(Topic ID: 137210)

Full Throttle on location. Pinball Wizard Arcade, Pelham, NH.

By NeighborFrank

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160217_102033336_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160215_185830361_(resized).jpg
289745_255389911151317_5078576_o_(resized).jpg
446170.jpg
Milhouse.jpg
IMG_9230.jpg
image1.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

Completely missing this thread, I stumble into Pinball Wizard yesterday as I needed to buy an X-pin display, maybe play some classics... and BAM!

IMG_9230.JPGIMG_9230.JPG

Woo hoo! Full Throttle... TAKE MY MONEY!

Overall, what a fun machine. I'll reiterate the two things that the people who have played this stress to those concerned.

1) It's really, really fast for a widebody. Awesomely fast. Really, awesomely fast!
2) The playfield "glass cartridge" in no way interferes with playfield view.

The side-lit panels were $$$, the layout was fantastic (combos-a-plenty), the sound quality (and soundtrack itself) was on point, and the integrated screen was wonderful. I caught myself a few times saying "you don't have to look up". Also, the skill shot was very fun. Much more fun that "launch at full power and press the flipper until it lines up with the correct top lane" skill shot.

My only gripe, and it was hard to find one, was that the scoop sometimes drained the ball on me. Roughly 25% of the time, out of the scoop this happened. It would come out, hit something on the right, and head straight over to the left drain/inlane. Seeing how KISS fixed this (either via changing coil strength, or adding in a ball save time after eject...?) I bet this won't be a permanent issue.

image1.JPGimage1.JPG

The Pros far outweigh the Cons for this game. If you're in the area, it (along everything else at PWA) is worth the drive.

Good weather, good times, NFL season starts soon, league at PWA starts in a week, new Full Throttle playable 20 min from my house...

Milhouse.jpgMilhouse.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-on-location-pinball-wizard-arcade-pelham-nh?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.