IMG_0568 (resized).JPG
FuTH 006 (resized).JPG
FuTH 005 (resized).JPG
FuTH 004 (resized).JPG
FuTH 001 (resized).JPG
IMG_4272 (resized).JPG
IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
IMG_6246 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HeighwayPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first time in this thread, so apologies for not addressing these issues earlier.

I was away for 10 days in Chicago, and now things are returning to normal. But the lack of communication is not acceptable. We are striving to rectify this as a priority.

We have hired new staff to address ALL issues in a much quicker and acceptable manner. This includes Jay - our new Customer Services Manager and Dave Willcox - our new Service Manager.

Both guys are getting up to speed at the moment, but in the meantime I will monitor this thread from now on and answer questions ASAP.

If anyone hasn't had an email response from me then please forward emails to me again and I will answer them accordingly.

I will try and address all questions here in my following posts

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have trouble making the right ramp shot consistently on my Full Throttle. The ball just rattles around and out, maybe making it to the top 1/10 times.

Apologies to you in particular Russell, as you are the OP and must be the most frustrated by the lack of communications.

As Dave (Eala) posted shortly after you, we have found that raising the ramp entrance slightly vastly improves the right ramp shot. Loosening the screws that hold the ramp into place, and even putting 1 or 2 washers under the ramp plastic to "raise" it slightly should drastically improve this shot. Please let us know how you get on

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i had an issue where the screen on the playfeild wasn't perfectly flush , the ball would get some air and rattle in the ramp , it thing it was also tagging the ramp protector , all good once i leveled the screen .

Yes, absolutely correct. The screen must sit flush with the playfield (the height can be adjusted by the placement screws under the playfield)

The bikes wheels must ALL be sitting flush with the playfield surface too. If they ever slip down, then please readjust them and make them nice and tight. Playing the game with the wheels sitting too low can cause rapid playfield wear here. Playing the game with the wheels too high can cause airballs.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Thanks for the pointers, Dave. Useful tips. Will try them out. I have the same problem as original poster, using the left flipper. It usually works better when I backhand the ramp, so not a weak flippers problem.
With that said, I do find the flipper button switches a little too loose. I have a pretty early version of the game, have you by any chance changed those leaf switches since then? Just wondering if I should order some new ones or if they are supposed to be that loose? It is not a deal breaker, since you get used to it, but it get mentioned when I have other people over, playing my game. Talked with a tech and he suggested I ask you guys about it.

Hi Karl,

We haven't changed the switches "yet". Please try tightening them up in the cabinet, and make sure the flipper button 'middle' part strikes the switch dead in the centre. Also make sure the flipper button hex is nice and tight please.

My favoured route is that we will change these from leaf switches to optos in the near future

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I haven't had any of my messages to support responded to so far, even after Andrew asked me to email him directly. I understand things are busy, with trying to get Alien out, but come on guys, at least respond to my requests to support.
I've also got a lighting issue and would like to code update.

Have you performed the code update yet? If not, what code version are you currently running please? Do you need the update instructions?

What is your lighting issue?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I've had the same, four weeks and having a board issue, I emailed, but nothing after I emailed support and not Andrew. It is not good. Eventually, repeat customers will be lost.

Please forward your email to me again Hank, and I will respond to it immediately

#72 7 years ago

I'll carry on with this thread tomorrow and try and answer remaining questions/issues then

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My FTh LE is fixed and playing perfectly! I reseated the connector from the main green board on the floor of the cabinet marked Playfield Power Supply and then on both sides of where that cable passes through the steel brace between the Playfield rails. Nothing worse than a loose connection. Thanks Andrew for your suggestions. This a fun and beautiful game!

Glad you got the problem fixed and you're enjoying the game Jim!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Code updated to 1.41 courtesy of a fellow pinsider. The code thats up on the heighway site right now is corrupted. The archive does not extract properly.
Another question - can I get a manual anywhere? Physical or PDF or anything? I am the 3rd owner of this game, and while it was basically brand new, less than 100 plays, I did not receive any documentation on the game or system with it.
As far as the lighting issue, here is a video: » YouTube video

It seems there is an IO board issue occuring here.

Please press the diagnostics button and on the first screen, toggling with the flipper buttons, you will find a list of the IO boards. Can you tell me the version number for each IO Board please?

Please also try reseating all of the USB cables for the IO boards, and on the CPU unit itself. It could just be a connectivity issue.

I need to find out tomorrow if both the OCT and ANE targets are on the same IO board.

As for the M in MPH ... you could always take the board off and make sure that "M" hasn't fallen down towards the PCB. It should be pushed up with a nylon spacer. If that all checks out ok, swap M with P or H and see if the problem follows across.

There is not a manual as such, but we are developing a lot of service bulletins and YouTube help videos. A manual is on the list for the future. Please email me and I'll send you everything we have so far.

[email protected]

1 month later
#92 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I finally got a chance to swap them. Lighting issue did not change.
Andrew, any advice here? Can I purchase a new board, or should I start playing around with LEDs? What is the next step here?

To follow up on David's post, we can also arrange a Skype video call with you to help sort your problems

1 month later
#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Thanks, it's fixed now. Not sure what was happening. The connections all looked normal. I just reseated all of the relevant connectors, and it works now.

Glad you got it fixed Russell. You can ignore my email to you this evening.

There are also manual adjustment knobs on the amplifier - including one for the treble

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HeighwayPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-right-ramp-issue?tu=HeighwayPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.