_DSC0052.jpg
_DSC0065.jpg
_DSC0131.jpg
_DSC0138.jpg
_DSC0141.jpg
_DSC0148.jpg
pp.jpg
full-throttle-launch-party1.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

full-throttle-launch-party1.jpgfull-throttle-launch-party1.jpg

I am hosting a launch party for the new Full Throttle. It is also a fundraiser for the Geneva Centre for Autism, which is a great resource for families with autism providing family education and support, social skill building groups, an early intervention program, behaviour/communication analysis and intervention planning, parent, sibling and peer support groups, family resource services, adult support groups, respite and so much more.

All games will be on token play with 100% of all money raised donated. I will be donating all machines, upkeep and also snacks. Water and soft drinks will be $2. I hope that it raises a lot of money.

The hours are 5pm to 10pm.

Game Lineup:

Pinballs:
Full Throttle – Heighway Pinball’s brand new game! Play it here first!
The Walking Dead LE
Mustang LE
Metallica (Premium)
Star Trek LE
Avengers Hulk LE
Tron
Spider-Man
Batman Dark Knight
AC/DC (Premium)
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Medieval Madness (2015 Remake)
Iron Man (Vault Edition)

Video Games:
Pac-Man’s Arcade Party (Namco) featuring Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug & more

Space is limited so you must rsvp to the email address on the flyer and if you need directions they will be given by email. I am located in Toronto near Wilson subway station and am TTC accessible.

You can also visit www.frolicsarcade.com

#2 8 years ago

Can't wait , In like fylnn I mean frolic !

#3 8 years ago

Bring your Staff shirt, I'm putting you to work.

#4 8 years ago

Frolic, you're a good dude!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Bring your Staff shirt, I'm putting you to work.

yes boss

#6 8 years ago

That's awesome. What price are they set at?

#7 8 years ago

Still mulling it over, but it's all for charity so I want everyone to stuff the token machine with money .

If weather is good I will do BBQ.

#8 8 years ago

I'm in Ottawa but love that you are doing this. Do you have a paypal or other way I can shoot you a few bucks?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I'm in Ottawa but love that you are doing this. Do you have a paypal or other way I can shoot you a few bucks?

Great idea! People will want to support this, even if they can't attend.

#10 8 years ago

Ahhhh, that's so nice of you guys... well I certainly won't say no. I've set a goal to crack the $1000 mark. I figure if 40 people came by over the night and we averaged $25 we'd get there. Anyone "seeding" the pot will make it that much easier to achieve.

I've attached my paypal as an image to this, just so my email address doesn't get scraped by bots.

I'm pretty excited about this party. I've been building my arcade for the last year and a 1/2, and it is exciting for me now to use my "talents" to raise money for a good cause, and will be a lot of fun.

pp.jpgpp.jpg

#11 8 years ago

As a parent of two young men with autism I am very happy to see someone do a tournament for a worthy cause.

#12 8 years ago

I'm a parent myself with 2 sons with autism, so it is something that is close to me. This particular organization personally helped us way in the beginning when my eldest boy started kindergarten and his behaviors that would be considered odd became problematic. We nor his teachers understood what was going on. I can vividly recall the night my wife came home from a seminar at the Geneva Centre ecstatic, because for the first time we had an explanation for what was going on with our son and we had hope again.

They were also very helpful to us by offering a respite service, where we could drop our son off for 3 hours with trained staff for some fun play, and could go out and do things. It was at a time when I was not doing as well financially as I am now, so they were a life saver and I'm happy to be in a position today to give back.

#13 8 years ago

You are now 2% (Canadian) of the way there, have fun!

#14 8 years ago

Shaun(Mr.XSIV) and I will come out.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

You are now 2% (Canadian) of the way there, have fun!

Thank you!!

Wow!! We've already had $120 donated... unexpected but VERY appreciated! When I got into Pinball exactly 3 years ago (signed up to Pinside August 2012 - before owning a machine) I was immediately drawn to the community, and in these past 3 years I've made a ton of new friends. This is the best of what pinball and Pinside are all about. I am thrilled to be in a position to give back in my own way and I thank all of you for your support.

#16 8 years ago

I'll be there in spirit. Best of luck, frolic!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I'll be there in spirit. Best of luck, frolic!

Thank you, Karl. Appreciate the contribution. I will post lots of pictures of the party.

#18 8 years ago

Looking forward to it ( 7 days to go ! ) the countdown has started

#19 8 years ago

Thank you to the generous Pinsiders that have already put us $145 towards our goal!

The weather forecast is clear skies all week. So my patio will be open and will give everyone some breathing room from my arcade and a place to socialize away from the noise of the games. I will grill sausages.

For Full Throttle we'll have a white board where you can queue your name and have everyone play in 4 player groups, and just work through the list 'round and 'round. You can put your name on the list as many times as you want.

I have 13 pins, 1 arcade vid, 14 bar stools and standingroom behind all the machines, so lots of room for everyone, plus the patio outside.

I should be able to accommodate all who want to come. It's also open house format, so it doesn't matter when you arrive or leave. Please rsvp so we know who is coming and how many people that will be.

#20 8 years ago

Some pics of my place.

