feedback processed in overall overview in first post of this thread.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Shaneo,
3) Moto-Cross Sound FX: Currently this sounds like a fart. This needs to be updated. I want to here a 450 4-stroke hitting the Rev limiter coming off of a triple jump! Brap-pap-pap! A 2-stroke sound FX would be cool too.
Redline: "I got a fever, & the only prescription is more cowbell!" I mean, more Redline. Please add some more tracks.
Just my $.02

Thanks.

#23 7 years ago

This is a rule idea for the races that I had a while back to make them more valuable as you do better with them: sponsorship points, similar to 'tips' in Diner. Each race that you place third or better in attracts more sponsors that inrease the net worth of your racing career, expressed as a percentage (eg., +2% for third, +3% for second, +5% for first). At the very end of the game, after the last ball drains, the sponsorship points are tallied into a special one-off percentage bonus of your entire game's score, that's then added on. Victory in a tournament could be possible to pull off at the very last moment with this bonus, which by definition stacks with *everything* else in the entire game.
Any thoughts?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Like it! Add some animations showing sponsors..."Heighway Motor Oil"

Yes, please

#24 7 years ago

Lots of great ideas here. How about giving some extra awards for winning a race. The sponsorship idea sounds cool but there is nothing like an instant reward

Win 1 race = get 2 gears (could be some strategy in this if you do a race right before a multiball)
Win 2 races = finish all the shots for a challenge(like a super skill shot on afm or mm) or get an extra ball
Win 3 races = A doubler on a chosen shot for the rest of the ball, It has been done before, but often with great success (Spider-man)

#25 7 years ago

Good thread, following.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Lots of great ideas here. How about giving some extra awards for winning a race. The sponsorship idea sounds cool but there is nothing like an instant reward

Thanks.

#27 7 years ago

Gears for races is an idea I like a lot. Keep it simple: +1 gear for third, +2 gears for second, +3 gears for first.

Perhaps when the ball enters the scoop, before the race starts the player has a few seconds with the left or right flipper to choose which reward the race can give them; gears (+1 / +2 / +3) or sponsorship (+3% / +5% / +10%). This would open up a whole lot more potential strategy, as well as quick decisions based on the style of play and how well the player is doing.

#28 7 years ago

Gears for races is an idea I like a lot. Keep it simple: +1 gear for third, +2 gears for second, +3 gears for first.

Thanks for the interaction, much appreciated.

And keep those ideas coming

#29 7 years ago

Agree with everything here. More call-outs and more animations. (still looking for a bit more flipper strength as well)

#30 7 years ago

Please make this happen! I love this idea!
To be able to choose & maybe depending on how high the reward is, the race requires a higher difficulty to finish. Risk vs. Reward! Love it!

#31 7 years ago

yup, really cool idea!

It will need some tweaking to fully intergrate and not unbalance the game in the other direction, but on the right track.

It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It could also be cool to have some sort of reward for finishing first in 2 races, like "hold gears" where gears will not disappear between balls.

Thanks

Added to the list.

#33 7 years ago

Maybe it is an idea to add seasons. When you have completed 'World Champion' or 'Final Challenge' mode a new season starts were you get for example:

A faster bike:
- That makes the gear revs grow faster
- Gives you a small amount of extra time to complete a mode (because your bike has a higher top speed)
- Gives you a continues bonus multiplier for the rest of the game

Race mode adjustment:
- When making a 'blue arrow' shot in a new season you are not thrown back a place, but instead

Better Pit Crew
- That can supply upgrades (that give in game benefits) to your bike in a to be defined mode

#34 7 years ago

Or....but this is a lot more work and has higher impact on the overall rule design:

- Make teams available which do have there own pro and cons (faster or slower bike, more skilled
pit crew etc.) and this will be reflected on the performance in the game. A team can be selected at the start of the game.

It would also be nice if you have the option that can be enabled from the menu to:
- Enter your name at the beginning of a game. That name will be used in races and if achieved a highscore

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Race mode adjustment:

How about no hold flippers, kind of like no brakes till you get your place back.

#36 7 years ago

Provide us with their own 'Pinball Browser' to allow customers to create soundpacks and animations which the community can share. Tons of creative people out there, many software companies in gaming realized the value of user created content.

#37 7 years ago

It would also be nice if you have the option that can be enabled from the menu to:
- Enter your name at the beginning of a game. That name will be used in races and if achieved a highscore

I like this idea alot! Ten characters, that allows us to put in our names. That would make the game feel more immersive to see your name, instead of "P.One".

Quoted from pinballkim:

How about no hold flippers, kind of like no brakes till you get your place back.

Another great idea! This game has great code, but these type of additions would take it to the next level!

#38 7 years ago

Looks like we already have collected some nice features

#39 7 years ago

I have been having issues during multiplayer games where the scores are not all shown at the end of the game. This seems to be a random occurrence, but is causing a major headache for the league.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from mveightball:

I have been having issues during multiplayer games where the scores are not all shown at the end of the game. This seems to be a random occurrence, but is causing a major headache for the league.

We have experienced this also.

Very intermittent and only happens once in a while. Unable to determine what causes it.

