(Topic ID: 98641)

Full Throttle Pricing (Finally competition works the way it's supposed to!)

By frolic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mufcmufc
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

003247012_KuZ.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HeighwayPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

It is very interesting to read your opinions, and we respect them all.

I would ask you if the Stern Pro is the correct model to compare our game against?

We manufacture two models - a Standard and a Limited Edition version. The Standard version is not a cut back version of the LE. Both games share the same basic hardware and software package. The two versions play the same as each other. The LE is a more 'exclusive' version - targeted at collectors.

If you therefore compare our Standard model against Stern Premium / JJP Standard editions, how does our game compare price-wise then?

We are trying to keep our prices as low as possible, whilst making as good a game as possible - including full colour LCD programming, a full licensed soundtrack, and much more. We also believe that our interchangeable game system will make owning the latest games much more affordable in the long term.

If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask - and I will do my best to answer them.

Andrew

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from jungle:

That's if operators give it a go in the first place. Here in the UK it is £4550 Full Throttle

- please don't forget that this price INCLUDES 20% sales tax, which operators won't be paying

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from jungle:

So I tell you I'm an operator and hand you just £3640 for a machine ? Many operators won't be VAT registered.

We have to charge VAT on all UK sales. Most operators will have to be VAT registered anyway, to operate their business. They will reclaim VAT off their game purchases, and pay VAT on their takings

#44 9 years ago

Thanks again for your comments.

We currently have 2 x HDMI ports ... one is being used for our playfield LCD and the other is currently reserved for future playfield LCD options.

We have discussed the idea of having an additional port for servicing. I also really like the idea of having one for tournament play.

Thanks for the suggestion - we will look into it,

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Spinning pop up discs looked awesome. I'm sure there is a reason they left. It would be interesting to hear why it d isn't work.

Our flippers are very strong and we felt there was a strong risk of bending the pop-up shaft with repeated shots to this mechanism. Doing this could mean the mech could get stuck on its way back down, and effectively render the game out-of-service.

We decided to simply make them spinning wheels - to randomise the path of the ball. The decision was taken to maximise the reliability of our first game.

The wheels don't spin nearly quick enough at the moment - but they will spin much faster in the next few weeks as we test alternative motors. There will also be a 'grippy' top surface to the wheels to help randomise the balls further

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

Hi,
    I am curious if you are using metric system parts or not.
    Also, I am unclear if the lighted ramps are an option for the standard machines or if only available on the LE.
    Are you going to have a prototype for play at Chicago Expo?
    Thanks

Very good question.

We had to make this decision at a very early stage - and we chose to stick with the industry standard, imperial. This has made things very difficult for us because we can't just go down to the store and get some 6-32 screws, for example. Generally speaking you can't get them in the UK - you have to ship them in from the USA or China.

Many of the LE parts will be available as upgrades for the Standard models. We are expecting the ligthing sets to be among those.

Yes - we will have at least 2 games at Expo

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

For operators are you going to offer leases to get them out and on location?

We are currently looking at this option for a number of our key markets - including the USA. So, yes, we hope to be able to offer this option in the near future

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Plus I hear Dennis Nordman designed the next one!

You are right ... we have some amazing titles in the pipeline from Dennis, John Trudeau, Dave Sanders + some other unannounced designers...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HeighwayPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-pricing-finally-competition-works-the-way-its-supposed-to?tu=HeighwayPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.