IMG_0568 (resized).JPG
FuTH 006 (resized).JPG
FuTH 005 (resized).JPG
FuTH 004 (resized).JPG
FuTH 001 (resized).JPG
IMG_4272 (resized).JPG
IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
IMG_6246 (resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I have trouble making the right ramp shot consistently on my Full Throttle. The ball just rattles around and out, maybe making it to the top 1/10 times. It improved to ~2-3/10 when I lowered the playfield angle from ~8 to ~7 degrees. Still, that's pretty terrible for such an important shot. I heard that the plastic over the top of the R ramp was causing problems, but I removed it with no improvement. It seems that it needs some little metal pieces along the sides of the ramp at the bottom, like the ramp on Game of Thrones. I'm not sure if that would help, but it's a thought. Other ideas?

#2 7 years ago

According to Andrew that is supposed to be the hardest shot. I was having trouble with it at first but eventually got it--operator/lack of skill on my part. You have to hit it just right. Did you update to the latest code? There is a flipper strength improvement in there that might help as well.

#3 7 years ago

I'm not talking about just missing the shot, I'm saying when you hit it straight on it still rattles out. Honestly, it feels like poorly designed geometry. But perhaps it's just the fact that it's plastic at the bottom. What playfield angle do you have it set at?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm not talking about just missing the shot,

Mine acted the same way. Turns out I was in fact missing the shot, then I just started getting the timing down for it--it's still hard to hit but not impossible or any "design" flaw. No idea what angle.

#5 7 years ago

It's a design issue. The ramp bends to the right to early and causes the ball to rattle and lose momentum. You have to hit it perfect. They should really fix this going forward. A very slight mold change and it would flow like butter. The "it's supposed to be a hard shot" is crap. It doesn't work as it's supposed to. Still a really fun game though.

#6 7 years ago

i had an issue where the screen on the playfeild wasn't perfectly flush , the ball would get some air and rattle in the ramp , it thing it was also tagging the ramp protector , all good once i leveled the screen .

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The "it's supposed to be a hard shot" is crap.

let them know you can't hit it....

[email protected]

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

let them know you can't hit it....
[email protected]

Don't own the game, have played about 6 different ones and all are the same though. You can make it but it has to be perfect and most shots do not complete the ramp. Otherwise I think it's a great game. The right ramp has been the main thing that has stopped me from purchasing one. The game is lots of fun, a small tweak to that ramp could make it even better.

#9 7 years ago

It's possible that the ramp could be screwed in a little too tight - try loosening the screws a little in places. If that helps, consider placing a washer underneath one or two of the fastenings.

#10 7 years ago

I'm a bit of a luddite or I would film myself hitting it a few times in a row...it takes some practice to hit it just right but once I'm dialed in it's not bad.

#11 7 years ago

I never had that problem, but then again I suck and do not know better, hahaha

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the pointers, Dave. Useful tips. Will try them out. I have the same problem as original poster, using the left flipper. It usually works better when I backhand the ramp, so not a weak flippers problem.

With that said, I do find the flipper button switches a little too loose. I have a pretty early version of the game, have you by any chance changed those leaf switches since then? Just wondering if I should order some new ones or if they are supposed to be that loose? It is not a deal breaker, since you get used to it, but it get mentioned when I have other people over, playing my game. Talked with a tech and he suggested I ask you guys about it.

#13 7 years ago

Can someone link me to the most recent software update? I can't seem to track it down.

#14 7 years ago

I'm still having issues with a light board that is still unresolved. This started weeks ago.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Can someone link me to the most recent software update? I can't seem to track it down.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/update1.41.zip

You should email support for the specific instructions before you do it---there's a service bulletin with exact walk through.

#16 7 years ago

Could something like this fix the R ramp problem?

IMG_6246 (resized).jpgIMG_6246 (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago

Make sure that the "wheel" on the bike in front of the right ramp is perfectly level. If it isn't you're going to rattle the shit out of that ramp & hardly ever make it. Mine was slightly high, I moved it down & you could rail that right ramp @ at will!

#18 7 years ago

My right orbit would rattle also. I had to unscrew it & move it back about a quarter inch. After that adjustment & slightly adjusting the inner loop, this pin was one of the fastest pins I've ever played & just a blast to shoot!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/update1.41.zip
You should email support for the specific instructions before you do it---there's a service bulletin with exact walk through.

I haven't had any of my messages to support responded to so far, even after Andrew asked me to email him directly. I understand things are busy, with trying to get Alien out, but come on guys, at least respond to my requests to support.

