5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinChatt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Is there any interest from other Full Throttle owners in reproduction rubber spinner discs and possibly the decal that is underneath the rubber?

I just recently purchased a Full Throttle. The silicone rubber discs were falling off on my game. A previous owner had tried to re-glue them multiple times with different types of glue. Obviously, these attempts all failed. And the multiple old glue layers had completely obscured the decal underneath the rubber.

So after an extensive amount of research, I've found the right materials including a very specialized 3M double layer adhesive that is specifically designed for bonding silicone rubber sheet goods to metal and plastic substrates. The adhesive is generally only sold in industrial quantities at prices that are not affordable for small projects. But I've managed to source some left over pieces from a production run at a reasonable price. I'll make a few of the rubber discs cut to size with the special adhesive backing and try them on my machine first. If all goes well, and anyone else is interested, I would be willing to sell some of the extras to recover some of my material costs.

I was able to carefully clean most of the old glue residue off the spinner decal surface. It was a time consuming process. They look much better, but one of the decals does have some slight damage (probably wouldn't be noticeable once the new rubber is on top). I made a scan of the decal and could make some reproduction decals if there is any interest. It would be much faster to use an aggressive solvent to remove the old glue and decal together, then replace everything with new. But I won't make a decal unless there is enough interest in doing so. They are expensive to make in low quantities.

#4 5 years ago

Good to know there is some interest. Some of the supplies have come in, so I'll be making some rubber discs and testing them out over the next week or so.

I also found a place online that can make the decals in small quantities at a reasonable price. So I'm going to make a trial run of some reproduction decals with the wheel image.

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

A quick update. I've made the first set of rubber spinner discs and have them installed on my machine. They look great and seem to work really well. I'm going to test them out for a little bit and see how they hold up. Once I am convinced they are a workable replacement, I'll offer them for sale. I'll also get some photos posted soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-reproduction-spinner-discs-and-decals?tu=pinchatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.