#41 7 years ago

I would also be grateful of a 5th coin to be able to be programmed. At the moment £2 coins are just swallowed. I have considered changing the 10p line for the £2, but a fifth programmable coin would be the ideal solution to work with the multimech.

#42 7 years ago

That's indeed a good idea: it's always good to make it feel more 'personal'. And though it'll take some time, it's probably not too big to program in(?!)

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from mveightball:

Can you elaborate? Does this mean you see a score in the top of the display for one of the players, but not the other players on the left? Or do none of the scores show at all?

Also, if the game is in tournament mode, the scores should remain on the screen for 2 minutes - is this adjustment on?

Brian

1 week later
#44 7 years ago

Been playing on my new machine for a bit. One thing that stands out is the lack of audible feedback when hitting a target or switch(OCTANE), etc. On some like the slings there is a slight 'rev', but I would like to hear something more substantial. Also, it seems like the insert lights are doing a lot of flickering and color changing when I don't think they should be. Sometimes hard to understand what is lit, and what isn't.

#45 7 years ago

One thing that has not been addressed is the main multiball (and also the wizard modes)

All though it is ok in it's currant state, I find it a little uninspiring. Maybe there is more to it than I have seen.

An add a ball or extra ball feature would help a little. The scoop or captive ball could be used for this

Maybe make the super do something special to keep it more apart from the regular jackpots and to make it worth going for, except more points.

Or at least add some more speech to the multiball.

Example: -Super jackpot is ready, -Compliments if you hit a certain number of jackpots, etc.

The only call-outs in 1.20 is Jackpot and super-jackpot, with very little animation also.

I prefer multiballs with a little story to them, but it does not have to have that to be fun. But it has to have something.

I like the scoring progression in it though, and the opening animation

The same goes for the 2 wizard modes. No new music, no call-outs, very little animation but at least you do not start those too often.

Probably to late for most of my wishes, but a few call-outs to make the player feel like they are being awarded, would go a long way

Another thing, is there only 3 songs in gameplay? (races, multiball and main play/(instrumental) challenges(same with vocal)

Some new music in red mist, world champion or Final challange would help those stand apart more.

Ok, sorry programmers. All this sounds worse than it actually is

The game is already plenty of fun and has some great, innovative rules but this is a code wish list after all

#46 7 years ago

This isn't a code request as much as it is a media request. I added all of the media assets (sound and display) that were given to me. I agree with you that more could have been added. That's still not out of the question, but the coding team isn't in charge of this.

The main multiball was originally built around the notion of the spinning wheels popping up. When that feature was removed, the multiball did become simpler. Still it is the main mode in which the spinning wheels run continuously.

I purposefully decided not to include an add-a-ball because I felt the game already had enough multiball play with the challenges. I did extend the ball saver time though to add more guaranteed play.

The scoring potential is large but you have to grind a lot. Jackpots max at 5M each, and Supers max at 5X for a potential 25M shot (before multipliers).

Regarding music, there are more than just 3 songs. High Octane, Red Mist, and Playfield Multiplier each have their own tracks.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

They don't have the high scoring potential that a well-stacked and well-played challenge has (because that is a much harder feat to pull off), but they do offer a fairly quick way to score 10M-15M in only a few shots. Plus, every race you win increases the value of all race shots thereafter, and boosts the value of the Full Throttle multiball jackpots. Over time, the total value of races can become substantial.
Challenges are probably always going to be the preferred choice by tournament players, because it's multiball and that prolongs game time and offers safety. But I think there are moments where the race strategy is viable.
Aside from scoring, to me the bigger issue is that races are exclusive modes, and you can't do much else while a race is running. However, this was debated endlessly long ago during development and that was the decision that was made. It would be difficult to change this now without affecting other aspects of the game.
But please keep the suggestions and feedback coming - this is really appreciated!

I think this is a really good explanation. At the same time, I think you should consider that anytime people are timing out modes that something needs to change. The race rewards are just not enough for strategic players to not time them out. What if winning races further increases a multiplier on the challenges significantly enough for the player to want to do the races? That also puts the reward onto the challenges that you suggested should be worth more. Just some thoughts.

#48 7 years ago

It also strikes me that 'grind' is not really an appropriate word for a game that's meant to last an average of five minutes.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

This isn't a code request as much as it is a media request. I added all of the media assets (sound and display) that were given to me. I agree with you that more could have been added. That's still not out of the question, but the coding team isn't in charge of this.

Thanks for responding. Yesterday I played the game again, and I think it's fast and fun. I do think though that adding some more sound-feedback is needed. Though that's not 'in your hands' I can imagine having some extra speech and programming them in both won't be that much hours of work (compared to what's been done already) and will make the game quite a lot better. We can dream of more animations, more songs, etc... but I think the most simple improvement is just adding some audio-feedback for some shots/achievements. The shots themselves are already programmed, so adding some audio won't be that much work. I don't know who recorded the call-outs, but if they're still in contact with Heighway, recording some more could be done in an hour/a few hours if you gave them a list?
Well, that said, I think it's a great and fun game to start with for Heighway.

#50 7 years ago

May have found a bug. I locked 2 balls for multiball, and heard the audible callout 'one more for multiball'. As the ball was coming of out the scoop, it managed to bounce back right in and that started multiball (as opposed to hitting the garage shot to lock).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.