I've also got a lighting issue and would like to code update.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I haven't had any of my messages to support responded to so far, even after Andrew asked me to email him directly. I understand things are busy, with trying to get Alien out, but come on guys, at least respond to my requests to support.

PM send

#21 7 years ago

I have sent multiple emails also, no responses. Ominous sign.

#22 7 years ago

He was out of country...alien sucking up all the oxygen, give it time and try again

#23 7 years ago

Pinheads podcast just said that Alien will not work on the existing Full Throttle computer. Are you kidding??? Isn't that the whole reason he made this as an interchangeable playfield?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Pinheads podcast just said that Alien will not work on the existing Full Throttle computer. Are you kidding??? Isn't that the whole reason he made this as an interchangeable playfield?

Andrew has already said that they will take care of all FullT customers. The CPU change is actually a good thing as it will ensure no issues down the road since it is apparantly more robust and we will be able to get off the shelf replacements 20 years form now.

Pretty sad that people are podcasting and dont have all the facts straight.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I've had the same, four weeks and having a board issue, I emailed, but nothing after I emailed support and not Andrew. It is not good. Eventually, repeat customers will be lost.

#26 7 years ago

How will we change out the CPUs? Sounds like a pinball technician will be required. Will we have to pay for the new CPU? How about the labor involved in making the switch?

I just emailed Andrew again. If I don't hear back soon, I'll be putting my game on the market. No support from the company = loss of me as a customer. Quite a shame, as I am looking forward to playing Alien.

#27 7 years ago

They've discussed it already in heighway thread. Sounds like a minor issue, they'll give owners more info when the games start rolling out. In the long run it will be better CPU for system so it's a positive. Not worried a bit. Again, the lack of response currently at least, Andrew has said he is swamped and was out of country. He's getting through them. I'd email support if you have an issue and be prepared to wait a little with the Alien-fever eating up resources for the time being.

#28 7 years ago

Which thread? I'd like to catch up on the discussion. Glad to hear you're not concerned. Perhaps it will all work out.

#29 7 years ago

The Alien thread--people are swamping that asking about Alien specifics...that's their main focus. Full Throttle will get a backseat a bit longer I think. Andrew is a great guy--brought my game to RMPS and we set it up and ran through everything and even helped load in the truck. I think they are just getting slammed with the Alien interest--was a big hit at Expo even in prototype stage.

#30 7 years ago

The answers will be coming , patience is key right now , Aliens is taking all the attention temporarily , that's all . Absolutely no reason to panic.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

The answers will be coming , patience is key right now , Aliens is taking all the attention temporarily , that's all . Absolutely no reason to panic.

Im not looking for answers to complicated questions here. I'd just like someone from support to respond to a request for assistance. I don't need a fix just yet. I'll settle at this point for a simple response asking me for additional info.

#32 7 years ago

This was posted 19 hours ago by Andrew on the Alien thread - hopefully it will be of interest the FTh folks too:

Hi everyone,
Apologies for the radio silence - but we are just getting back to normal after Expo.
We have taken onboard any criticisms over the Expo period and reveal, and are working on a few key changes that can be implemented without delaying our production process.
Yes the production process has begun. Many parts have been ordered and some have already begun arriving. Production of the first games will be relatively slow - but this process will speed up dramatically as we get closer to Christmas.
Production of certain elements are happening now - the cabinets are virtually unchanged from Full Throttle - except for the EL blade panel recesses - and hence these can be built up first. Many sub assemblies will also be built in the coming weeks. This is how we can say that production has officially started. The more parts that are made now - the easier and quicker it will be finish the first games and get them shipped out to customers.
Part of this challenge is ramping up the production processes over the coming weeks to meet our target of producing 100 games a month by the end of this year. We have hired the necessary people with the knowledge and experience to make this happen.
We are significantly strengthening all areas of our company to meet the needs over the coming months. This includes extra personnel in all areas of the company. We know that there have been some delays in replying to customers over the last few weeks and for us, this is unacceptable. We will endeavour to deal with existing customers, and new enquiries, in a much faster manner in the coming days and weeks.
Many people have commented on the CPU and the need to upgrade it for existing Full Throttle owners. We chose the current Full Throttle CPU 2.5 years ago. It was a great CPU back then but 2.5 years is an eternity in the PC world.
As a company we want to constantly evolve our product and make it as new and relevant as possible. We tried to "cover all bases" in our original design concept, but inevitably some aspects of the system may need to be upgraded in the future. We could have kept the same CPU for Alien - but you, the customers, would suffer from not having the ultimate experience that we, the creators, can deliver to you now. So in choosing a new CPU, we have tried to make sure that it WON'T need changing over the next 2-3 years.
For existing customers, we will do our very best to look after them. It won't mean 'free' CPU upgrades, but it should mean substantial discounts for Full Throttle customers. When the time is right, we will announce such pricing and incentives.
I will try to stay as active here as possible, and to answer questions that you may have - and to give you regular updates over the coming weeks.

