(Topic ID: 47831)

Full Throttle reg. price 6,950.00 Euro = $9,078.00 - Ouch!

By pindome

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Orce
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

The game looks interesting but for us in the States $9,078.00 plus shipping is pretty hard on the credit card. Don't know it there is tax or customs on a new pin. I'm out based on price alone.

Sorry if this was covered before.

#2 11 years ago

LMAO. Wonder what the LE is going to cost.

#3 11 years ago

Yikes - hire a good artist next time. Game might be fun, but I can't shell out that much for bad SNES cover art.

#4 11 years ago

Where did you see this? Thats quite expensive, I thought perhaps it would be in the 5K range. Bummer, I was excited for this one.

#5 11 years ago

Stern is more expensive in holland. Ac dc 8k euro....

#6 11 years ago

Well there goes my interest in this one.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yikes - hire a good artist next time.

Agreed like Predator just to Home brew for me.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Where did you see this? Thats quite expensive, I thought perhaps it would be in the 5K range. Bummer, I was excited for this one.

Check out pinball news it is a bit confusing but this appears to be the regular price. Maybe Andrew can chime in to clarify pricing.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yikes - hire a good artist next time. Game might be fun, but I can't shell out that much for bad SNES cover art.

Maybe they should have went with a Mario Kart theme?

#10 11 years ago

The prices in the Pinball News article are retail prices for Europe, via distributors.

We are expecting prices for our standard model to be sub $6k retail in the USA, and will explain why when we make our announcement shortly.

Andrew

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The prices in the Pinball News article are retail prices for Europe, via distributors.
    We are expecting prices for our standard model to be sub $6k retail in the USA, and will explain why when we make our announcement shortly.
    Andrew

European buyers should buy in the states and reimport back to Europe. That's a big difference over $3,000.00, it will be interesting to see why.

#12 11 years ago

Plus it will be shipped overseas so probably even more than we are use to.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Andrew

I am really curious about this one; it might just come down to "most of the world is used to paying crazy amounts for their games, the USA is slowly playing catch up "

Good luck with the game. I was disheartened to see a LE for this game as well (LE everything seems to be infecting the hobby...) but I don't blame you one bit for giving it a shot. It seems to work

This game looks like it has mad flow, but new tech and some killer ideas. It looks sort of like what Steve Ritchie might have designed had he been given free reign at JJP. And that can't be a bad thing, can it?

#14 11 years ago

Looked like a pretty solid game. This price point to me is a little out of line with the current norm. Art and powder coating, Toys LED's. This is LE pricing without the bling not my cup of tea.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Looked like a pretty solid game. This price point to me is a little out of line with the current norm. Art and powder coating, Toys LED's. This is LE pricing without the bling not my cup of tea.

If this can help, we have the exact symetrical problem in Europe with Stern NIB prices. I could afford a AC/DC premium in the US, but now way I would pay 7400 euros for a NIB one in France.
    Sales tax, import and transport...

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

European buyers should buy in the states and reimport back to Europe. That's a big difference over $3,000.00, it will be interesting to see why.

for example $6000 + $500 shipping. taxes for the importation French VAT 19,6% 6500*1,196=$7774
    You have to pay the custom clearance agent about 3%. $8000

For the moment in France we have no additional customs taxes for a pinball importation (for a TV it's 10% + VAT)

You can see there's still a difference about $1000 but the pinball have to be at the EU standards (220V, 50hz) ROhs compliant before the exportation and ship with an UE standards certificate

The seller have to make the transformation before the exportation otherwise the french customs block the pinball. This transformation is not free. Some claim between $500 and $800 for these modifications. The gape isn't as important as it seems.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

The game looks interesting but for us in the States $9,078.00 plus shipping is pretty hard on the credit card. Don't know it there is tax or customs on a new pin. I'm out based on price alone.

Welcome to our world.

#18 11 years ago

at least the regular and the le appear to have the same game play based on the info. LE calculates to be about $1.5k Aus or US.

Interested to hear pricing for Aus as a LE would hit $10.5k with freight / tax, interested to hear the pricing is going to work out.

#19 11 years ago

It is about $8500 Australian
    + $500 shipping
    + at least $900 in local taxes and other govt charges

tad under $10000
    pass

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Totally agree, the game appears to have good flow and a little innovation, but it is so damn ugly. In the video Iron Maiden is playing, is that on the pinball track or just back ground music?

#21 11 years ago

I was hoping it would be under £4000 GBP and actually closer to £3500. I guess though you are investing in the cabinet and can buy just the playfield for the second game although we have no guarantee how many more games will be made.

I hope the final game has more sfx and call outs. It seems to just be music mostly. That was similarly disappointing on Captain Nemo. No offence to fans of that kind of music but I don't like the music on either of these games.

#22 11 years ago

Well, to be fair, they were showing an incomplete game so I wouldn't put much stock into the music/sound effects at this time.

#23 11 years ago

Yeah, hopefully.

#24 11 years ago

You do realize this is a work in progress (prototype). Looks like its probably 70% complete right now. Even at this early stage in the game it looks very cool and seems to play great. Scoring but no video or effects, no game music, no bumpers. I'm sure there are several other things missing. I am amazed that Andrew and his team got it this far in this short of a time and brought the game to the show to play. Imagine when the game is complete!

From reading the info on pinball news, the changeable playfield, 4 channel sound, dashboard display LCD screen in the middle for video/effects/scoring, RGB lighting in the side panels are all very cool innovations.

I am really digging the game so far and look forward to the next news!

#25 11 years ago

For so many years, with B/W and then with Stern, we are used to seeing completed games shown for the first time, that were developed in secret. All these new companies are showing us their works in progress, but I think it will take some adjustment to understand what we are seeing and that the game will change a lot by the time it is complete.

#26 11 years ago

works out to about £4300 whereas we're paying £8500 for a Stern here. factor in the next game for £2500 and that's well cheap by comparison and shouldn't take an op long to recoup the money.

#27 11 years ago

£8500? You mean dollars? A new Stern Premium is about £6200-400.

#28 11 years ago

yes I stand corrected its only two grand cheaper

Quoted from chocky909:£8500? You mean dollars? A new Stern Premium is about £6200-400.

#29 11 years ago

all depends on taxes..
    if i order a stern from the us, for 5k, i will pay probably 6k euros after taxes and transports.
    6k euros = 7.8k dollars

so, when you pay 5k i pay 7.8k.. and i bet my salary is 10 times smaller than all of yours us guys hahahahahah

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-reg-price-695000-euro-907800-ouch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.