_DSC0131.JPG_DSC0131.JPG_DSC0138.JPG_DSC0138.JPG_DSC0052.JPG_DSC0052.JPG_DSC0141.JPG_DSC0141.JPG_DSC0148.JPG_DSC0148.JPG

_DSC0065.jpg_DSC0065.jpg

#21 8 years ago

$170 towards our goal thanks to generous Pinsiders. I think by the end of the party we should be able to pass our goal.

It is this Thursday Sept 3.

#23 8 years ago

Hey Frolic, my wife is in TO this week for a medical conference. I will RSVP if she and a co-worker can drop by Thursday night to help out. Damn I should have gone with her, looks like fun and for a good cause too. good luck with the fundraising.

Edit: My wife is walking around TO downtown and snapped this pic They fit the Full Throttle theme perfectly

IMG_0173_2.jpgIMG_0173_2.jpg

#24 8 years ago

Contact the email address for location info. Lots of space. Weather will be nice. I'll be grilling sausages outside.

#25 8 years ago

What an awesome event FROLIC !

if I was closer I would be there.

Steve

#26 8 years ago

I have a brother in law who works with Autistic kids and I don't know how he does it day in and day out. Some of the stories are heartbreaking, I have a lot of respect for organisations that help families out with things like this. Donated some money for you but I can't make it to Toronto for the event, maybe you could schedule a second one and bring the games down under for me!

#27 8 years ago

Wow! We've cracked the $300 mark! THANK YOU to all the generous pinheads from literally AROUND THE WORLD for supporting this!

I will post lots of photos, so even if you can't make it personally you will see the party.

The weather forecast is beautiful tomorrow, so it should be a great evening of pinball and socializing.

#28 8 years ago

I have seem a few pics and a video of gameplay on this machine. I am just wondering why it even has a backbox/header. Seems like everything could fit in the lower cabinet and a few fans could take care of any heat issues.
Sure, pins have backboxes but I am thinking they could have just had a stand up translight and had the look without the weight and extra wood.
Someone please snap a few pics of the inside of the cabinet. I am really impressed by the way machones have found ways to save space over the years. I was really impressed with the inside of the lower in WOZ. Very clean and minimalist.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I have seem a few pics and a video of gameplay on this machine. I am just wondering why it even has a backbox/header. Seems like everything could fit in the lower cabinet and a few fans could take care of any heat issues.

I'm certain you could run the game with no backbox attached at all. There is nothing in it except for speakers, the translite, leds lighting it up, and the 2nd lcd. There is only 1 molex that connects the cabinet to backbox, and an hdmi for the lcd. I would guess the game would run with out those connections.

But we expect to see a backbox, so it would look odd without it.

If I recall, an early P3 prototype had no backbox either, and people were critical of the appearance.

But maybe a solution for people with low clearance? The game will already be able to be put into weird places because the glass doesn't slide out.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Sure, pins have backboxes but I am thinking they could have just had a stand up translight and had the look without the weight and extra wood.
Someone please snap a few pics of the inside of the cabinet. I am really impressed by the way machones have found ways to save space over the years. I was really impressed with the inside of the lower in WOZ. Very clean and minimalist.

Locations would want a backbox to grab attention wouldn't they?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Locations would want a backbox to grab attention wouldn't they?

Have it as an option? I could fit a bunch more games if they had no backbox!! I have some serious clearance issues on 1 side of my basement. Put the backbox on if/when you sell it. They would look weird at first though...

#32 8 years ago

Today is the day. The game has been running good, I think it's ready to get some heavy use tonight .

#33 8 years ago

We've now crossed $450 donations before the doors have opened. THANK YOU everyone for your support!

#34 8 years ago

Wish I could be there!

#35 8 years ago

man if i could make the drive tonight i would go

#36 8 years ago

Starting to fill upimage.jpgimage.jpg

#37 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#39 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Thanks Chris great time playing full throttle Fun Night great cause !

#44 8 years ago

Dave wins 1st place with highest score on Full Throttle at the party tonightimage.jpgimage.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Huge success tonight... between the advance donations from people unable to make it and money collected by our token machine the grand total raised for The Geneva Centre for Autism tonight is $1070!

Full Throttle was really well received, maybe some of the players can post their comments in this thread.

As well, the concept of a charity arcade went over well, playing for a good cause but making the arcade concept that much more real and having every game mean something because you put money into it.

We priced games to raise money, tokens were $1 and games were priced 1, 2 or 3 tokens (Full Throttle was 3 tokens).

Thank you to everyone for your support. It was fun to do.

#46 8 years ago

I am impressed Chris! Over 1000 bucks is huge! Way to go and thanks to you and Robin!
Also those little speakers I won are cool!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Full Throttle was really well received, maybe some of the players can post their comments in this thread.

I'd love to hear what people think. I haven't even played Full Throttle myself, just watched it being played at Expo last year. Looking forward to putting in some games on it at this Expo!

#48 8 years ago

Hey Frolic,

Sorry I couldn't get there earlier, but I had an awesome time when I finally did get there! Full Throttle is a really fun, fast game!

Thanks for hosting this worthwhile and fun event, and I'm glad to hear it was successful!

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from PNorth:

Full Throttle is a really fun, fast game!

Any more reviews? Comparisons? How would you guys rate it?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Any more reviews? Comparisons? How would you guys rate it?

I imagine we'll hear more after people get some sleep in them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-toronto-launch-party-sept-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.