#33 7 years ago

My Full Throttle LE #215 is being delivered tomorrow!

#34 7 years ago

I'd sell my Full Throttle #2 if anyone wants it. I'm in it 9300 with large display, shipping and tax. $8200.00 would pry it away.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My Full Throttle LE #215 is being delivered tomorrow!

congrats. Does that mean 215 LE have been sold and delivered now?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Im not looking for answers to complicated questions here. I'd just like someone from support to respond to a request for assistance. I don't need a fix just yet. I'll settle at this point for a simple response asking me for additional info.

Well I hope you get your answers , but my post was there about the computer upgrade needed for alien .

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No, you can chose your number. I picked 64.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

DerGoetz is right, you get to pick any unclaimed number. My wife's birthday February 15th.

#39 7 years ago

Well it looks like the sales of ft just slowed down unless the new ones off the line have the newer cpu installed

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You may choose the LE#. AFAIK you can't choose a SE# so you'd need to be looking for the highest owner number of those + however many LE's.

#41 7 years ago

Still no answer, and sent additional requests to [email protected]

Also - I found a loose up post on the playfield and cant figure out where its supposed to go. Also, my autoplunger looks like it just lost its tip. I see a white tip on the trough coil plunger, but theres none there on my autoplunger. It also seems to have lost all oomf to it, which means its not getting all the way to the ball, hence my thought that the tip fell off, but I cant find it.
Anyone have a picture? Heres what I found sitting loose. I think it flew off the end of the shooter and up around the orbit.

IMG_0194 (resized).JPGIMG_0194 (resized).JPG

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Also - I found a loose up post on the playfield and cant figure out where its supposed to go. Also, my autoplunger looks like it just lost its tip. I see a white tip on the trough coil plunger, but theres none there on my autoplunger. It also seems to have lost all oomf to it, which means its not getting all the way to the ball, hence my thought that the tip fell off, but I cant find it.
Anyone have a picture? Heres what I found sitting loose. I think it flew off the end of the shooter and up around the orbit.

Here's mine

IMG_4272 (resized).JPGIMG_4272 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

loose up post on the playfield

pics

FuTH 001 (resized).JPGFuTH 001 (resized).JPG

FuTH 004 (resized).JPGFuTH 004 (resized).JPG

FuTH 005 (resized).JPGFuTH 005 (resized).JPG

FuTH 006 (resized).JPGFuTH 006 (resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

that 'post' is the top part of the bell armature on your auto launcher.

There was a bad batch of them from the manufacturer (mine was broken upon arrival, I ordered another from Pinball life and it also came broken). I replaced with a 3rd one and all good.

#45 7 years ago

Do you happen to have a part number on it? Also is there a parts diagram for FT out there anywhere? I have no documentation whatsoever for mine. Is that normal?

#46 7 years ago

My new FTh LE arrived today. Like others have experienced, the black and white box slid into the corner and several cables came loose. I cannot locate where the smaller one goes to. I enclosed pictures. The cable comes out of the black and white plastic box and is the 3rd cable from the left - not counting the antenna. Thanks for any help - I'm eager to get this beauty up and running.

IMG_0568 (resized).JPGIMG_0568 (resized).JPG

IMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0570 (resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Do you happen to have a part number on it? Also is there a parts diagram for FT out there anywhere? I have no documentation whatsoever for mine. Is that normal?

should be this one
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=472

possibly this one
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2987

I ordered both. Either will work, but one is slightly longer and the other just a little shorter. Sorry, not 100% on which was correct but 90% it was the first.

#48 7 years ago

txstargazer >> Sorry, game is on westside and I am on eastside for the night so cant look right now. Maybe message frolic to ask him? He is a good dude and will help if he is home.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

smaller one goes to.

I think that goes to the red circuit board under the plexi---left side "usb to cpu" or something like that? Plugs in sideways.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think that goes to the red circuit board under the plexi---left side "usb to cpu" or something like that? Plugs in sideways.

Thanks! It just barely reaches if I try to hook the white and black box to the metal mount. I had to turn it so the jacks face the player or the cable would have been too short. Hope that does the trick! I will power it up tomorrow after I get a friend to help me lift it to get the back legs and then the backbox on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 189.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinlights
Interactive
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-right-ramp-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.