IMG_0568 (resized).JPG
FuTH 006 (resized).JPG
FuTH 005 (resized).JPG
FuTH 004 (resized).JPG
FuTH 001 (resized).JPG
IMG_4272 (resized).JPG
IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
IMG_6246 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago

This was posted 19 hours ago by Andrew on the Alien thread - hopefully it will be of interest the FTh folks too:

Hi everyone,
Apologies for the radio silence - but we are just getting back to normal after Expo.
We have taken onboard any criticisms over the Expo period and reveal, and are working on a few key changes that can be implemented without delaying our production process.
Yes the production process has begun. Many parts have been ordered and some have already begun arriving. Production of the first games will be relatively slow - but this process will speed up dramatically as we get closer to Christmas.
Production of certain elements are happening now - the cabinets are virtually unchanged from Full Throttle - except for the EL blade panel recesses - and hence these can be built up first. Many sub assemblies will also be built in the coming weeks. This is how we can say that production has officially started. The more parts that are made now - the easier and quicker it will be finish the first games and get them shipped out to customers.
Part of this challenge is ramping up the production processes over the coming weeks to meet our target of producing 100 games a month by the end of this year. We have hired the necessary people with the knowledge and experience to make this happen.
We are significantly strengthening all areas of our company to meet the needs over the coming months. This includes extra personnel in all areas of the company. We know that there have been some delays in replying to customers over the last few weeks and for us, this is unacceptable. We will endeavour to deal with existing customers, and new enquiries, in a much faster manner in the coming days and weeks.
Many people have commented on the CPU and the need to upgrade it for existing Full Throttle owners. We chose the current Full Throttle CPU 2.5 years ago. It was a great CPU back then but 2.5 years is an eternity in the PC world.
As a company we want to constantly evolve our product and make it as new and relevant as possible. We tried to "cover all bases" in our original design concept, but inevitably some aspects of the system may need to be upgraded in the future. We could have kept the same CPU for Alien - but you, the customers, would suffer from not having the ultimate experience that we, the creators, can deliver to you now. So in choosing a new CPU, we have tried to make sure that it WON'T need changing over the next 2-3 years.
For existing customers, we will do our very best to look after them. It won't mean 'free' CPU upgrades, but it should mean substantial discounts for Full Throttle customers. When the time is right, we will announce such pricing and incentives.
I will try to stay as active here as possible, and to answer questions that you may have - and to give you regular updates over the coming weeks.

#33 7 years ago

My Full Throttle LE #215 is being delivered tomorrow!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats. Does that mean 215 LE have been sold and delivered now?

DerGoetz is right, you get to pick any unclaimed number. My wife's birthday February 15th.

#46 7 years ago

My new FTh LE arrived today. Like others have experienced, the black and white box slid into the corner and several cables came loose. I cannot locate where the smaller one goes to. I enclosed pictures. The cable comes out of the black and white plastic box and is the 3rd cable from the left - not counting the antenna. Thanks for any help - I'm eager to get this beauty up and running.

IMG_0568 (resized).JPGIMG_0568 (resized).JPG

IMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0570 (resized).JPG

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think that goes to the red circuit board under the plexi---left side "usb to cpu" or something like that? Plugs in sideways.

Thanks! It just barely reaches if I try to hook the white and black box to the metal mount. I had to turn it so the jacks face the player or the cable would have been too short. Hope that does the trick! I will power it up tomorrow after I get a friend to help me lift it to get the back legs and then the backbox on.

#53 7 years ago

Thanks Wickerman2, it worked! Thanks for the offer Nevus, Pinside has so many great folks. My son-in-law just came by and we have the game up and running. The fiber optics are beautiful and the shaker is well integrated into the game. Looks like this Saturday will be Full Throttle day.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Yeah that should be it. The mini USB end goes onto a port on the main PCB in the cabinet. These photos should help if you look closely

Thanks, that is how mine looks now, except my white and black box is mounted a bit more to the right.

#56 7 years ago

All is running well, but my pop bumpers don't light. They fire but never light. Any suggestions?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Did you check all your connections? If you had some wires loose maybe something us needs re-seating?

I think I got them all. But I just notice that on the right side the ANE targets of OCTANE don't light either. I'll check there next in case the loose connection is there. Maybe that will bring them all on line?

#62 7 years ago

I'd like to add that the bumpers and the ANE switches all function normally - they just don't light up.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Mine has been broke 7 weeks now. No response, may cancel Alien.

I'll call CoinTaker on Monday - great service from Chris and Melissa.

#73 7 years ago

My FTh LE is fixed and playing perfectly! I reseated the connector from the main green board on the floor of the cabinet marked Playfield Power Supply and then on both sides of where that cable passes through the steel brace between the Playfield rails. Nothing worse than a loose connection. Thanks Andrew for your suggestions. This a fun and beautiful game!

#78 7 years ago

Marco sells an inexpensive tool that works well for adjusting leaf switches. May be available elsewhere too.

#87 7 years ago

My new FTh LE ran flawlessly this weekend with parties on both Saturday and Sunday and many 4 player games. Thanks Andrew, Melissa and the great Pinsiders who helped me with advice setting it up and clearing the glitches. What a fun game!

1 month later
#95 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I'm happy to engage in any way. I got an email from Helmut 2 days ago and responded to that, but have not heard back. I am in US Eastern time, so GMT-5, if that helps you get a skype session planned.
Thanks!

Did you ever get it resolved?

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

my usb hub came unsecured

Mine came loose too, but fortunately nothing was broken. All I had to do was figure out which of the loose cables went where. The means of securing the hub to that plate is not the best - some two sided tape or Velcro would help.

1 month later
#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do you have a shaker on it? I unplugged mine until I have time to try and dial it back. It is really REALLY violent...I could see it vibrating loose almost anything on the game at factory settings.

I turned my shaker off in the software too. Since I did, I have had no issues with loose connections. I think the shaker is overkill and I am very glad the option to turn it off is included.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-right-ramp-issue?tu=txstargazer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.